Jorge Masvidal's career is in TATTERS

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Dog Jones, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  2. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

This is a bad loss for Masviedal, not only was the right hand super telegraphed and was beaten at his own game, he had "time to properly train" this time yet the outcome was way worse. I guess the Snoozeman nickname now has a new meaning though

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Like the 1st Fight, Masvidal was Out Striking Usman in Round 1...But He Got Put to Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep in the 2nd...

Wow!!!...

REED:eek:

4. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I tought Usman won the first round rather clearly

5. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

I used to like Masvidal but his bmf schtick was getting a bit tiresome. Kind or glad he got babtized and got a dose of his own medicine. A little humble pie is sometimes good for you. On the other hand Usman has really impressed me with his performances. The numbers dont like he is slowly becoming a great fighter. Top 5 welter of all time.

Oh btw what about Weidman injuring his leg the same way Silva did. You want to talk about Karma. Holy shit that was brutal.

Azazel likes this.
  6. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I don’t think Mas’s career is in tatters or that this was a bad loss. He got KO’d by a guy who is probably 1st in line for pound for pound best fighter in the sport. When you take into account the level of competition Usman has just steam rolled through and the adjustments, durability and focus that he consistently shows it’s no embarrassment that Mas lost to him.

Mas does need to look at this loss and work on his focus in the ring. He needs to take a page from Usman and remain focused and professional throughout the entirety of the fight. Mas is great at building up hype for fights but he should also think about talking less about what he’s going to do in the octagon and let his skills do the talking for him.

7. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

That was a NASTY KO...I guess that why boxer train their neck so it stays nice and steady like Masvidal did last night.....

Masdival BMF aura is SHATTERED...but his money $$ making career span might get going now....a bitch ass fake Trump supports will fight him now...... Maga vs Maga

8. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

If anyone career got derailed while it was getting started it was the Asian girl who got KO with a kick to the face....

9. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Yeah Zhang looked very poor. That was terrible defense and her chin is not very good it seems

10. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

I felt bad for Zhang. She looked devestated and in disbelief. Probably a lot of pressure from the communist regime to win this fight. Who knows what awaits her back home.

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER