Did anyone else think Oscar was hurt...

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Antwuan Maxx, May 6, 2007.

1. Antwuan Maxx

Antwuan Maxx WBC Champion

by a left hook in the 11th round? I remember Floyd landing a shot the solar plexus, and Oscar grimacing. After that Floyd started landing head shots, and Oscar only seemed worried about protecting his midsection. Was Dee La Hoya hurt or am I just imagining things..

2. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

The funny thing is from what I saw...if anyone was going to get stopped it was Oscar, not Floyd. Whenever Floyd committed to his punches, Oscar didn't like them one bit and they seemed very heavy.

Floyd seemed to me to be punching as hard as Mosley punches at that weight.

3. ElTerriblee

ElTerriblee "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Hurt is a stretch, but you are right, but even more impressive was that Floyd made Oscars knees buckle in round five. That was not a balance problem.

4. Father of Muzse

Father of Muzse Undisputed Champion

Bullshit.

Oscar was never hurt. Anytime Floyd landed flush, Oscar simply reset and resumed his attack.

Pretty much everyone in the room thought Floyd was hurt at the end of the 11th, but the bell rang.

Even in round five when Floyd landed clean, the punch didn't bother Oscar because he immediately threw a combination right back at Floyd. It looked better than what it was because of balance and timing.

It's no different than some of the right hands Oscar landed, which seemed to be better than they were but Floyd rolled with the punch.

5. Antwuan Maxx

Ahhh...just found this on another forum...

[​IMG]

6. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Yep, I remember that. Left hook to the chest buckled Oscar's knees. We all saw that at the bar. I wish Floyd had been more agressive to the body.

Editted to ask:

or, on second look, was it a left hookercut to the point of the chin?

7. Father of Muzse

Jesus Christ Sly,

watch the damn video. You CLEARLY see Oscar shifting his back foot prior to the hook coming in.

Like I said, it was a timing shot. When the hook landed, oscar's back foot was off the ground.

Good Lord.

8. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

no my friend...YOU watch the damned video.

It is clear that Oscar's right knee buckled at the moment of impact. He was clearly shaken.

Are you telling me that everyone who has a leg off the ground and the moment of impact has that reaction in their body? Gimme a break!

9. Father of Muzse

This comment makes me believe two things...

1). you know nothing about balance

2). you never been in the ring before and if you have, you played patty cake with 10 year olds.

Good Lord Sly.

10. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:

yup

very easy to call

slystaff :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
    ________
    THE CIGAR BOSS

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  11. PetreTG

PetreTG WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Let the revisionism begin ... Now Oscar was hurt .. My god. Please stop watching boxing.

It's no wonder they get away with it time and again and laugh.

12. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Put it this way, if your favourite fighter...Shane Mosley...had landed the exact same punch at the exact same moment and achieved the exact same reaction...you would be saying something else.

But...I can't prove it, but I know it...because I know you.

I remember you initially scoring De La Hoya-Vargas round 10 for Fernando...based ONLY on the fact that Nando was one of your favourites and you've always hated DLH.

Naturally, you'll counter by saying that you still hate Oscar and don't like either of these two fighters more than the other and as such you're being objective...

Dude...you want to detract from Floyd at every given opportunity. That's all it is.

13. Antwuan Maxx

Coming from someone who claims Oscar "won." :cool: And you're telling me to stp watching boxing? Why? So I can be like you? :lol: Get the fuck outta here...

14. PetreTG

Home Page:
    The only thing that saved Floyd from getting KTFO was his speed ... but he spent the majority of the fight looking like a hoe being bitch slapped for not having enough money.

Oscar left that fight without a scratch on him.

He controlled that fight.

Taking his belts for THAT performance is utter bullshit.

15. PetreTG

Home Page:
    No what you should do is just read compubox which was total BS ... would have saved you a lot of money cause that's all you did anyway. :cool:

16. Father of Muzse

Sly,

Compare that punch and reaction to that of Ruiz when Jones stepped in with that right hand and made Ruiz do a happy dance.

THAT was a punch which buckled Ruiz's knees.

Both his feet were set and as a reaction to the punch, his feet shifted and his legs temporarily turned to jelly.

The video above CLEARLY proves your theory incorrect and off-base.

lest we not forget, I was the one talking about Floyd landing in between Oscar's combinations (which this video shows) and the possibly of Oscar getting hurt while throwing and not seeing a punch from Floyd coming in.

