Bud Crawford vs. Ike Quartey

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Fortunato, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Fortunato

Fortunato WBC Champion

How does this one turn out? Bud may be more talented and versatile but Ike is the epitome of the big, strong welterweight and his jab was a great weapon.

2. Fortunato

Fortunato WBC Champion

I'll break the ice on this one: I think Quartey beats Crawford. I think his jab is a weapon Bud hasn't dealt with at 147 and Ike hooked and crossed off it beautifully. Bud is strong, tough and smart but we haven't seen him deal with someone who will move him with every punch and not give him time or space to dissect him like he's done to others.

I think Bud eventually finds a rhythm but he'd be down on the cards and maybe even been on the deck. He fights his way back into the fight but I don't see him having an equalizer like DeLaHoya's hook or JLL's raw power to beat Ike.

Quartey by a 116-112 type decision.

3. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    crawford by KO vs the inactive and tight at the weight quartey from the lopez and delahoya fights. if we're talkin the active quartey from 94 to 97 then he's got a shot

4. Fortunato

Fortunato WBC Champion

Just curious. Why do you think Crawford would kayo that version of Quartey? Even that version gave DLH absolute hell. I don't think Crawford beats him let alone knocks him out.

5. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Crawford by controversial decision

6. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Tough fight for Crawford. Definitely tougher than Errol Spence was. If it’s the 99 version of Ike, I could see Bud pulling off a close decision. If it’s the 96-97 version of Ike, I could see him beating Crawford. That jab would problematic as well as the natural physical strength that he had.