Baroni..

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Boskov Velbov, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Boskov Velbov

Boskov Velbov Scrub

Has he improved? - Can he impove?

Is his ground game suspect?

Will he win the GP?

Also for Mike as hes roleld with Baroni - realisticeally - How do you rate him, Can he make it 185 plus?

2. TraZ

TraZ WBC Champion

Home Page:
    good win beating chonan

beatin minowa isnt exactly a great feat..but what can you do

the pride ring suites him a lot better because guys like lindland wont lay and pray on him all night long.

hes one of the biggest punchers around and will always be a threat to anyone

just taking him to the ground is his real weakness

3. NeighborMike

NeighborMike Senior Member

Home Page:
    honest truth there are guys that WILL outwork baroni on the ground if he does not KO them...

baroni is a world class wrestler and striker but often holds back due to stamina issues...he is always working to improve and has obviously got better in recent fights

stamina and confidence are the only thing that kept him from being #1 in the ufc...the same may hold true in pride but there are guys who are just flat out better then him

4. Boskov Velbov

Boskov Velbov Scrub

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>honest truth there are guys that WILL outwork baroni on the ground if he does not KO them...

baroni is a world class wrestler and striker but often holds back due to stamina issues...he is always working to improve and has obviously got better in recent fights

stamina and confidence are the only thing that kept him from being #1 in the ufc...the same may hold true in pride but there are guys who are just flat out better then him
    <div align="right">[post=32445]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

Thanks. I always wonder about Baroni's Wrestling becae he always gasses befor we getto see enough of it. The Chonan fiht changed how I view him. But why the stamina problems. Roids?? Lifestyle??

5. NeighborMike

NeighborMike Senior Member

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks. I always wonder about Baroni's Wrestling becae he always gasses befor we getto see enough of it. The Chonan fiht changed how I view him. But why the stamina problems. Roids?? Lifestyle??
    <div align="right">[post=32500]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

to be honest i dont know why he gasses...when i was training with him we woud do 10 minutes rounds and spar for about 45 minutes..now obviously u think this would be good enough to get u threw a 15 minute fight...but not for baroni...he always diets well, has very good work ethic, i dont know why he gasses

6. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>to be honest i dont know why he gasses...when i was training with him we woud do 10 minutes rounds and spar for about 45 minutes..now obviously u think this would be good enough to get u threw a 15 minute fight...but not for baroni...he always diets well, has very good work ethic, i dont know why he gasses
    <div align="right">[post=32502]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]
    maybe he gets too "jacked up"

adrenaline will wear you out