Fedor is out! Wanderlei Silva is in!

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Hanzy, May 19, 2006.

1. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Dream Stage Entertainment has announced on its Japanese web site that Fedor Emelianenko has been forced to withdraw from the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix, and his replacement will be none other than "The Axe Murderer," Wanderlei Silva.

Dream Stage had hoped that Fedor would be ready to fight in time for the second round of the Grand Prix when it takes place on July 1st, but the surgery to repair Fedor's severely damaged hand has a very long recovery process. Fedor's doctor stated that the metal plate in Fedor's hand would not be ready to be surgically removed until June at the earliest, which would make it impossible for Fedor to fight on July 1st.

Pride Middleweight Champion Wanderlei Silva will now get the first-round bye that was originally given to Fedor as the Heavyweight Champion, and will complete what is arguably the best "final eight" in any tournament in the history of MMA. The eight quarter-finalists are Wanderlei Silva, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mirko Cro Cop, Mark Hunt, Hidehiko Yoshida, Josh Barnett, Kazuyuki Fujita, and Fabricio Werdum. The quarter-final match-ups will be announced in the coming weeks.

2. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

fuck, at least they should have tryed to bring it Arslovsky

3. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    i think Dana is done with sending his guys over there....Chuck DESPERATELY wanted to go over and fight Wandy, and Dana was having NONE of that shit

4. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I tought his contract with the UFC was over. Now that pride seem serious abouy getting into the states, i don't think we will ever see those kind of thing again.

BTW Silva would butt rape him

5. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    probably....silva is too fast and explosive, but he could get tagged....it wont happen any time soon, so it doesnt matter

as far as Arlovski....UFC will re-up him i THINK, esp coming off of a loss....He would have gotten mega bank wth a knockout of Silvia in the second fight, but now he should be a little more affordable

6. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I wanna see Tim Sylvia AND Arlovski in the Pride tourny!

7. Breeze

Breeze WBC Champion

Good idea by Dana, Silva would have destroyed him.

Jackson almost killed him in the Pride GP lightheavy tourney.