ESPN's Brian Kenny Mayweather Interview

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Fighter, May 3, 2007.

1. Fighter

Fighter Undisputed Champion

Long gone are the days Mayweather calling Oscar a chicken, a quitter.

Question: "What are Oscar's strengths?" Reply: "I really don't know."
    Question: 'What are his weaknesses?" Reply: "I don't know." "I guess he is straight up and down and I got the special effects."

Mayweather: "I always liked Oscar." What the hell is going on? His assistant trainer Bellerby or whatever also SUBDUED in yesterday's final press conf. No longer "We are going to tap that ass." talk. Very respectful.

Something abrewing?

2. Hex-One

Hex-One "Twinkle Toes" McJack

None of your business
    I'm sorry but I can't stand that arrogant piece os shit! I hope Delahoya KHTFO!:shit:

3. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

Is there a link?

4. dymipepel

dymipepel Im Banned

I think Floyd is a little bit ashamed right now to be a boxer, seeing as another so-called boxer (Freitas) just quit so recently for the second time in his career. After seeing that, Floyd was forced to evaluate his views on life in general and boxing in particular. And so the reason he was so subdued, is that he promised himself, no matter what happens in his fight with ODLH, he'll fight to the end and be knocked out, rather than be labeled as another "Freitas" or another "Zoo".

5. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I think Floyd has to temper his comments because he knows his game plan for this fight won't involve:

"Kicking Oscars ass" or "Beating Oscar down" or "Punishing Oscar"

When you make comments like those and then go out on fight night and pull the "slap n'run" like he did against Baldomir, you're going to look pretty stupid.

6. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    He was probably offered a position with Golden Boy Promotions.

7. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

I agree with you Sec.

Also I think that Mayweather has been playing a role to generate sales and now is buckling down to the business of not losing face in the ring.

8. Double L

Double L Book Reader

probably just comes down to PBF recognizing that ESPN2 viewers will likely be more knowledgable fight-fans who won't appreciate the trash talk.

9. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

Bet on it P bet on it. :bears: That is one of the reasons why, everyone thinks Floyd is the villian here but look carefully:

1) Oscar is perceived as the nice guy. If he gets his ass handed to him so what? he never talked shit and has mayweather as a fighter. Just like Hopkins.

2) Floyd's shit talk lines Oscar's pocket big time.

3) Oscar determined the gloves and many other fight stipulations.

4) Oscar obviously has a much more stable environment than Floyd and it will be relatively easy once he gets Floyd's respect to work with Floyd as a promoter.... that is why Oscar is doing this IMO.

10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

All this Time,REED Thought the CONSIPIRACY THEORISTS Resided on the Talk about Anything Forum...

REED:rolleyes:

11. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

Brother Reed can you tell me HONESTLY and with a straight face that in the last Jones Tarver fight Roy was fighting to beat Tarver? To open up and risk getting chin checked again for the chance to put one on the dud?

The reality of that fight was that Roy was fighting EXCLUSIVELY not to get KO'ed so he could save face. All the talk to the contrary was hype because that was always what Roy intended to do in that fight.

I see this fight the same way. Floyd and Oscar are both fighting to protect their other interests. They are much more interested with not getting smoked than with trying to risk it all and dominate the other guy. Other interests naturally assume working with each other in the future.

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

U Act as if this is some PRE-Planned,Glorified SPARRING Session,or Something...

As if DeLa AND Floyd TRUELY Intend on FOOLING the Public...

N his BIGGEST Fights,Floyd's NEVER Ran:nono: ...He DIDN'T Run Against Zab OR Gatti...He was MOBILE vs Corrales,but Floyd was VERY OFFENSIVE N that Bout...DeLa's Ran 1nce N his Life...

Call REED Naive,but he TRUELY Believes that Floyd AND DeLa care MORE about WINNING this Fight,than Walking Away UNhurt...

REED:cool:

13. Fighter

Fighter Undisputed Champion

Freitas=DIVERSION

I just see inconsistencies in the week leading to the fight. Mayweather has CHANGED his tune.

Mayweather, a la Tyson, had usually won the fight before the first punch was thrown. Not the case in this fight.

14. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:lol: :lol: :lol: Reed please,...either of those snatchy criminal cretins, especially Fraud, has no respect for the public, Oscar's putting up his usual facade, and Fraud's "Jus sayin', things ta steal ya money", neither of these dirty bastards would give a shit if a million people died as a result of this fight being made and neither would the corperations sponsoring them ofcourse.

And :nono: uh uh uh uh uh, against the best fighter he ever faced Fraud RAN for 7 rounds in that STINKING rematch, and lost the last 5, to squeak by with a decision,..kind've like Oscar / Tito in reverse, he did NOT look good in either fight and most definitely LOST the first one, and yet you expect Jermaine Taylor to 'look good' against an even SUPERIOR quality of opponents as to exclude him from being mentioned atop of p4p lists???....:rolleyes: may aswell hand over all the rights to Boxingtalk dawg....

And you regard Zab Judah, coming off a humiliating loss to a bum, as one of his 'BIG fights'?.....:eeeek: ............perhaps your right,..that reflects what an 'alltime GREAT career' Fraud's had,...do you think he 'looked good' in that arguable draw?..:lol: once again Fraud upstages what can most adequately be labelled as Tszyu's scraps...

15. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Mayweather, like Tyson, always change their tunes.

It's like they're borderline schizos.

16. KaukipRrr

Oscar De La Hoya: ".....It is up to us two fighters to fight the best we can."

:rolleyes: ?.. Sounds a bit 'fixy'... maybe that was a telepathic reminder to Fraud,..

17. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

If it was telepathic, he would not have said anything. Do you mean cryptic?

18. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

S'up mex, how's your design business going? Been a while since we last chatted.

19. mexican wedding shirt

No design business now Hanzy, just art business. It's picking up actually, thanks. Doing a fair amount of commissions for galleries, pop art, and also personal portraits and pet portraits to customers. Doing some wallpaper designs and stuff too.

Pretty soon I am getting my own website, showcasing and selling the kind of art that I want to do, less commerical stuff.

How is YOUR design business going? :)

20. Hanzy

I'm still setting up. I was planning the site, and hoping to get it done through flash. But I'm doing it myself. Taking a long time. I'm usually too exhausted from this 9 to 5 sh*t to really put all my focus on a side business.:doh: I need a vacation. Like 4 straight weeks. Then I might get something done.

21. Father of Muzse

Father of Muzse Undisputed Champion

I think Floyd's about winning and not getting hurt.

I picked Floyd because I believe he'll be successful in potshotting and staying out of harms way. Floyd posing in front of Oscar is a bad move even if Floyd's landing counter shots.

Floyd won't fight Oscar any differently than he fought the last rounds against Baldomir.

I'm surprised by anyone who thinks differently.

22. mexican wedding shirt

Hanzy I don't blame you. When I was working a 9-5 I simply couldn't do it. I didn't have the time, energy and motivation. It took quitting that job, and getting into debt to start this business, and it's finally starting to pay off, so I am glad :)

I don't have a boss, and can work from home :D

23. Hanzy

:bears: I envy you!!!!!

24. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

:bears: :bears: This is absolutely true.

25. Father of Muzse

Father of Muzse Undisputed Champion

If the fight is even after the first six rounds and Oscar's put in good shots to the body, I strongly feel Oscar takes over the last half of the fight.

There are two scenarios I see for both guys winning...

Oscar wins in a fight which mirrors his fight with Hopkins (once 'Nard stepped up the pace, Oscar froze up)

or

Floyd wins by mimicking the last four or five rounds of the Baldomir fight.

I pick the latter.

26. KaukipRrr

Yeah, that's a bit better. :doh:

27. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

U're NOT Worthy of a Floyd Avatar OR Sig:nono: ...

CHANGE it @ 1nce...

REED:blobbox:

28. KaukipRrr

:eeeek: I kinda like it, it's giving me a buzz, due to the fact that I myself am aware that there's something not quite right about it, it's just like wearing women's clothing. :cheer:

29. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

That is logical because Oscar can't really go after 6 rounds. Isn't that the round he caught Nando? Good thing for Oscar!

30. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I agree. I think Floyd plays it safe and DLH tries to fight the first and last 30 seconds of every round.