Is Takanori Gomi always such a...

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Buddy Rydell, May 27, 2005.

1. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    It was obvious that he had fucked up the other guy pretty badly, but then he goes after the guy while the guy is out cold and two refs are holding him back, and he's STILL trying to kick the guy?

What a piece of shit! That has no place anywhere other than a streetfight or prison.

2. TraZ

TraZ WBC Champion

Home Page:
    hes a real piece of shit in my bag after that

makes him look like a real man after trying to hit a man after being knocked out

3. Tam-Tam

Tam-Tam Scrub

Home Page:
    And yet Mike Tyson and David Tua are applauded for it.

Interesting.

4. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    By whom, Tam-Tam? I certainly didn't.

5. TraZ

TraZ WBC Champion

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>And yet Mike Tyson and David Tua are applauded for it.

Interesting.
    <div align="right">[post=25546]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

by whom exactly?

6. Tam-Tam

Tam-Tam Scrub

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>by whom exactly?
    <div align="right">[post=25554]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]
    By the half a million or so people who pay for every one of Tysons PPV fights.

7. TraZ

TraZ WBC Champion

Home Page:
    i think someone has a crush on gomi......aww how cute

8. Tam-Tam

Tam-Tam Scrub

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i think someone has a crush on gomi......aww how cute
    <div align="right">[post=25561]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]
    Its not a crush. Its reciprocated, thank you very much.

9. ryuzaburo

ryuzaburo Guest

I saw this forum off of google and I just have to say this...

Have any of you ever foughta match under regulation in your life? The adrenaline gets you so pumped up so that all you can think about is your fight. It was kind of an out of the blue knock out anyways, If i was in Gomi-san's shoes, I wouldn't have stopped either. He was probably thinking it was just a knock down and not a knock out. Don't flame a proffesional fighter like that if ou don't know what you're talking about :lame:

Also, to the person that started this post, He didn't fuck him up that bad, Gomi had taken most of the damage in that fight, I'm wondering if you even watched the whole fight

10. TraZ

TraZ WBC Champion

Home Page:
    how many fighters do you know that do that? not fuckin many.

so gomi does it once,and its alright?

he coulda got fucking hurt and every professional fighter i know of has the power to not try and punch the shit outta a allready knocked out fighter....gomi is an idiot, plain and simple..thanks for the first post, now dont post here anymore,thank you.

11. ryuzaburo

ryuzaburo Guest

you're right, gomi does it once and it's alright, but if gomi does it again and again, then it isn't alright. With a full contact sport like MMA, injuries happen all the time believe it or not. I'm not saying what he did wasn't wrong, but one fuck up isn't enough to measure up a whole man. Think about your flame.

EDIT: oh, and sure, I'm new to this forum, so what, what does that have to do with anything? It has jack shit to do with it.

12. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Newbie, I box amateur, and I wouldn't cheapshot a KO victim regardless of how many legal punches he had landed on me, so don't give me that shit! I know EXACTLY what it feels like to be frustrated, but if a guy is already fucked, then I'm not gonna try and sit on him and give him more headshots in a ring, or try to kick him for that matter!

It's a sporting event with rules, so NO, it's not alright. By that rationale, it's ok for Gilbert Yvel to get frustrated and KO a ref if he only does it once. After all, Yvel is a competitive athlete with adrenaline. A KO victim is off-bounds in the ring ESPECIALLY when the ref is holding you back.

And it wasn't out of the blue. He was being held back by the ref and STILL trying to kick the guy in the head, so with all due respect, you can shove that flimsy excuse right up your ass!

When the ref is trying to hold you back and you are still trying to kick the guy after having been pulled off the guy, it's bullshit no matter how badly YOU try to justify it! ESPECIALLY since Gomi brought children to see him fight. Some respectable guy you're trying to defend there! :YeahRight:

13. ryuzaburo

ryuzaburo Guest

A boxer trying to judge a MMA? wow, that's funny, i never knew they were so alike. A newbie on this forum I am, but a newbie in life i am not.

14. Dpl198274

Dpl198274 Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>It was obvious that he had fucked up the other guy pretty badly, but then he goes after the guy while the guy is out cold and two refs are holding him back, and he's STILL trying to kick the guy?

What a piece of shit! That has no place anywhere other than a streetfight or prison.
    <div align="right">[post=25527]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]
    I dont think hes always like that.....

but on that note, what a fucking pair of shots he landed

15. Dpl198274

Dpl198274 Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I saw this forum off of google and I just have to say this...

Have any of you ever foughta match under regulation in your life? The adrenaline gets you so pumped up so that all you can think about is your fight. It was kind of an out of the blue knock out anyways, If i was in Gomi-san's shoes, I wouldn't have stopped either. He was probably thinking it was just a knock down and not a knock out. Don't flame a proffesional fighter like that if ou don't know what you're talking about :lame:

Also, to the person that started this post, He didn't fuck him up that bad, Gomi had taken most of the damage in that fight, I'm wondering if you even watched the whole fight
    <div align="right">[post=26466]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]
    fuck dude, its about being a proffesional......If you want someone to pound on you while you're out cold then why even have rules or a ref......what he did was totaly out of line and a disgusting act.....the whole reason he did it is because he felt humiliated by the fact that his opponent had been getting the better of him

That was some low shit

16. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>A boxer trying to judge a MMA? wow, that's funny, i never knew they were so alike. A newbie on this forum I am, but a newbie in life i am not.
    <div align="right">[post=26487]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

Do you have a disability? Do you really respect someone kicking and punching a downed opponent when the ref has already waved the fight off and is trying to hold the person back? At that point the fight was over and Gomi was still trying to injure a semi-conscious person when the person was out cold flat on his back with no way of defending himself.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that attacking a person, AFTER the fight is over, constitutes a crminal act. I guess you must think that James Butler is a hero for attacking Richard Grant after their fight was over also.

As for you not being a newbie in life, that remains to be seen, but you're trying to argue that Gomi was justified. That's just plain idiotic and though you may not be a newbie in life, you're a loser for trying to justify that crap!