Is Amanda Nunes really deserving of GOAT Status?

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by lb 4 lb, Jan 5, 2022.

1. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Yeah she’s been on a great run but she folded pretty easily against Pena. I think she’s an average skilled martial artist with limited boxing and has gotten by mostly by overpowering her opposition which is similar to the success Cyborg has had. Personally I think if the UFC is hell bent on giving GOAT status to a female that female should be Valentina Shevchenko who’s shown way more skill and technique in all aspects of MMA than Nunes has. Plus I felt Shevchenko won her second fight against Nunes even though she didn’t get the decision.

All champions lose at some point and I don’t want to be fair weather here, but Nunes gave up pretty easily in that fight and it wasn’t like Pena broke out some amazing technique or strategy when she was beating Nunes in stand up. I think Nunes just took her lightly and didn’t train hard which is something I doubt you’ll ever see from Shevchenko.

2. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Competition is much too weak in wmma for any of them to be in the goat discussion.

As for Nunes, she did looked absolutely terrible against pena, whos no world beater. Seems like shes a bit of a frontrunner

3. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Another UFC hype job.

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Greatest WOMAN'S MMAist, Absolutely...

Beat Rousey, Cyborg, Holm, Tate and Valentina...The WAY She Defeated Some of These Broads Can't Be Ignored...Moved Up and Stood Toe to Toe w/Cyborg, Head Kicked Holm into "Bolivian"...Wiped her Ass w/Rousey...

Granted, REED Wouldn't Place Nunes in a GOAT Convo w/a Bones Jones or GSP, for Instance, But there's NO Debate or Dispute on the Woman's Side of the Game...She's the GOAT...

REED:Dan1:

Joe King and Jesus of montreal like this.