I can't believe Nard...

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by His_Royness, May 20, 2007.

1. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

didn't tear Taylor a new asshole - must be the weight i think at LHW Hops would knock him out... :dunno:

2. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

It was his own fault. He could have won if he let his hands go.

3. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

He gave him too much respect, but he still beat him clearly in the rematch.

4. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

Morons like you know nothing about boxing. Watching from your sofa, it's easy to say that Hopkins should have let his hands go, but in the ring, it's a totally different situation.

5. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

So you don't think the fight was there for him to win if he let his hands go. Incedently i scored the first fight for Bernard. He didn't get the decision though because he didn't do anything for alot of the time.

6. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

Every time Hopkins threw a big shot - at least for the first 2/3 of the fight - Taylor would punch him right back. Getting hit makes it hard to punch as much as you want to. Look at how much trouble De la Hoya had with the jab against Mayweather. Oscar's trainer and the commentators were all bitching about Oscar should've been throwing more jabs, but he didn't, because Mayweather was countering those jabs with overhand rights, like he's always done.

7. uppercutz1

uppercutz1 Leap-Amateur

Taylor stinks but he's young and physcially strong....two factors that were a no-no for the aging Hopkins.

People keep saying that Hops is the ageless wonder and to some degree he is, but Bernard is clearly not the fighter he once was and you'll never see him fight someone with those aforementioned qualities again.

8. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Guys...

Winky Wright has a virtually impenetrable defense, a solid chin and a good right jab. It's very difficult to look good against him.

Taylor grossly underestimated the chin of Ouma and tried to KO him in 3 rounds and was virtually spent for the rest of the fight after his foolish wild and uncontrolled start. Still he won almost every round...gassed.

When a guy fights like Spinks...southpaw, fast, constantly moving, intent only to survive...it's very difficult to look good against him.

Let's see Taylor against Pavlik first before writing him off. I think he beats Pavlik.

"However"

I do believe now, that he'd lose to Calzaghe.

9. Orthodox Crusader

Orthodox Crusader "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Nonsense.

10. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes;

I agree. But I think the sum total of Taylor's reign make it very ugly. He has been manufactured and helped along with bad judging.

Yet still he may be too strong for Pavlik and yes Joe beats him like he did Lacy... maybe more brutally. Any decent fighter who can deal with Taylor's strength and size beats him brutally, whether they be puncher or boxer. Spinks took Taylor's best shots on the rare occasions they were delivered and Spinks is another smaller guy. Joe will take this fight now. Bet on it and I will be rooting for him.