Israel Vazquez vs Junior Jones @ 122

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Flo-Raiden, Sep 14, 2023.

1. Flo-Raiden

Flo-Raiden Undisputed Champion

Who wins this entertaining fight between El Magnifico and Poison? Does Vazquez find a way to overcome Jones' longer reach, boxing skills, and power to stop him or does Jones beat Vazquez in the same manner that he did against Barrera?

Fortunato likes this.
  2. Fortunato

Fortunato WBC Champion

Good scrap. I think Jones wins but it wouldn't be easy. Junior's boxing skills and reach would give Vazquez fits. Junior was a little too brave at times and I could see him letting Vazquez back in it. I think Vazquez gets busted up down the stretch and the ref stops it late.

3. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Still amazed that a guy as fragile as jones beat barrera twice. Id go with vasquez

4. Tin_Ribs

Tin_Ribs Shagger O'Toole's wind-dried puffin

I don't see that it should be that surprising, all things considered. He was a talented, dangerous fighter when on point and had attributes the likes of which Barrera sometimes struggled with more than most other excellent/ great fighters. Namely fast, aggressive, hard straight punching. Add in his rangyness on top, and him being a dangerous banana skin type wasn't really a shock. It didn't help that Jones himself was vulnerable to straight punches more than hooks when Barrera was a hooker all the way and lacked a top right hand. Unlike, say, Morales, who had an impressive straight punching arsenal at range and the type of chin to just walk through Jones 's shots.