Fantastic Fights of the Century (video)

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by admin, Apr 29, 2007.

1. admin

admin has left the building

2. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    when I said my technique was as good as people from the black and white era, I wasn't kidding.

And ive never been trained in my life, so that'll give u an idea of how pathetic these guys are

3. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Shut up kid! Come back when you grow pubic hair on your genitals.

Nice job Cupey!

4. jaws1216

Home Page:
  5. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    Old timers suck. I love idiots like Rubio who have never and will never see thse slow skilless guys fight and say how great it was back when. Joe Louis wouldn't be in the top 25 today. He'd be a tuneup for a 2007 version of Tua.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  6. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I would've loved to see you in the ring against carmen basilio and see you quit on the stool :lol:

7. jaws1216

Home Page:
    naw I'd fake a leg injury in the ringwalk:blobbox:

8. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

:clap:

Fake a thumb in the eye, take a knee and count to 10 with the ref

9. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

Works for Joe Calzaghe.

10. Orthodox Crusader

Orthodox Crusader "Twinkle Toes" McJack

He'd quit....in his own stool.

11. 3OG

3OG Leap-Amateur

My friend as a fighter in this day and age I don't want to insult you, but inform you. The guys from the "Black&White Era" had great skill and ring generalship. The abilty to control pace for sometimes over 20rounds and be active! The lost art of inside fighting! Six Oz gloves etc.! The Brown Bomber could contend today also. Joe Louis had power in both hands and could break a mans ribs w/ an one intch punch; also he's always in punching position with his legs stable and planted. Today he would only have problems with ALi type fighters. As I scan the HW top 10 there are no fighters like this; except maybe WLAD. I'm sure Joe would find his glass jaw sooner or later.......:cool:

12. admin

Thanks 30G, Please preach to clowns like Jaws who know nothing about boxing but has the gaul to declare these guys as limited bums. Geez.

13. jaws1216

Home Page:
    I'm not gonna talk crap to a professional boxer, but if you agree with statements like "As I scan the HW top 10 there are no fighters like this; except maybe WLAD. I'm sure Joe would find his glass jaw sooner or later"

When talking about Joe Louis then you are a clown. Louis was KD by several 175lbers, so to say Joe would find Wlad's chin is downright retarded. But what would I expect from a Mencia Lookalike who knows as much about boxing as the real Mencia knows about writing his own jokes

14. admin

Are we talking about the Wlad that was KO'd by a golfer and KO'd by Lamon Hit me with everything Brewster?

And what does being KD have to do with anything? anybody can get knockdown, who of those actually KO'd him???? Learn something about boxing before you post.

Cupey

15. jaws1216

Home Page:
    Joe Louis has been KD more times than any HW champion by far. If you're contending a chin is the ability to not get KO'd, then you are beyond help. You know who has a great chin? Marvin Hagler, Julio Cesar Chavez, Wayne McColough.

If you weigh over 200 lbs, and one punch from a 175lber puts you on your ass, you don't have a good chin. Is that so hard to understand?

16. CleanYourClock

CleanYourClock "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Are you on crack ??

Go watch the Louis /Walcott fight ...
    Just in that short clip they both showed more skill then I have seen a Heavyweight use in a long long time ....

Louis was over 6ft , 200/205 in his prime and went as high as 220 ...
    Today he would be 220 at a prime weight and would box circles around these slobs today before KO'ing them....
    Same with Walcott ....

17. CleanYourClock

Are you taking into consideration of the old style gloves ???
    Allot of guys would hit the canvas or hit the canvas more frequently if they were hit with those MMA/UFC style gloves ...

18. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Outside of old-ass Louis's retirement fight against Marciano he was KO'd once in 70 fights after a sustained beating. I don't think anybody ever claimed he had a Hagler chin but Louis set his feet and followed through on his punches. He was a very offensive fighter so every once in awhile he would get tagged and dropped on his ass. Then he'd get up and go back to business.

I hope you're not one of the fags who brag about Tyson having such a great chin even though he was never able to come back to win a fight after being dropped or hurt..............unlike Louis.

Oh, and please enlighten me on the improved techniques of todays Heavyweight over the Louis era Heavyweight besides being bigger, fatter and lazier. John Ruiz became a champion in this era for christ's sake. Is that due to the Revolutionary clutch, grab, hold and hump technique that yesterdays fighters weren't smart enough to master? :dunno:

May I remind you fat-ass James Toney who used to fight at 160 lbs. competes in todays Heavyweight division with his share of success.

19. jaws1216

Home Page:
    "though he was never able to come back to win a fight after being dropped or hurt..............unlike Louis"

spare me the bullshit.

All this debate is about is Joe Louis ability to take a punch. This isn't some horseshit navigation down memory lane, or some bullshit reminiscience of how great guys used to be. People who think olden days guys were better than modern fighters are FUCKING IDIOTS. there isn't an ounce of sense in saying fighters have gotten worse over time. NONE. These bullshit tangents old time nut lickers always bring up are insulting.

Joe Louis did not have a good chin. Joe Louis was dropped more than any HW champion in history. If you can argue with those facts,you are simply not intelligent. That is this entire debate.

Perhaps you and others who like to throw out tangents can "Rubio-search" Fallacies of logic.

20. CleanYourClock

Dropped with what kind of gloves .... Why the fuck do you ignor this FACT in the difference between the old gloves Vs. the new gloves ??

Also dropped , getting up and winning the fight is A HELL OF a difference from getting KTFO and losing the fight ...

21. jaws1216

Home Page:
    The FACT is that Joe Louis was KD more times than any HW champion. Jack Johnson, Jeffries, Marciano, Baer, Carnera, etc... who fought with these same gloves that you think are an issue, weren't dropped 20 something times.

And again if you want to throw tangents out, feel free to take some kind of logic class. Getting up and winning or losing a fight that you have been KD has nothing to do with chin. "Chin" is the ability to take a punch, and getting dropped is the only issue. Not what color ballsweat dripped down Louis' or any fighters drunks after the fights

22. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Asshole answer this question.

What fucking techniques do Heavyweights of today do better then heavyweights of Joe Louis's era?

All of a sudden this is only about Louis's chin. Nobody said he had a chin of granite ya' fuck-wit.

Apparently you are one of the assholes that think Tyson has a chin of steel since you got so fucking offended.

Is this all about size? What? What makes them better.......................spell it out for this "Fucking Idiot!"

I'm not talking about Bare-knuckle era boxing here. Boxing is fucking boxing. I'm not saying every boxer from the past would kick every boxer from the presents ass. I think the absolute best could hang in any era. Floyd would have done well in the 40's-50's and Robinson would have kicked ass in the present.

I'm not discounting present day boxers....................but you're the asshole who thinks boxing was invented when Roy Jones was born and anybody who fought before Color TV was a skilless piece of shit riding on the coat-tails of skilled Champions like Ricardo Mayorga and Shannon Briggs.

Oh.............and Rubio is a cunt, so fuck you! :flip:

23. CleanYourClock

WTF is your point then ? He had a bad chin ?

Bottom line is he got UP AND WON ... That is a win for him ....
    Saying he has a bad chin even though he WON the fights is pointless since his so called bad chin did not cost him the fight ...

You better go watch the short clip of Louis /Walcott in this thread ...
    If you think fighters like Ruiz , Fat Toney , Brewster , Byrd and other could beat them , you are sadly mistaken ...

I'm betting you didn't even watch Louis/Walcott ????

24. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

He fought far more often then any of these guys you dimwit. And Carnera was dropped like 11 times in one fight alone.

What the fuck kind of logic is that. Getting KD is the same as getting KO'd?

Getting dropped isn't the only issue. Recovery is much more important then whether or not you got caught off balance or with a good shot because of your aggresive offensive style.

Trinidad was very similar. Could get dropped and come back and kick your ass with ease anyway.

25. jaws1216

Home Page:
    Yes I think boxing was invented when RJJ was born. I also said anybody who fought before Color TV was a skillless piece of shit. I also definitely brought up Mike Tyson and Bareknuckle boxing. I also brought up improved techniques and Floyd Mayweather.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

26. jaws1216

Home Page:
    Lets begin class.

My original objection was to the characterization of Wlad Klitschko having a glass chin, in the same breath as praising Joe Louis.

That's alot like saying, the Arizona cardinals are a great franchise, but the LA clippers suck.

I continued to assert a claim that Joe Louis did not have a good chin, based on evidence regarding how many times he had been dropped etc...

So lets let A be a fighter getting dropped more times than any other HW champion, and B be some fighter does not have a good chin.

My argument is simple: If A then B. Common sense and analysis suggest that this argument is sound.

So how do the logic buffs of fightbeat respond?

by introducing a new claim "getting up from a KD and winning a fight" we can call it C.

This fallacious argument goes something like, If C then not B. Or at the very least, If C then my argument is unsound. However, the ability to recover from a KD has nothing at all to do with one's propensity for avoiding being KD in the first place. This is in fact an example of the Red Herring fallacy. Where a completely unrelated conclusion is drawn from evidence.

Joe Louis did not have a good chin. You can not bash Klitschko's ability to take a punch in response to such a claim.

27. jaws1216

Home Page:
    YES MY POINT IS THAT HE HAD A BAD CHIN.

Your response to that is that "Bottom line is he got UP AND WON ... That is a win for him"

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

seriously guys

28. CleanYourClock

I thought you were bashing old time fighters as a whole and using Louis as some sort of example ....
    Did I miss something here ? :dunno:

29. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

This is your first quote in the thread.

Are you telling me all this is about 30G making a crack about Klitschko?

30. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    That's what I got out of it. :dunno: