Gary Stark KO'd by Bum?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by admin, May 3, 2007.

1. admin

admin has left the building

That's the word at the moment. I'm trying to get confirmation

2. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

give it up for those NY prospects

3. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    Why shouldn't anybody from the stinkiest place on Earth stink. If this fighter is from NY he deserves it.

4. admin

5. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Hopefully this gets him a spot on the next Dibella BAD card.

6. pug

pug WBC Champion

Actually that may put him in the running as Jermain Taylor's next opponent :doh::lol:

7. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

He got KTFO alright

8. Arben

Arben "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I just got back. He dropped the guy in the 3rd, and as soon as he beat the mandatory 8 count, the round ended.

Stark looked good until the KO. He was getting hit alot, but he was really showcasing his power and some ringsiders were impressed as he was able to look better and better with accurate punches as the fight progressed.

Then ledesma came in with a weak jab and followed it up with an overhand right. The punch landed right on Stark's mout and he dropped hard. The arena was compeletely silent. His knee twisted a bit, but it wasn't bad. Gary was down and out for the count, but was conscious soon afterwards and got up about two minutes after that. Then he stormed out of the ring and went into the dressing room. Everyone that came out said he was in tears. All the local new yorkers stuck around to get some kind of word on how he was doing. He was fine and didn't have to go to the hospital.

Some people said it was KO of the year material. It sucks when it happens to the good ones.

9. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

Typical. A "prospect" gets knocked out before anyone's heard of him. This reminds me of that U.S. Olympian people compared to Meldrick Taylor who got knocked out in his fifth pro fight.

10. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Not sure what exactly he was a prospect of. He is a very average fighter. He looked far from impressive against a bum like Luis Bolano.

11. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

well, he IS a bum :dunno:

12. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    The guy was pretty fucking average as it was. That he got found out BEFORE making it onto national TV sets should be an event to rejoice, nothing more.

13. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

How can you not got to the hospital after getting knocked unconscious, it's a concussion for sure and a major one to boot, his management is pretty irresponsible to have let him do that.

14. 3OG

3OG Leap-Amateur

Man is DB the worst match-maker in history or these kids are str8 hype jobs????:stir:

15. Arben

3 doctors with him at the fights tonight. I guess they all decided that he was fine.

16. Arben

Dibella doesnt match the fights. Moretti and the other young guy whose name slips my mind do.

17. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    ^^^ correct. Lou just takes all of the credit.

But getting back to 3OG's suggestion - it's not the matchmakers' fault. They just don't have a lot to work with (Translation: hype jobs).

18. Arben

I don't think the hype is Dibella's fault. I mean, he is the promoter. Plus, upwards of 100 media members show up for broadway boxing events. Meanwhile, 2 hours away in Philadelphia, before they got a new publicist, 8 media members show up for club shows headlined by Eddie Chambers. The media makes the hype, the fighters just roll with it.

19. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Well...he's been televised about 50 times and imo, MSG is national. Along with the Shobox fight.

20. Jake

Home Page:
    Arben, I'm pretty sure you misread my entire post, so I'll start over.

I'm not blaming Lou for creating the hype. I was agreeing with you that he doesn't do the matchmaking, just that he readily takes the credit when shit goes right.

As far as hype - with that series, it's created by media members stampeding one another to be first in line to kiss Lou's ass (particularly DiBellaTalk.com). You can say the fighters roll with it. I say they get caught up in it, especially cats like Stark and Curtis Stevens, who simply aren't very good.

21. pug

pug WBC Champion

:lol:
    Funny, BTW-Glad to see you back :clap:

22. admin

well I think Stark proved that he's a gutsy talented guy when he lost to Oliver. Many people thought he won and he did a good job of neutralizing Oliver's speed.

I'm not one to make excuses, but Stark has been fucked up because of personal problems. I went to see him train and the only thing on his mind was the breakup with his girl. He couldn't really concentrate. All it takes is one lapse in concentration and it's lights out. I think that's what happened.

cupey

23. pug

pug WBC Champion

I also think that the lack of knockouts lately pissed him off and he traded more and just got caught.

Stark can fight a lil bit but like the old saying goes, if it aint broke dont fix it.

If you are not a power puncher dont go out and be someone else, stick with what you know, Stark didnt and he paid the price.
    He can come back though

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  24. Arben

Oh yeah. Definately. But what promoter doesn't take credit for stuff that he had no part in?

With my comment about the hype...I was just responding to other posts about it, not really yours.

I'm not even going to get into the ass kissers.

Yeah, now that I think of it, more fighters(plus fans and media) buy into the hype that's built for them than actually roll with it. Stark never really bought into his hype because....well...he never really had much. His goofball attitude was always there even before Damon Dash came along.

Going back to the fight, he didn't train 100% for it. You could tell from the way his body looked. Even still, at that point in the fight, even though he was still taking some punches that he normally wouldn't have, he was taking over and a round or two away from a knockout. He could come back, but only if he keeps his head on straight. That's a wait and see scenario. When does it air on SNY?

25. Jake

Home Page:
    I'll take your word for it. I feel bad for Stark. Even though I thought the Oliver fight could've went either way, it did seem to fuck with him a bit mentally, like he put too much emphasis on an undefeated record "they fucked with my money" and not taking comfort in the fact that so many people thought he was robbed.

If he was going through all of that other stuff you mentioned, and he didn't say anything to Lou, then it's on him, though it's still a shame.

If Lou knew and forced him to go through with the fight anyway, then shame on him for sacraficing his kid for the sake of preserving a main event.

Speaking of upsets, WTF happened to Ramos? Not that I didn't :lol: and :bears: when I heard the news, but damn, I didn't think he'd get exposed that quick into his DBE tour of duty.

26. Arben

I actually went out for a smoke during that fight and had someone else work that fight for me because I thought it would be a blowout. I guess I was right....sort of.

Here's a funny one. Apparently there was an issue with the boutsheets.

The house fighter was always in the red corner and always won. That's how it's always been. This time, though, the Ramos and Teron fights were switched. They put them both in the blue corner so that the fans won't think that they got screwed(:dunno:) out of their money. Sure enough, Ramos gets stopped, and in the first round of his fight, Teron looked to be on his way to losing as well.

My issue with that is...keep the house fighter in the red corner....but make the fights competitive!

27. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Haha. If this dude wasn't from NY, you'd be calling him the bum that he is. :lol:

28. admin

Teron looks terrible of late. Breland is ruining this kid.

29. Arben

It's not Teron. He's been matched terribly since day one. Breland has actually been the only good thing that has happened to him since he turned pro. He's just matched terribly and one or two good matchups will straighten him out quick.

30. admin

I disagree with you. His style at change and he's trying to make Teron fight like Breland, but Teron can't do it. Just look at his previous fights, he's gone right hand crazy. Breland is ruining this kid.

Cupey