EliteXC

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by TFK, Feb 11, 2007.

1. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Pretty good show so far. A Highlight reel KO for Krazy Horse, and a good scrap between the women. Production is pretty good, and the commentary isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

TFK

2. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    What's funny is I would have never put anything above a boxing telecast, yet here I am :wavegoodbye: Boxing is doomed....

3. TFK

The Crow stinking the joint up, as usual. Why this guy keeps getting televised fights, I'll never know.

TFK

4. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    Jesus Christ that was the weakest shit I ever seen. WTF? Barely kneed him. Intentional? Go get fucked....I am want my money back.....had I paid for it.....

5. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    Imagine getting hit with a REAL boxing rabbit punch.....he'd be six feet under :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  6. TFK

The ending sucked, but it was a good show overall.

How was the Mosely fight?

TFK

7. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    Show was good, the last one sucked.....I was hoping you could tell me ghfjdgs

8. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    OMG, apparently getting hit on the side/back of the neck makes you cough :jester: He must think he is calling into work.....

9. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Please someone give Renzo a fucking Oscar :2:

The cunt. He plain quit, just to keep his "undefeated" record. Frank was going to ko him anyways. Renzo has the worst standing game.

10. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Renzo was taken to the hospital afterwards, as he suffered a concussion from the two knee strikes.

I didn;t know what to think of it. Didn't seem like blatant fouls. Wasn't unlike a boxer trying to fight his way out of a clinch and instead going low. Ref took a point, time was called... not sure why it was ruled intentional or why Shamrock was DQ'd.

But even with the shitty ending, the card overall was fun. Luckily, Percy Crawford (from BoxingTalk.com) was next to me and able to give me a brief tutorial. There are some instances where I have a newfound respect for the sport. Can't say it will replace boxing, at least not in my heart (for the moment). But it helped that a boxing promoter did the first show for Showtime.

You can tell that Shaw ran the show like a guy who learned what NOT to do from crappy boxing cards, and adjusted accordingly for this card. Everything was very professional, and the night moved along fairly quick. Of the ten fights, just about all were entertaining, except for one of the Showtime bouts (Villasenor v. dude from Canada). A couple of mismatches in the prelims, but that's to be expected.

11. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    I don't like the Gracies but get real, Renzo didn't need to quit he was winning the fight anyways and in control.

12. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    Yeah. The chick fight was really good. They looked really skilled.

I still don't get it. I don't get the rules. You can knee in the face, but not in the back of the head? Oh well, shit happens.

I don't think Renzo quit either. The dude seemed like he was in distress. It sucks that this shitty ending was their first show.

How about Antonio SILVA. Dude moves like a lion and he is pretty big. Cabbage is a bum,but he is a tough bum and AS had him hurt from the start.

I will watch it again.

13. Free Ike

None
    I thought Frank was winning, but Renzo didn't quit. They had a shot of his eyes and they were swirling around in his head 3-4 minutes after. I hope he is ok. I hope his concussion is slight. Make no mistake he was concused.

14. Haymaker

No man you could easily overhear the ref talking with the doctor and the dr said that he couldn't find anything physically wrong about renzo. That wasn't a concussion, Bullshit. I know the blow was illegal, but it was not what renzo made it to be.

15. Free Ike

None
    I remember hearing that. I still can't believe he'd quit. I mean, some people thought he was ahead. I hope they rematch. I guess it is hard for me to believe Renzo would quit when he was in the dominant position and then got kayoed.Either the doc changedhis mindor the ref fucked up. I think if the doc says he is ok then Shamrock should have won because Renzo quit.

16. Father of Muzse

Father of Muzse Undisputed Champion

I caught the show this morning and I didn't think much of it. Kinda felt like a pseudo Wrestlemania event.

I've seen a few MMA shows and it's just not my thing. I can understand why it's exciting to the average person and most of the guys will be happy to be on TV...

"However"

If this thing takes off even a little bit, it'll be plagued with the same problems as boxing...greedy promoters, big egos and squabbles over money.

On the upside, most of those guys aren't very smart (dumber than boxers even) and more aggressive. We might have the pleasure of seeing a promoter (hint hint Gary Shaw) knocked out during the post fight interview.

:jester:

17. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    He was laughing and talking fine, then he started to cough like he was a kid acting like he was too sick to go to school :jester: The second knee was whimpy and that's the one he quit on....yes he quit. When have you ever seen someone that fucked up over a hit like that, I'm not talking about REAL rabbit punches or strikes either, I'm not talking about the kind he got from a non-leverage standpoint.....like he received.

18. Haymaker

agREED

19. 20yearoldvirgin

20yearoldvirgin WBC Champion

not true.

20. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    At first I thought Renzo was faking to get out of it....I thought Frank was winning and was going to end up taking the fight by KO......BUT, then I remembered Renzo trying to pretend like nothing was wrong with his arm when Sakuraba yanked it out of socket....Renzo is not a quitter, he was hurt, as freak and pussy looking as it was, the dude was hurt....I thought maybe the knee to ear may have fucked with his equilibrium....Who knows, I just cant see Renzo pussing out

Good show, good to see some of you boxing fans paying at least a little respect....The Crow is shot, Bigfoot is a fucking force....For anyone who doesnt follow MMA closely, him doing that to Cabbage was a fucking huge lift to an MMA heavyweight weight class that could use a few more stars...I think he'd give Sylvia a run for his money right now.....

Gina Carano is absolutely fucking beautifullllll.......now that I'm single, I think I'll ask her on a date

21. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    BTW, Frank Shamrock looked like he still has the tools to be a competitor....

and Jake, it was ruled an intentional foul because it was clearly an intentional foul....kneeing to the head of a downed opponent is a BIG NO NO, and Frank's knees had nowhere to land other than Renzo's head, not once but twice....The right call was made

22. Father of Muzse

agREED.

The prefight piece on her made me NOT want to see her fight. Can't understand why she'd want to mess up that face.

As far the rest of the show...

This won't make me like boxing any less. Overall, there was a WWE Monday Night Raw- feel to the production.

I wasn't impressed.

23. Jake

Home Page:
    I guess. Like I said, I was basically a virgin taking in all of this stuff. But nobody in the press section seemed to agree with the call. All agreed that it was a foul, but thought that the bout should've ended in a no-contest.

24. Father of Muzse

Don't know what this means or what it's about and I don't wanna know.

:sulkoff:

25. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    I think that's what he was relying on.....how he didn't quit when he had his arm fucked up. Apparently his fans want to believe he can't ever quit now :nono:

That Gina chick is hot :doggystl:

26. Free Ike

None
    She isn't that cute. She is cute for a girl fighter. She is above average in the general population. I take up to 5 points for ugly legs. A women must have tiny ankles, Canckles are a non, no!! Her legs are too thick and manly like Beyonce's.

27. Father of Muzse

Hey now...leave B-Average out of this!

28. Jake

Home Page:
    her ankles aside, I have to disagree with you. I think she's very good looking, and even more so in person.

29. Free Ike

None
    Ankles matter. That's like saying if she weighed only 100 pounds less she'd be hot. In fact, that is a bad analogy. A fatass can lose the weight. Her Cankles are there for life.
    The gym I used to go to had some models that used to kickbox there in the girl's classes. There were some hotties, but there is something very unattractive about a female sweating and grunting unless I have been pumping her with My Vitali like coordination for an hour.
    Cankles is an automatic fail for me. It is all good. A women who doesn't like Chubaka like hair growth wouldn't like me.

30. Jake

Home Page: