Destruction's tip to lose fat fast!!!!!

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

For three months, let the only thing you drink be water. No Carbs (Bread, rice, pasta, potatoes) after 6pm.

If you manage to do that...you don't even need to do much cardio to lose the fat fast.

2. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Giving up bread is too hard !!! :Steve-Dave/MMA:

3. TLC

TLC "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I detest drinking water.

4. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Learn to love it now.

5. Newbraski

Newbraski <div style="font-weight: bold;font-style: italic;"

He prefers kool-aid.

6. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Otherwise good, but the time does not matter. Simply reducing carbs reduces fat but it makes no difference if you eat them at morning or evening, what matters is how much exercise you do. I have stopped eating rice, pasta and potatoes altogether and it really helps

7. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Timing can matter if you restrict carbs long enough to significantly deplete muscle glycogen stores. Any carbs you then ingest afterwards will go straight to restoring them and you can really pig out and it's very anabolic (it matters what type of carbs you then take, sucrose & fructose will be used preferentially to restore liver glycogen stores & don't really help). And for as long as muscle glycogen is depleted your body will obviously burn fat preferentially instead of glycogen. So carb (and calorie) cycling DOES work, very well. What Sly's referring to is called a 'half timed carb diet'.....science doesn't really back it up (yet anyway), but allot of good trainers swear by it (including Dante Trundell).

8. Destruction and Mayhem

Timing matters. You burn more during the day that you do at night. Trust me. It's good to reduce carbs period, but if a person can't do it altogether then do it in the evenings at least. Some people need to walk before they can run.

9. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    I think the point in restricting carbs at night is to do fasted (low intensity) cardio in the morning with depleted muscle glycogen. So your body's gonna burn fat exclusively during your morning cardio. Short of doing that, it's pretty much just a way to reduce carbs.

10. Ramonza Soliloquies

Ramonza Soliloquies "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Sly, do you do any sprint training? I ask because it still forms the most important part of my work-outs, & I can definitely vouch for what the science behind it claims (it's a huge fat-burning technique). While I have not had bread/milk/butter in my diet for years (even my Weet-bix is in hot water, mixed with protein powder), I am not the best with keeping a disciplined diet going, having a sweet tooth, & prefer to work hard physically to stay lean (though occasionally, I will go very low in calories, just as a test of will as much as anything. You win some days, you lose some days, there).

I noticed in your photo you look rather like someone who sprints, so was wondering.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  11. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I did a cycling class today (1 hour) first time in 2 years ! I was drenched in sweat but it was great! Going back again tomorrow. Will be in the shape of my life come April 1st! That's the date I set for myself. !!!

12. Destruction and Mayhem

I sprint a lot in the summer and used to be a sprinter in my teen years. During the winter I just lift weights and work on the core.

13. Destruction and Mayhem

May 1st for me. I want to have more muscle mass and more definition. I've stepped up the weight at the gym and reduced carbs considerably. Although that seems counter-effective it actually works for me as long as I have a good breakfast.

14. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I am heading for 1st of June which is when holidays begin. I'd like to get about 4 lbs more weight and get bit more definition. I am already pretty close to what I want to be but three good months of training should make it even better

15. BOSS

BOSS TBD

What is your goal for May 1st ? To cut or gain size ?

16. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Best tip I can think of for fat loss - eat your meat out of bowls with shit loads of vegetables. On plates, just a pile of fibrous veg sits awkwardly, is difficult to eat and just makes you feel like there should be some potatoes or chips there or something. In a bowl you just mix them in with some mayo and lemon juice, chop them into little bits and it's a great, easy meal. Chopped steak, scrambled eggs, chopped chicken, any type of fish mixed up. Get 3 or 4 different bowls of frozen veg if you're lazy and just put them in the microwave for 4 minutes and stir them up. Can't get fat eating like that, you just can't.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  17. Ramonza Soliloquies

Vegetables. Never LOL. That's the devils work.

18. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    I'm aiming to be in all-time great shape for the 1st week of June. That gives me 12 weeks to make sure everything is dialed in properly. I'm not able to do much outdoor cardio because the little lad keeps me busy, but I'm dialing up the number of circuits I do bigtime.

19. Destruction and Mayhem

Diet is 75% of it though. What's your diet?

Me? I've cut out carbs after breakfast on weekdays and after 7 pm on Weekends. I'm only drinking water.

That alone is trimming off the love handles DOUBLE TIME without having to do cardio.

My workout now is 6-days a week.

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I work Chest exclusively (Bench, Incline, Flys and Pec Deck)

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I work abs (crunches), biceps (curls) and Back (rows and shrugs).

Each gym session is no more than 30 mins...so 30 mins a day 6 days a week. That's all a man really needs.

What about legs you ask?

I am blessed with naturally big legs. Walking up and down the multitudes of staircases in my home everyday is enough workout on those. :lol:

I ignore concentrating on Triceps altogether because Bench Pressing works them out enough as far as i am concerned.

This routine works for me. It's not how long you're in the gym, it's the intensity of your workout and your supplementary diet that does the trick...

20. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    I drink tea and water.

I freely admit my diet is horrible. If I wanted to totally change my eating habits, then the weight would come off. As it is, the weight is staying about the same, but everything is hardening into muscle.

I can't say no to pizza or Russian perogies. I don't eat after 6pm already but I do have a glass or two of fresh red wine per day. Anti-oxidants galore and the French paradox! :dunno:

21. Destruction and Mayhem

Tsk Tsk :nono:

No definition without the proper diet. That's what I've learned. Doesn't matter how hard you work at the gym...you'll just get bigger and more solid, but you wont get cut...unless your diet is up to scratch. And IMO, without definition it's pointless. I don't want to look like a big block for the sake of it.

I hear you though...It's BLOODY TOUGH!! I have a thing for Apple Pie, jamaican Bun, Roti, chocolate cheesecake..basically all the wrong stuff. That's why my weight fluctuates some 25 pounds every year: Gain 25 in the winter, lose 25 by the summer.

I'm a man of extremes...eat like a pig when it gets cold and eat like a spartan to look good in the summer.

22. Ramonza Soliloquies

Sly is right. You can't our-run a poor diet. No amount of high-intensity training will save you from the results in the end.

Training is massively important & always will be, but if you're going to eat away the profits, save yourself getting out of breath, because you can't win it that way.

23. loadedgloves

loadedgloves "Twinkle Toes" McJack

The reason you lose weight when cutting out carbs is because a) you're eating less calories by cutting carbs and b) carbs help your body retain water, cutting carbs out causes your body to "dry up" and gives it a leaner appearance.

Tip to losing fat, fast: eat less calories than you burn. The greater the calorie deficit you're in, the more quickly you will lose fat. If you're interested in preserving muscle mass, do a full body weightlifting routine and try to get around 100g or so of protein a day.

Everything else is bullshit and fad diets.

24. Destruction and Mayhem

Everyone knows this though, that's simple common sense. The real question is HOW do you burn more calories than you eat?

Cut out desserts, drink only water and minimise your carbs (if not cut them out entirely).

Your protein tip is a good one though. I eat a hell of alot of meat when I minimize carbs in order to retain muscle mass but continue to lose the fat.

25. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    [​IMG]

:partie:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  26. loadedgloves

It doesn't really matter if you eat desserts, imo. You burn more calories than you eat by eating less calories, period. If you eat 400 calories of lean protein and 1200 calories of buttercream frosting, you are at 1600 calories & will still lose weight.. probably not the brightest way to do it, but just saying that there's nothing special about carbs that cause you to lose weight by not eating them vs any other macronutrient.

27. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    'Weight'

'Fat'

Two very different things.

And each macro DOES have 'special' properties. That's why we bother distinguishing between them in the first.

28. loadedgloves

Assuming you are getting enough protein (and most Westerners do), you will lose fat at approximately the same rate (varies based on genetics) regardless of diet. Each macro does have special properties but in terms of weight loss their impact is negligible except in specific conditions that don't apply to 99% of the populace.

29. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

What about chocolate? Is that alright?

30. Destruction and Mayhem

What do you care. You probably don't eat chocolate but instead eat those fucked up little deep fried candies that smell a little bit like fudge!!