Couture vs Liddell 3, who do you pick?

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Hanzy, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Saturday night, they fight again. Mainly because there are no other stars out there besides Arlovski who can main event a UFC ppv. And Dana cries poor to all his fighters.
    So who do you have winning this time? You think Couture will try to be brave again and make it into another stand up boxing match? Or do you think he'll be what he really is which is a wrestler who'll attempt to take it to the mat and unleash fury like he's expected to? It would minimize his chances of getting caught with a big punch.
    Liddell obviously will have his typical and usually always effective gameplan of attempting to bomb his opponent out with punches.
    What happens this time? I think I'll side with Liddell by a TKO after sustained damage to Couture's face in round 2.

2. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    I think Chuck gets him again. I think Randy was a much better fighter prime for prime, but the hour glass has to run empty sooner rather than later.

Also, I disagree with this being a bad fight. Both men handily beat the other one time out. You go to MMA sites and fans are split right down the middle on who they think will win. NO REASON not to do it again

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  3. FourHooks

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    BTW, i've said it a gazzillion times, Coture outboxed Chuck the first time out, and wore him down to get his takedowns. Its not like you can just bum in on chuck and score takedowns. The announcers arent blowing smoke up your ass when they talk about how good chuck is at stuffing takedowns.

Seriously, I love this fight, cant see why socalled fans arent hyped, much less show animosity towards this fight

4. Hanzy

I didn't say it's a bad fight, I'm saying that the UFC is lacking on stars. But with Tito Ortiz back, things may pick up again. Although I'll admit, Ortiz wasn't ever Mr.Excitement.:jester:

5. Hanzy

Chuck's heading for 37 so I doubt he has that much time left himself. Chuck's sprawl is excellent. I see him winning again, like you do.

6. FourHooks

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    not only his sprawl, but when he does get taken down, dude just stands right back up....uses the cage well to do that

7. Hanzy

Which is kinda BS! John McCarthy is on Sylvia's case for locking his fingers into the fence to avoid getting taken down, but Liddell is ok for using the fence to get up? Come on, what are the rules here? Is the fence allowed or not? Or do the refs and officials not have a clue?

8. FourHooks

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    i think its ok as long as you dont grab it with your hands. Leveraging with your feet and putting your back against it as a means of support are ok

9. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Yeah, but should it be? No. Using your feet for leverage is no different than using your hands for leverage. Neither should be legal, or BOTH should be legal.

10. FourHooks

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    agreed......i still like the cage better than the ring, though

11. 20yearoldvirgin

20yearoldvirgin WBC Champion

:eek: :2: :dancingguy:

12. Hanzy

:nixweiss: I am Hanzstradamus! For my next guaranteed prediction, arturo will have sex with a hot chick by the end of this month! You'll prove me right will you not?:holla: