Final Prediction: "The Golden Boy" Oscar De La Hoya vs. "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by ILLUMINATI, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I had a dream i was checking Boxrec.com...under DLH record and for the Mayweather fight it READ....W TKO/KO 3..and this was after watching how slooowww DLH looked compare to Mayweather in the fight Mayorga...my mind tell me Mayweather easy...9-3...my heart tell me dlh could/will land something big on pretty boy and he won't recover..

so that will be my prediction....OSCAR DE LA HOYA by TKO 3

:eek:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  2. IgiveUpImEricMoralesISuck

IgiveUpImEricMoralesISuck Leap-Amateur

Oscars not that slow, even on the little of training we saw. We saw Oscar is pretty fast

3. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

He look very slow in the Mayorga fight...compare to Mayweather fights vs. Bumdomir and Judah...

4. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

My position has also changed after watching the replay of the Mayorga bout..

Unfortunately Oscar gets taken to school and loses a lopsided 12 round decision.

Man I hope Oscar has more left than I think, but I just can't see him touching Mayweather consistently enough to do any serious damage.

5. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Against Mayorga he seem to be thinking to much, and as the rounds went by the punches got slower and the combination he finish Mayorga with was nothing special...arm punches..

6. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

Mayweather by decision. Oscar's too proud to quit.

7. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

8. Orthodox Crusader

Orthodox Crusader "Twinkle Toes" McJack

In a fight that means fuck all cos Oscars not a fighter anymore: Oscar KO 11:warning:

9. mexican wedding shirt

True enough. He'll still cain mayweather :cool:

If Floyd cried after an easy win against Gatti, I wonder what his reaction is going to be after getting stopped by Oscar.

10. ?H?L?QU?L?$

?H?L?QU?L?$ Leap-Amateur

Oscar de la Hoya MD.

11. Orthodox Crusader

But there are those who say he won't be Abel.

12. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

I have somewhat of a gut/logic conflict as well...

Logic dictates to me that Floyd will have no trouble in hitting Oscar (even Gatti managed to hit Oscar frequently) and would give De La Hoya HELL in terms of getting hit in return. Oscar's favourite and only dangerous punch is the left hook...and it's virtually impossible to land a flush left hook on Floyd.

De la Hoya is an orthodox fighter who stands 5'11", has fast hands...but not fast reflexes or legs anymore and has the tendency to slow down in the last half of the fight.

A prime version of this same De La Hoya and a very hard time with a slightly post prime Pernell Whitaker and in the view of many...lost that fight.

Pernell, at 147, at that stage...was no more elusive than Floyd, no faster, no bigger, shorter, less reach, less power. Oscar at that stage was faster, fitter, hungrier than he is now.

So logically, Floyd should beat Oscar on the outside and on the inside and win a clear unanimous decision.

Gut, however, says that Oscar's combination of jab, reach, height and power will give Floyd fits and cause Floyd to lose a decision (or possibly a TKO if Oscar manages to land the left hook FLUSH).

BUT...

I have learned from experience that LOGIC tends to win over GUT, at least in my case and so I'll stick with logic and predict a Floyd decision by scores of 116-112.

The Sly One has Spoken!! :warning:

13. Orthodox Crusader

DO YOU DARE TO DISAGREE??

:doh: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

14. mexican wedding shirt

:lol:

15. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

And alot of the time, GUT can win over LOGIC. It's happened many times. It can happen on May 5.:cool:

16. Octopus

Octopus Undisputed Champion

Floyd is gonna beat Oscar about as bad,if not worse than Calzaghe beat Lacy:doh:

This fight will be so one sided,it will be putting people to sleep by the 6th:eek:ld:

17. boxingnotboxers

boxingnotboxers WBC Champion

Fightbeat's Corrupt Ringside Physician
    Home Page:
    This is a fight that everyone loses.

Mayweather will win a clear decision, and still lose fans because he's a dick.

De La Hoya will lose the fight itself.

The fans will lose because this fight will be boring.

I'll end up losing sleep because I'll stay up to watch it on a long boring PPV.

My wife will lose her sanity trying to figure out why I said this fight was such a big deal in the first place.

And most importantly, I'll lose most of my pessimism about boxing if I'm wrong in the first place :lol:

18. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

OH THANK JESUS! When they asked Max his assessment for the fight, I was scared to death he was gonna pick Floyd. That would ruin EVERYTHING! But thank god he didnt give an actual prediction.

19. Octopus

Octopus Undisputed Champion

Seriously,the more closer this fight comes,the more I'm starting to debate if I'm even gonna still buy this with each passing day:eek:

That's how much faith I have in this entire fightcard being a bust!! Or should I say "Lemon":kick:

20. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Oscar De La Hoya: 4
    ILLUMINATI: De La Hoya by TKO 3
    mexican wedding shirt: De La Hoya by TKO 11
    Orthodox Crusader: De La Hoya by KO 11
    ÇHÃ￾LÃ…QUÃ￾L£$: De La Hoya by MD

Floyd Mayweather: 5
    Trplsec: Mayweather by UD
    Rubio MHS: Mayweather by Decision
    slystaff: Mayweather by UD
    Octopus: Mayweather by UD
    boxingnotboxers: Mayweather by UD

21. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

There's no reason Oscar shouldn't throw his left hook, there's also no reason for a suspiciously low output, significantly lower than it was against Mayorga, why?....because Fraud can't punch ofcourse, and Oscar won't be under pressure, there is no logical reason for him to be tense, especially in respect to the physical monsters he's been in the ring with, in this fight he's going forwards at all times.

If there is an absence of left hooks, and a below average work rate, then Fraud signs with Golden Boy Promotions soon afterwards the following week or month, it is the main 3 capitalist fundamentals that shall be linked to a possible fucking fix, and I, plus a few others, warned of the 'no lose' arrangement between Oscar, Fraud and HBO a long time ago. :nono:

If by the odd chance it is for real,...Fraud has nothing to keep Oscar off of him, I think 'Cotto-Malignaggi', only less competitive,...it's not as if Oscar isn't accurate, Fraud WILL get hit, and if the referee points out Fraud's elbows, forearms, palming and turning his back early in the fight,...it won't go 6 rounds..

22. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

I feel a bit like Sly but my logic and gut are united on this one.

I think Oscar has one very big atribute that showed against Vargas. he can show up big for a big fight. He has had plenty and up until he didn't care whether Hopkins had his way with him or not, I think he always rose to the occasion.

But you can't predict a fight based on this intangable and Floyd has everything else. Usually in boxing the other things are huge... things like punches, speed and technique. I predict Muse will be elated... sort of... Oscar wil charge often the first part of the fight and Floyd will Baldimore him about. Oscar stays on his feet and the pretty one wins a unanimous decision. The verdict will ring hollow, like the inevitable ending of SArtre's no exit... Everybody will be a victim...Floyd will get called on his end run and Oscar will be praised for probably doing less than Baldimore did. And tomorrow on fightbeat life will resume normally as people claim the that spaz Judah is a dangerous puncher.

Floyd UD in a stinker for the ages.

23. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    :clap: I can see this bullshit happening too. All this hype and advertising for DLH/Mayweather 2 :doh:

24. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard "Twinkle Toes" McJack

This will have all the excitement and drama of De La Hoya - Trinidad build-up, but that's all.

25. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

I watched Mosley-De la Hoya I with a few friends. We all agreed that Mosley clearly won the fight. I said, "I'll bet anyone here $____ that it's a split decision." Someone took it. Then I said, "I'll bet anyone here $____ that De la Hoya won't complain about the decision." Someone took it.

26. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:eeeek: WTF ,...please...:nono:

27. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    Good analysis, I am leary of this whole thing too. That's why I am not betting more than 50 on this fight. I think DLH will be more agressive if the fight is real because pitta pat isn't going to break an egg. Also I am worried about how that Hopkins fight turned out and if it was just a fluke or some consipiracy:dunno: Then there was the decision where Oscar got robbed with Mosley. Boxing is too crooked and strange things have happened with Oscar. I just hope it isn't a punch and run fest where Floyd wins by bitch decision...I would rather see a draw than that...

28. IgiveUpImEricMoralesISuck

IgiveUpImEricMoralesISuck Leap-Amateur

you smell like :shit:

29. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:cheer: Floyd UD :tease:

30. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

Oscar TKO 6

:blobbox: