Anyone see the Calderon fight?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by mikE, May 1, 2007.

1. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I see on boxrec that last weekend, Calderon won a split decision in Columbia against an unknown Columbian, Ronald Barrera, who had a 20-2-1 (12) record.

Did anyone see this fight? Calderon is very good, but I'll admit that it's annoyed me for a while that he gets p4p mention quite often although he's fought absolutely no one. And he'll get credit as the fucking flyweight champ in boxing digest.

In my eyes, he's certainly no better than Morel was and Morel really got no mention in a p4p sense even when he had beaten better competition and had a better overall record.

2. StingerKarl

StingerKarl Ace Degenerate

I thought that was MAB's younger brother, at least that is what fightnews said.
    I know someone who lives there and they went, but I haven't heard from them.
    Iron Boy is the best pure boxer in the world, IMO.
    He dosen't set himself to punch nearly as much as Eric did though he does more now than he used as he's getting older), but I think he is a much better boxer.

3. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    barrera is Miguel Barrera's younger brother. Miguel was highly touted until his tragic KO loss to some journeyman that left him w/ brain damage.

4. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

I read Calderon will be moving up to 108 and will fight Hugo Cazares for the WBO/Ring Magazine belts. :cheer: