Final Predictions: Margarito vs. Williams, Gatti vs. Gomez, Cintron vs. Matthysee

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by ILLUMINATI, Jul 10, 2007.

1. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Antonio Margarito vs. Paul Williams
    Arturo Gatti vs. Alfonso Gomez
    Kermit Cintron vs. Matthysse

Margarita by TKO 7
    Gatti by TKO 8
    Cintron by KO 6

2. StingerKarl

StingerKarl Ace Degenerate

I agree with your latter two.
    Williams TKO's "Looping Tony" in 8.

3. HOMICIDE

HOMICIDE J-E-T-S

Home Page:
    MARGARITO UN. DEC. WILLIAMS
    GOMEZ TKO 9TH GATTI
    CINTRON KO (DECAPITATION) 2ND MATTHYSSE

4. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    :lol:

how bout a sig bet on that?

5. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I don't see NOTHING from WIlliams that makes me think he can hang with Margarita...not that Tony Loops is any great thing or anything, but the guy can take a punch and goes to the body well....unless WILLIAMS can keep him off him with his jab....i don't see him surviving the full fight.

6. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

the Tijuana Tornado by TKO in 6
    Gomez UD
    Matthysse TKO 8

7. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Williams is the unproven commodity in this fight. I like what I've seen so far, but if we see the Margarito that walked through Cintron, then Williams may have bitten off more than he can chew..

However, Williams will present problems with his style, stance, height, reach and straight punching. If he can keep Margarito at distance, he could outpoint or possibly stop Antonio.

Officially I like Williams via UD.

8. Double L

Double L Book Reader

...goin with Mathysse. interesting. the guy can definitely take a punch, and apply pressure, and he hits hard too.

i was watching his fight with Williams again - it wasn't as one-sided as dumb-ass Max would have you believe (who gave Williams nearly every round).

if Mathysse can take Cintron's best shot (and we'll find out pretty quick if he can), i wouldn't rule out a Mathysse winner either.

9. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

Matthysse is undefeated against the orthodox fighters, his only loss was against the workhorse southpaw Williams
    Even at that Walter almost folded Paul on several occasions with some nasty body hooks

Actually I'm gonna change one of my pics, Gatti-Gomez I call a draw if it's for 10 rounds

10. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    I agree about it not being as 1 sided as Max was saying. In fact I thought Mathysse won 2 out of the first 4 rounds but then faded as the fight went along. As for Mathysse being able to take a punch I don't know how proven that is. Williams really isn't a big puncher IMO.

11. TysonFan4Ever

TysonFan4Ever Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    Williams Ko Margarito 6
    Gatti UD
    Cintron KO 4

12. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Williams w12, but I really would rather Margarito win.
    Gatti wdec.
    Cintron KO4. He's due for an impressive performance.

13. Antwuan Maxx

Antwuan Maxx WBC Champion

After rewatching a few Williams and Margarito fights recently, I'm changing my pick from Margarito UD to Williams UD. I think the difference in handspeed is gonna play a huge factor in this fight. I see Williams easily beating Marg to the punch, though taking some punishment in the process, and racking up points (115-113/116-112ish) in a war. Cintron stops Matthysse in 6, and Gatti KO's Gomez in 4.

14. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes;

Williams by UD
    Gatti by TKO 8
    Cintron by KO 8
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

15. paboxing123

paboxing123 Scrub

boxing
    Williams UD
    Gatti TKO 10
    Cintron TKO 4

16. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I can't believe Paul Williams reach of 82 fucken inches?..He has a reach advantage over most heavyweights :rolleyes: , I didn't know rigorous funneling made your bones grow, or better yet, he should not be at welterweight, and Margarito, has to be given credit for grabbing this gigantic trap-door based, ambusher by the fangs, and beating the web out of his belly. I think Antonio will have to hurt him, and discourage him if Williams chooses to scutter, he might very well "spinks" Margarito's belt, Margarito is not technicaly brilliant, and his defence is appauling, but he has raw natural attributes, and shoulder sockets of iron that can overwelm genuinely skillful opponents,.. but,...I don't think he can utilise his weapons efficiently on an opponent who runs with the referee's blessing.

If Paul Williams does indeed "Box" in the name of running, :rolleyes: ..he'll steal a decision.

:crafty: BUT, if he wants to fight, Toney will nibble the string-beans off his bones. "I aint backin down sir, I outslugged Margarito in a sparring session sir...I never fell off the water spout sir",..:crafty: ..good boy, that's the sprit, we'll find out if you are indeed an honourable creature of your word,........or a money snatching, belt stealing sociopathic cunt like Fraud Mayweather, who pisses in the faces of boxing fans, and takes a whopping great shit on the sport as we all know.

Margarito KO 8 (one leg at a time)...

Gatti - Gomez :rolleyes: Pffffttt...

Cintron KO 4,..:rolleyes: paper belt holder against a paper belt opponent, neither can call themselves the champion or the number one contender, with Margarito - Williams occuring simultaneously.

17. Double L

Double L Book Reader

i hope you're wrong. but don't forget - Williams never fought much as an amateur, so the notion of "boxing," for him, thankfully, may be unheard of.

also, i wouldn't under-estimate Margarito's ability to cope with a defensive opponent. Margarito's kind of relentless work-rate and persistent pain is exactly the recipe for dealing with would-be stinkers (hence PBF's refusal to face him).

18. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Shut up KaukipRrr....:slap: Paul Williams is nothing more than an unproven prospect...82" reach so what he doesn't use it to his advantage!! The guy is clumsy, is a sucker for right hands...He will give Margarito toooo many chances to land something...

19. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Yeah, Paul Williams doesn't use his jab, he's almost strictly a power puncher.

20. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

He uses the jab but he is always coming forward with it, and loading up with his other punches. I have never seen him box and jab his way to a decision....he is always coming forward and throwing punches...then again i have ONLY seen a few of hes fighs.

21. Mitchell Kane

He doesn't really throw it to land it, though. He throws a high volume but IMO he sort of goes through the motions with it.

22. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

And thats why Margarito is going to bust him up.....Williams throws 100 of punches and will be infront of Margarito all fight long. UNLESS Margarita develops a China Chin over night it should be an easy fight for him. First few rounds will be difficult because of all the punching from Williams, but Margarita will get use to that and see them coming..

23. Double L

Double L Book Reader

i think what a lot of people over-look is that Mathysse was able to hurt Williams, never severely, but hurt nontheless, several times. my guess is Margarito will hurt Williams eventually, sooner or later, and probably win by TKO.

24. KaukipRrr

Once he takes a few swatting overhand rights and an uppercut, he'll use it alright,.. :crafty: he'll use all his legs too... he's usually twice the size of his opponents, that's why he fights like a "power puncher". But Margarito, although still 75% smaller, is 6 times tougher, and 3 times more powerful than anything Paul has ever privately spindled in his bobbins, and Margarito has slaughtered heavyweight imposters like Santos (Saved by desperate Puerto Rican officials) and Cintron before,.. so fighting reared up grizzly bears is nothing new to this lone hunter, he'll be looking to snip Paul's limbs off like a hornet and carry him vertically up a wall, but I think we'll see a brand new Paul Williams before that happens, I bet they're rehearsing for stink as we speak. "Long jab baby, move baby, move"...:crafty:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  25. Mitchell Kane

I recognized it, Matthysse hurt him several times, the problem was Matthysse looked like a crude banger and appeared arm-weary very rather early in the fight.

The fight was outdoors, maybe his fatigue had something to do with that...though to Williams' credit he didn't show many ill effects from it.

26. KaukipRrr

If nothing else Williams seems to be more accurate and disciplined, tighter with his shots, and throws alot of them, whereas Margarito is wreckless but effective, still Paul's strengths, and physical monstrosities, could potentially transform into stink, it's certainly vaunting, :doh: actually, it's inevitable that Margarito unveils the bitch, and Paul's arms grow longer, and longer, and longer, as he begins to move and jab and move and jab....touching Margarito's forehead with a fucking flagpost and sprinting simultaneously,...:doh: I dont like the sounds of that.

27. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Margarito TKO 11
    Gatti SD 10
    Cintron UD

28. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Antonio Margarito: 5
    ILLUMINATI: Margarita by TKO 7
    HOMICIDE: Margarito by UD
    Matchup_Analyzer: Margarito by TKO 6
    KaukipRrr: Margarito by KO 8
    Double L: Margarito by TKO 11

Paul Williams: 7
    StingerKarl: Williams by TKO 8
    Trplsec: Williams by UD
    TysonFan4Ever: Williams by KO 6
    mikE: Williams by Dec
    Antwuan Maxx: Williams by UD
    dsimon3387: Williams by UD
    paboxing123: Williams by UD

---------------||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||------------------------

Arturo Gatti: 8
    ILLUMINATI: Gatti by TKO 8
    StingerKarl: Gatti by TKO 8
    TysonFan4Ever: Gatti by UD
    mikE: GAtti by Dec
    Antwuan Maxx: Gatti by KO 4
    dsimon3387: Gatti by TKO 8
    paboxing123
    : Gatti by TKO 10
    Double L: Gatti by SD

Alfonso Gomez: 2
    HOMICIDE: Gomez by TKO 9
    Matchup_Analyzer: Gomez by UD

-------------------||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||-------------------

Kermit Cintron: 10
    ILLUMINATI: Cintron by KO 6
    StingerKarl: Cintron by KO 6
    HOMICIDE: Cintron by KO 2
    TysonFan4Ever: Cintron by KO 4
    mikE: Cintron by KO 4
    Antwuan Maxx: Cintron by KO 6
    dsimon3387: Cintron by KO 8
    paboxing123: Cintron by TKO 4
    KaukipRrr: Cintron by KO 4
    Double L: Cintron by UD

Matthysse: 1