Future champion in the making...

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Hanzy, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

There's a guy from another board who wants to fight in the UFC or Pride someday. Here's his post:

hi i am new here, just registered and wanted to see if you guys could help me with deciding the best type of training for me

OKay, about me, i'm 26, I have no real training in any type of martial arts. I do all of my own training through dvds i buy on ebay and rent on netflix but i'm getting better everyday and it definetely shows. i am learning and watching "hard powerful strikes" right now and it's done alot for my stand up game, my ground game has improved alot over the last few weeks. i have a long bed pillow that i use to work my submissions on (it feels kind of weird but none of my friends want to spar with me), so i'm not sure if i'm doing things right but it sure feels right though.

i have a unique style of fighting which i have named "illkillu". it's a combination of a krav-maga and kickboxing that i put together myself.

do you think this is an effective way of training or should i go join a dojo?

what do you think?

:jester: He learns to fight by watching DVDs he got from eBay and netflix, and he practices his submissions on his bed pillow. He's also developed his own style called "Illkillu".
    I told him to stick with what he's doing, it's a very effective way of training. I also recommended that he rent and study Bret Hart's wrestling DVDs, so he can work on mastering the sharpshooter. Who in the octagon will survive the sharpshooter? Nobody!!!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  2. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    :jester:

3. CleanYourClock

CleanYourClock "Twinkle Toes" McJack

You laugh but , this is the type of guy that would kick your ass ...:sportif3:

4. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I ain't messin with a guy who invented the art "Illkillu".:sulkoff:

5. Baron

Baron "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    The guy was joking too.