Boxing talked about on SportCenter

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by jarhead, May 3, 2007.

1. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    Suprised the shit out of me. They had a storyline about DLH-Floyd. Boxing really needs to put their fights more in front of mainstream sports fans. And when I say boxing, I guess I mean the abc belts. They should be getting ESPN to put world title fight out comes on the ticker across the bottom of the screen AT LEAST.

2. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Why's that a big deal? They showed the entire post-fight press conference on ESPNews for Lewis/Klitschko, and they showed tons of highlights and interviews for many different fights both pre and post fight including Hopkins/Taylor and many others. The ticker always has results.

3. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

ESPN doesn't do shit to even cover their own fights on sportscenter. they should be covering the sport more frequently. Who the fuck cares about Lacrosse?? :flip:

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

It's BEAUTIFUL,Isn't It???...

REED:bears:

5. jarhead

Operations Manager
    The ticker only show results of the biggest fights. :nono:

I disagree with you. Boxing gets very little love from any mainstream sports media, especially ESPN.

6. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I'm willing to bet that Mike Tyson could come back to the ring tomorrow and fight Evander Holyfield, and together they could still pull in at least 400K ppv buys, despite both being shot to hell. Just from interest alone and their names, they could generate more buys than any of today's younger fighters.

7. jarhead

Operations Manager
    Sure. But how is that relavent to the topic?:dunno:

And yes Reed, it is beautiful:cheer:

8. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

earlier today I saw Brian Keny interviewing Floyd. Of course Floyd is still bitter with him. Saying he always critizes him. Brian Kenny asked him like 4 times why and Floyd didn't want to go into detail. He just mentioned that he noticed how different he interviews other fighters. But either way he dind't care what anybody thinks of him. :lol: Brian Kenny told him: "well you brought it uP, tell me how" Floyd didn't want to go into detail.

I always like Brian Kenny interviewing him.:lol:

Later on On "Jim Rome is burning" they show footage of the press tour. Floyd walking with his entourage saying that he dont' fight in the streets only in the ring. So if anybody got beef with him they got beef with one of his homeboys. :laughing: