I want a motherfucking 6pack by August 1, 2011 and I will have one!

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by BOSS, Jul 10, 2011.

1. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I will have one you watch! There is no other way.

2. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

:bears: Gonna have to make a ton of sacrifices on the kitchen table but eat right, train hard and you'll get it. Limit the beers, try not to eat so close to bedtime, keep a good diet plan and make sure to eat the proper foods, I think small meals spread out throughout a day, replace all drinks with water, etc. Do a lot of cardio.:kidcool:
    It's helped me a ton. Although quitting that sh*t job a while back also helped. I think it's true that crap jobs lead to the deterioration of overall health amongst people.

3. Ramonza Soliloquies

Ramonza Soliloquies "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Whats your plan of attack, BOSS?

4. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    i recommend newcastle

5. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    sixpacks are overrated, they make you look like a douchebag.

are you one of those guys who trains all year just so you can go show off at the beach in the summer time?

6. BOSS

BOSS TBD

No I show off 12 months a year !

7. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Well during the month of june especially right in the beginning of june i was almost right there but got injured and for the rest of the month did light cardio and almost no weights at all due to the injury so that set me back a bit.

Now I'm basically a week away from being back where I was at the beginning of June which means by August 1 I should get there .

I do an hour + of cardio at the gym plus do a lot of working lately during the day. For weights I do a whole body work out 2 times a week to maintain my strenght.

My biggest problem is and always was is the diet. Although I don't eat like a pig obviously I still feel I over eat considering the results I"m after. If I'm out of the house I won't buy and am not even tempted to buy fast food and etc but when I'm home I will visit the fridge way too often for my liking. Even though they're just small snacks I still could do without them. So to summarize the only thing that can hold me back from my anticipated August 1 results is my diet but I'm more determined now than ever so I'm pretty confident that I'll do just fine.! Thanks for asking!

8. BOSS

BOSS TBD

See the beer is one of the problems lol Summer and drinking just go together especially if you want to have a social life and another one is the eating close to bed time. I think my problem is I under eat during the day and come 12ish when I wanna sleep I can't cuz I'm hungry as fuck! Gotta eat better during the day!

9. BOSS

BOSS TBD

But all jokes aside no I'm no some gino douche bag who gets one and then shows it off to everyone. Not at all . I hate people like that. I wanna do this because it's a goal I've set for myself years back and to reach it will do wonders for my ego. Nothing like setting goals and reaching them!

10. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Cut out all starchy and sugary carbs. Lift weights. The end.

11. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

I don't think you have to cut them all out completely, Hut. Limit them definitely though.
    For ab training, there are different types of exercises. The plank is hard as hell. But I guess just keep working the abs and you'll get the results.

12. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Yup, I'm the same way. I think based on what I've read is that you should stop eating 5 hours before you sleep. So if you're going to bed at say 12am, try to finish your eating by 7pm. If you want to eat really heavy, then do so early in the day. And then try to eat less or smaller portions in the evening.

13. Neil

i simply wouldnt take advice from banzy on anything health, diet or fitness related.

14. Ramonza Soliloquies

Do sprints if you want abs.

15. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

I have better abs than I have in 5 years at least

16. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

You should. I've gone from 269 to 227 using nothing more than willpower and a basic plan of action including proper eating habits, cardio and weight training.

17. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Best way to get a six pack in double time:

• Limit liquid to water
    • Limit Carbs to Breakfast
    • Limit Dessert to Weekend
    • 200 crunches three times a week

Six pack in 1 month (assuming you're not obese at the start of this process)

18. Neil

i dont take advice from individuals in worse physical condition than myself

19. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

That's like Manny Pac not taking advice from Roach because Roach is old and decrepit. You admire the wisdom of an individual more than anything.

20. Ramonza Soliloquies

That's on the assumption the fat is gone from the girth first, though, & I think we'd all wager in Australia & America, that isn't the case for the everyman (by which I mean more men than not). Crunches, twists, jack-knives & the like are all excellent definition-promoters, but the groundwork needs to be laid in advance for your average adult male.

Find something you love, & do it until you cannot do it anymore, BOSS. You don't have to go & throw up every session, but don't let yourself finish a high-intensity work-out on your feet. You should fee every desire to collapse.

Sly's other recommendations are fantastic, but really, we should all be (generally, as in most days of the week) limiting liquid to water.

21. Neil

fred roach? you have about as much wisdom in the fitness department as fred flintstone.

22. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Says you! So what's your fitness regime, Niel? Yeah, you don't have one! Just as I thought.

23. Maverick

Maverick Undisputed Champion

Agreed

24. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Sound plan.

25. loadedgloves

loadedgloves "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Lots of "bro-science" in this thread, especially relating to carbohydrate consumption.

Here's how you get a six pack:

1. Cut calories. The overall macronutrient composition of the calories you cut or consume is really not that important. What's important is making sure you're in a caloric deficit, ie burning more calories than you're consuming.

The only reason you would ever want to cut carbs might be when your abs are ALREADY starting to show; then you cut carbs for 4 days or so, and gradually "carb up" for another 2 days following that. This will lean you out by shedding any excess water weight, and the carb load afterward will in turn make your muscles look fuller. (Note that this really only applies if you want to show off at the beach or a pool party, or something. No point in doing it otherwise.)

2. Work your ab muscles with *weighted* exercises. This will increase the size of your ab muscles, making it easier to attain visible separation.

26. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Ainoo Gaanch Lalai Salai-Noo! :popcorn:

27. loadedgloves

oh and also if you think you're gonna attain a six pack in 3 weeks, you're gonna be really disappointed come august 1, 2011

28. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    i was gonna say.

also, once you get them and really want to show them off. Dont drink water that whole day.

29. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    1) Macros DO matter. Quite allot. Different people will respond better to different things but getting sufficient PROTEIN and managing INSULIN are priorities 2 and 3 right behind calorie balance.

2) There's a reason most bodybuilders have always done high reps for abs, because contrary to the 'broscience' shouts, plain old regular science's recently demonstrated that fat gain is accelerated by blood flow to a given area. It's a weird thing but when the very best people in their field all do something and do it for decades, science usually catches up to agreeing with them. Weighted ab work's cool too, but if you're already squatting, deading and overhead pressing heavy, you could prob take it or leave it.

30. loadedgloves

Most Americans already get sufficient protein, unless you're a long distance runner or a pro bber you don't need more than 100g a day or so, max. Insulin management only applies to diabetics and people using GH. The whole glycemic index thing is poorly thought out junk science - how often do you consume simple carbs without any protein or fat accompanying it to begin with?

Regarding pro bodybuilders; first, pro BBers work their abs just like they would work any other muscle - with heavy weight, to induce hypertrophy. Now, having said that, a pro BBer's ab workout (or any workout, really) wouldn't really carry over to a normal person. A pro BBer could potentially just do crunches and roman chair work (for instance) and attain (or rather, retain) their abs, simply due to the fact that they weigh so much (for instance, Ronnie Coleman is 300 lbs in contest shape. But note that even he still does weighted ab work). To say nothing of the steroids, GH, insulin, and other compounds they put into themselves regularly.

For the rest of us, there's nothing special about the abdominal muscles that should cause them to be treated differently than any other muscle.

Technically, you don't HAVE to isolate your abs at all to gain a sixpack. You just need to be very lean, and you will have a noticeable sixpack. But if you want it to be more prominent and/or have an easier time attaining it, it will help to make them bigger. You can do this to a minor extent with high reps and low weights, just like you can build any muscle to some extent with high reps and low weight. But you can do it much more effectively and much more easily by using heavier weight. In terms of hypertrophy, there'll obviously be diminishing returns beyond a certain weight, but your strength will still increase.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011