With that said, since I was the one talking about Floyd having the ability to hurt Oscar and what he'd need to do in order to accomplish it, I think it's fair to say I have a pretty good REED on if it occurred or not.

Guess what...it didn't.

Furthermore, you were the cat talking about Floyd throwing lead right hands (and I said he shouldn't) and throughout the fight you didn't see him throwing many of them.

Lastly, I guess you figured out my master plan. I had the foresight to openly speak of my dislike for both of these guys for the past few years just so I could fool you and degrade Floyd's win on this thread AFTER the fight.

You solved the case Columbo! :bears:

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  17. Antwuan Maxx

Nah, maybe what I should do is judge fights based on my who I'm rooting for and by crowd response, opposed to the fighter who is actually winning rounds, and landing the cleaner shots. :notallthere:

It's as clear as day, you despise Floyd..and that dislike has clouded your judgement on what took place last night.

18. StingerKarl

StingerKarl Ace Degenerate

Oscar was shaken several times, but fought well last night even though I thought he lost big time as I gave him three rounds.

19. boxerpuncher

boxerpuncher Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    I think he definitely got shaken in round 5 when Floyed nailed him with a shot when he was fighting out of the corner.

20. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

Mayweather landed good punches throughout the fight. It's not like he was just sticking the jab; it was a fight.

21. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

I think Muze is pretty straight on Sly.

But I have to agree that it looked to me like that punch buckled Oscar a bit. It was very subtle, if it happened at all.

22. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

Frankly I remember a few times Oscar seemed to get dinged good. By contrast Floyd took Oscar's left hook (at the very end of the fight) Got hit with a few more shots and seemed unaffected. I think it was at teh end of round ten that Oscar caught Floyd flush and it did nothng much at all.

23. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Exactly, his back foot was leaving the ground and he got popped with a hook. If you're hit with a clean punch, it's your grounding that helps yuou absorb that punch, so if a foot is half off the ground, as the force travels through the body, of course it's going to affect that foot and your balance.

You need to sort it out Sly.

24. boxingnotboxers

boxingnotboxers WBC Champion

Fightbeat's Corrupt Ringside Physician
    Home Page:
    While I agree that saying DLH was seriously hurt is blown out of proportion, it did appear that he had to take his time after that shot; I mostly agreed with your post to not blow it out of porportion, but this quoted point is a stretch. Just because something doesn't happen the way you expect it to happen, doesn't mean it didn't happen at all. By that logic, I could say that I never expected Mayweather to be pushed back by a jab, and since it did, Oscar must be punishing him with it (which is not surprising in the sense that MANY of his opponents touch him up with that punch and give him his custom bloody lip, but you get the idea).

Scoring based on expectation as well as reaction is a dangerous combination (and based on your other posts I doubt you did this, like I said I agree with you mostly) which ends up with people having the idea that DLH won a decision in terms of rounds when actual landed punches to scoring areas (NO NOT COMPUBOX) seemed to show otherwise IMO.

25. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

The real point is that Oscar landed flush maybe once or twice, while Mayweather landed flush all night long. I'm not surprised at all that people are disputing the decision - not because it was close - but because the people here are idiots.

26. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

part of the problem is that even though Floyd does not have the handspeed people think he does (it is overrated and his technical expertise is underrated) because he throws so straight, so untelegraphed, it is hard to see the effect of his punches. He caught oscar with a lot of shots while Oscar's gloves were up. You could see the sweat fly.

But through closure people see Oscar with his gloves in position and they assume he blocked the shot. Only int he replay is it obvious the punch scored.

Also, on the counters. Floyd counters a lot of stuff that is unseen. Because the other guy is moving foward it is hard to see but in the replay you see Floyd slip the punch and hit the guy flush.

27. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    Not hurt, exactly. Oscar was stunned on 2 or 3 occassions. If anyone got hurt in the fight, it was Oscar though.

28. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

29. CleanYourClock

CleanYourClock "Twinkle Toes" McJack

WTF :lol:

This is ridiculous ..... If fuckin anyone got hurt in that fight , it was PBF ..

This thread should be DELETED ...

So the ball licking continues .....

30. CleanYourClock

CleanYourClock "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:laughing: :laughing: Yeah , he landed flush on the pile of air that was in front of Oscar ... The better shots landed flush on Oscars gloves

You are being sarcastic - I hope ...