I get to play proud Pop tonight ...

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by PetreTG, Dec 11, 2005.

1. PetreTG

PetreTG WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    And I must admit I'm proud as hell of my son who just finished his first wrestling tournament.

My son's 17 ... 6'1" , 230lbs in the heavy weight class.

He had 4 matches today. Finished them all off in a total of under 3:00 minutes.

Match 1 .... Pinned the kid in 21 seconds.

Match 2 .... Pinned the kid in 36 seconds.

Match 3 .... Pinned kid in 1:27 seconds .

Match 4 .... Pinned the kid in 33 seconds.

Each time he handed the kids the 1st defeat of the day ... My wife and I of course were cheering him on wildly along with all the kids from his school and other parents. Made me so proud. [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/drinkingbuddies.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="drinkingbuddies.gif" /] [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/drinkingbuddies.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="drinkingbuddies.gif" /] [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/drinkingbuddies.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="drinkingbuddies.gif" /]

He was the ONLY kid in the tourney to win all his matches by a pin out of a couple hundred kids. [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dancingguy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Calvin Brock:" border="0" alt="dancingguy.gif" /]

Gold medal and 1st place in the heavyweight class out of 4 seperate schools [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dancingguy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Calvin Brock:" border="0" alt="dancingguy.gif" /] [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dancingguy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Calvin Brock:" border="0" alt="dancingguy.gif" /] [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dancingguy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Calvin Brock:" border="0" alt="dancingguy.gif" /]

2. Free Ike (old)

Free Ike (old) Leap-Amateur

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  3. PetreTG

Home Page:
    [!--quoteo(post=835963:date=Dec 10 2005, 10:28 PM:name=Free Ike)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(Free Ike @ Dec 10 2005, 10:28 PM) [post=82634]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    Is he yours?
    [/quote]
    He's a chip off the old block Ike [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/drinkingbuddies.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="drinkingbuddies.gif" /]

4. Free Ike (old)

[!--quoteo(post=835965:date=Dec 10 2005, 06:28 PM:name=PetreTG)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(PetreTG @ Dec 10 2005, 06:28 PM) [post=82636]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    He's a chip off the old block Ike [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/drinkingbuddies.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="drinkingbuddies.gif" /]
    [/quote]
    so your mailman is a good wrestler?
    ________
    Velvettouch

5. PetreTG

Home Page:
    [!--quoteo(post=835967:date=Dec 10 2005, 10:30 PM:name=Free Ike)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(Free Ike @ Dec 10 2005, 10:30 PM) [post=82638]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    so your mailman is a good wrestler?
    [/quote]

Nice attempt at a funny there Ike ... but most people look at him and would swear he's my brother or that I shit him out he looks so much like me ..... [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/devilchilli.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":devilchilli:" border="0" alt="devilchilli.gif" /]

6. Free Ike (old)

[!--quoteo(post=835973:date=Dec 10 2005, 06:35 PM:name=PetreTG)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(PetreTG @ Dec 10 2005, 06:35 PM) [post=82644]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    Nice attempt at a funny there Ike ... but most people look at him and would swear he's my brother or that I shit him out he looks so much like me ..... [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/devilchilli.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":devilchilli:" border="0" alt="devilchilli.gif" /]
    [/quote]
    So he is your brother's kid? That isn't really cheating.

J/K congrats. I am glad you can live vicariously through somebody. It is good when the weather is as shitty as it is in the Lakes region. You're welcome for the funny, Petey. This thread had the touch of death or in Latin Stevus-Brownicus writtn all over it.
    ________
    NastyMan live

7. PetreTG

Home Page:
    [!--quoteo(post=835978:date=Dec 10 2005, 10:38 PM:name=Free Ike)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(Free Ike @ Dec 10 2005, 10:38 PM) [post=82649]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    So he is your brother's kid? That isn't really cheating.
    J/K congrats. I am glad you can live vicariously through somebody. It is good when the weather is as shitty as it is in the Lakes region. You're welcome for the funny, Petey. This thread had the touch of death or in Latin Stevus-Brownicus writtn all over it.
    [/quote]

I figured I left myself up for some wry attacks ... but honestly ... I'm so proud right now of ma boy that I don't really care [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/drinkingbuddies.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="drinkingbuddies.gif" /]

8. Mr. Blue

Mr. Blue Scrub

Home Page:
    [!--quoteo(post=835962:date=Dec 10 2005, 06:27 PM:name=PetreTG)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(PetreTG @ Dec 10 2005, 06:27 PM) [post=82633]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    And I must admit I'm proud as hell of my son who just finished his first wrestling tournament.

Each time he handed the kids the 1st defeat of the day ... My wife and I of course were cheering him on wildly along with all the kids from his school and other parents. Made me so proud. [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/drinkingbuddies.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="drinkingbuddies.gif" /] [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/drinkingbuddies.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="drinkingbuddies.gif" /] [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/drinkingbuddies.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="drinkingbuddies.gif" /]

He was the ONLY kid in the tourney to win all his matches by a pin out of a couple hundred kids. [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dancingguy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Calvin Brock:" border="0" alt="dancingguy.gif" /]

Gold medal and 1st place in the heavyweight class out of 4 seperate schools [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dancingguy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Calvin Brock:" border="0" alt="dancingguy.gif" /] [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dancingguy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Calvin Brock:" border="0" alt="dancingguy.gif" /] [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dancingguy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Calvin Brock:" border="0" alt="dancingguy.gif" /]
    [/quote]

Yeah, that's all well and good. But does he have the fastest reflexes in his high school?

9. Black Market Baby

Black Market Baby International Degenerate

[a href="http://home.snafu.de/mitch/ghome.shtml" target="_blank"]wrestling[/a]

10. NeighborMike

NeighborMike Senior Member

Home Page:
    very cool dude, wrestling is a great sport

11. Mr Roboto

Mr Roboto Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    [img src="http://www.slim-fast.com/shared/images/navigation/NavHome_Logo.jpg" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]

12. PetreTG

Home Page:
    [!--quoteo(post=836026:date=Dec 10 2005, 11:49 PM:name=mike_dave)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(mike_dave @ Dec 10 2005, 11:49 PM) [post=82697]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    very cool dude, wrestling is a great sport
    [/quote]

Thanks Mike ... Great sport indeed . He's been hitting the gym with a few of his friends for the last year at 5 am every morning , and it's really paid off for him. It's just made me real proud to see the work ethic I've pounded into his head pay off for him.

The last kid he wrestled had 3 pins as well. He sat down within ear shot of my wife and I and he was talking some shit about how he was gonna get my son easy to a team mate. Made the win that much sweeter [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dancingguy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Calvin Brock:" border="0" alt="dancingguy.gif" /]

13. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    [!--quoteo(post=835973:date=Dec 11 2005, 06:35 AM:name=PetreTG)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(PetreTG @ Dec 11 2005, 06:35 AM) [post=82644]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    [/quote]
    Isnt your wife black? Thats a terrible thing to say Petre

14. PetreTG

Home Page:
    [!--quoteo(post=836046:date=Dec 11 2005, 12:32 AM:name=Mr Roboto)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(Mr Roboto @ Dec 11 2005, 12:32 AM) [post=82717]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    [img src="http://www.slim-fast.com/shared/images/navigation/NavHome_Logo.jpg" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /]
    [/quote]

Yeah some of the kids wrestling definately need it . The third kid he wrestled weighed in at almost 300lbs ... what they didn't know is the coach has my kid practicing with a kid in the school that weighs 418lbs [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/yikes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":yikes:" border="0" alt="yikes.gif" /] who he pins regularly in practice. He tells me the hardest thing about beating him is getting his arms around him to pull him over for the pins. [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/jester.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="jester.gif" /]

My son on the other hand is not fat at all unless you consider 6'1" 230lbs with a 34inch waist fat. [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dunce.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":dunce:" border="0" alt="dunce.gif" /]

15. Andrew

Andrew "Twinkle Toes" McJack

[!--quoteo(post=835962:date=Dec 11 2005, 01:27 PM:name=PetreTG)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(PetreTG @ Dec 11 2005, 01:27 PM) [post=82633]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]

[/quote]

Took him longer than a minute? What a pussy...and you call him a wrestler.

Just kidding, congrats. Sounds like he did very well.

16. PetreTG

Home Page:
    [!--quoteo(post=836366:date=Dec 11 2005, 10:22 AM:name=Andrew)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(Andrew @ Dec 11 2005, 10:22 AM) [post=83037]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    Took him longer than a minute? What a pussy...and you call him a wrestler.
    Just kidding, congrats. Sounds like he did very well.
    [/quote]

[img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/jester.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="jester.gif" /] ... Kid was really big , had about 70 lbs on him. He almost pinned him immediately , but the kid managed to muscle his way out of the first attempted pin [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/yikes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":yikes:" border="0" alt="yikes.gif" /]

17. PetreTG

Home Page:
    Actually ... this topic belongs in MMA Forum.

Moved

18. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I am sure that the other kids he faced were 5' 7" tall and 198 lbs. [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/theyareontome.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:ntome:" border="0" alt="theyareontome.gif" /]

19. GeeNOMoney

GeeNOMoney Im Banned

Home Page:
    congrats man
    great achievement

lol @ the Q if he has the fastest reflexes in high skool though lol hahaha

20. PetreTG

Home Page:
    [!--quoteo(post=836682:date=Dec 12 2005, 12:46 AM:name=panchyprsss)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(panchyprsss @ Dec 12 2005, 12:46 AM) [post=83347]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    I am sure that the other kids he faced were 5' 7" tall and 198 lbs. [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/theyareontome.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:ntome:" border="0" alt="theyareontome.gif" /]
    [/quote]

Actually he was only taller than the first kid he faced. They make some big boys up here in cheeseville USA.

21. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

[!--quoteo(post=835962:date=Dec 10 2005, 09:27 PM:name=PetreTG)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(PetreTG @ Dec 10 2005, 09:27 PM) [post=82633]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]

[/quote]

[img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/2.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="2.gif" /] Very good. So what's his future ambition? Is he looking to become a WWE Superstar? If so, send his photograph to Vince McMahon. McMahon seems to like young cats with good wrestling backgrounds. Unfortunately, your son needs to have some good solid acting skills and overall, some charisma if he's hoping to one day become WWE Heavyweight Champion.

22. PetreTG

Home Page:
    He just had a single match last night in a small meet .....

Pinned the kid in 28 seconds [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dancingguy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Calvin Brock:" border="0" alt="dancingguy.gif" /]

So far he's the only kid on the team to win all his matches via a pin. [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dancingguy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":Calvin Brock:" border="0" alt="dancingguy.gif" /]

This weekend he hads another tourney ... starts at 8am and ends "around" 9pm. He'll have 5 matches this weekend. [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/box.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":box:" border="0" alt="box.gif" /]

23. TraZ

TraZ WBC Champion

Home Page:
    wrestling isnt mma

who told you such things

24. Bandog

Bandog Scrub

Home Page:
    [!--quoteo(post=836373:date=Dec 11 2005, 10:02 AM:name=PetreTG)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE(PetreTG @ Dec 11 2005, 10:02 AM) [post=83044]Quoted post[/post][/div][div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]
    [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/jester.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="jester.gif" /] ... Kid was really big , had about 70 lbs on him. He almost pinned him immediately , but the kid managed to muscle his way out of the first attempted pin [img src="style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/yikes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":yikes:" border="0" alt="yikes.gif" /]
    [/quote]

Really???

The H.S. weight limit is 275, nice try though...........

25. PetreTG

Home Page:
    According to whom ? Not sure what your problem is , but half the Varsity wrestling team at my sons school tops 275 .

Like I said ... around these parts , they make 'em big. The kid my son practices with is as big as Butterbean.

26. NeighborMike

Home Page:
    Unless he is doing open wrestling, the highschool wrestling limit is 275

27. PetreTG

Home Page:
    All I can say is that would be news to me ... My son is in the heavyweight class at 230lbs.

But the kid he wrested ... he told me was "about 300lbs" and there were a LOT of kids as big or bigger. His wrestling partner I know is not allowed to wrestle cause he's UBER FAT and WELL over 300lbs.

He's not wrestling open cause he keeps medaling. He's in the heavyweight class. Maybe the 300lbs was an exaggeration. I was just going by what my kid told me. BUT the kid sure looked that heavy. :eek:

28. NeighborMike

Home Page:
    Yeah ive seen quite a few lards in my day

we had a kid who wayed 340, who wanted to wrestler but never could becuase he could not cut the weight

29. PetreTG

Home Page:
    True ... but most of these kids look like big pro football lineman (And most DO play on the line in the school football team)

The one kid they make my son wrestle though is just uberfat.