Did Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for real at the Oscars?

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I did not watched the Oscars (haven't done so for the last few years) nor can mention the title of a single one of the 9 Best Film nominees, so I really don't care about this woke stupid ceremony. That said, apparently the interaction between Will Smith and host Chris Rock has raised some questions on whether Smith's reaction (censored in the USA broadcast) was real or not as he apparently got mad at Rock's joke on his wife, Jada Pinket Smith. The Smiths relationship has been, er, rocky lately. In the video below both the censored and uncensored versions are shown.

2. Double L

Double L Book Reader

looks staged. probably only way they could think to get people to notice the oscars since nobody can really stomach these people anymore let alone tune in to watch them jerk each other off.

3. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Looked staged to me. Notice how when Will is walking up to him Chris Rock appears to be WAITING for it…

4. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

I was thinking the same thing. The slap looked wwf style. but will smith tearing up afterward made me think it was real.

5. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Yup. Both were smiling even during the slap and Rock had his chin out like 'go ahead and do it'. I will not be surprised if the Academy itself staged this as their broadcast each year has hit rock bottom and they needed publicity badly! Now they got it.

puerto rock likes this.