Larry Holmes vs Lennox Lewis

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by puerto rock, Aug 14, 2023.

1. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Who wins?

2. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

If were talking about when the fight was in talks to happen in '93, Lewis would have landed a bunch of windmill right hands to grandpa Holmes and stop him in six rounds

3. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Holmes would give hell to lennox, but i think lennox big right hands scores him a kd or 2, and that he takes a close one

4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I can see an argument for either TBH. Lewis was more dominant, but Holmes' style would be problematic for Lewis. Gun to my head, I would have to go with the 97-00 Lewis to win, but prime Holmes is extremely live here.

Greynotsoold likes this.
  5. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

You know people that do the head to head thing where "if these guys fought 10 times it would be 10-0/9-1/8-2 and so on...". Lewis-Holmes is one of those ones for me where it's a 6-4 either way. I'd lean towards Lewis personally, but I don't really have an issue with anyone who has it the other way. Stylistically, it's a really tough fight for both.

Lewis had big problems with anybody who could jab with him. Bruno, Mercer, Klitschko etc. Here he would be facing the greatest heavyweight jab ever.