Michael Bisping

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Explosivo, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Explosivo

Explosivo Undisputed Champion

Michael Bisping is the real deal. Has all the offensive skills and tools, and if he shows that he can take the big lick on the kisser, I think that he is just about as deserving a contender as anyone in the division.

If anyone can beat Liddell in the UFC right now, I believe Bisping is the man to do it.

Great conditioning, good overall balance, very versatile, relentless and brutal.

If Chuck were to sign to fight the dude tomorrow, I would go with Bisping.

2. Tha Pitbull

Tha Pitbull Leap-Amateur

Yeah Bisping is very well rounded, I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Liddell and I'd give him a good chance to get the W.

3. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Besping is a fuckin grinder,this motherfucker doesn't stop

4. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Bisping is the shit!!!!:2: I hope he does well. Have to support our English boys!

5. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    Man, let the dude fight someone first....I agree he looks to have some serious potential, but lets see what he's got against someone with a pulse first.

Personally, I dont know if he'll be strong enough to beat some of the bigger 205ers

6. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:

Needs to work on his defense as well. I agree he isn't real big at 205 either. When I saw him standing next to Tito he looked a good bit smaller. I think the guy is a bit overhyped to be honest.

7. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    What hurts him at 205 is his size(to small,might get owned against big 205ers) but thats no big deal,If he can't cut it at 205 he'll move down and be the shit down there.The guy has well rounded skills that can't be overlooked.

8. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:

If it's possible for him to get down to 185, he should try.

9. FourHooks

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    agreed

10. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    I was surprised by the English turnout and to hear WC like cheers really added to the excitement,It was a big night for English MMA

11. THKS

THKS Scrub

He's been on top over in his country for some time now and has said he's heard that US MMA fighters are ahead of the fighters from his country in terms of all around skill level and because he's so competitive and the attitude he displayed on TUF 3 shows that he'll work hard to improve. He does look a bit small at 205 so we'll have to see what happens. I think the talk on him facing Chuck is premature at this point.

12. Explosivo

I don't see where you all get that Bisping looks small for a light heavy. He is 6'2" and weighs in around the limit, is well proportioned and obviously in fantastic physical shape.

13. Hanzy

Bisping has tremendous cardio doesn't he? Hey, a guy with fantastic cardio is not one to be taken lightly. He would have finished the Tito Ortiz who fought Griffin. What do you think?

14. Explosivo

I think that he may be the most well rounded fighter I've seen in that division in the UFC. And the great thing about him is, supreme confidence but not arrogant to the point that he takes anyone lightly. This guy would be a handful for anyone in the UFC, or in MMA period for that matter.

15. FourHooks

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    not like everyone in MMA isnt, but Bisping looks very "knockoutable" to me...not bashing, he was my fave on the show, but someone in the "HYPE MACHINE" needs to check the speed limit

16. Explosivo

Most anyone can be and has been stopped in MMA. The key is to stop your opponent before he stops you. Even if Bisping were to have a glass jaw, whoever fights him is going to have to go thruough HELL to expose it, and in the meantime, they better hope that their own chins can hold up to Bispings attack.

17. FourHooks

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    fairly certain thats the first thing i said in my post there my echo man:jester:

like i said, let this kid fight SOMEONE first....he hasnt beaten anyone worth mentioning....all this talk of him taking out Chuck is unwarranted as a motherfucker

18. Hanzy

That's a good post.:2:I see good points from both you and Hooks.

19. Explosivo

You didn't ask me WHY I thought he could beat Chuck. It is only unwarranted by those who don't think he could possibley stand a chance against Liddell.
    Not since Rampage Jackson, has Chuck has fought a guy as well rounded as Bisping seems to be. Bisping looks just as comfortable on his feet as he does on the ground, and looking for submissions or GNP.
    Liddell is used to fighting guys who look to only take him down before succumbing to his punching power. With the exception of Belfort, Chuck's fantastic takedown defense and incredible punching power have enabled him to make guys fight HIS game.
    At his age, with Bisping being a grinder, and also being one of the better light heavyweights ON HIS FEET as well....I would give him just as good as, if not better a chance to beat Liddell as anyone else, outside of Silva.

20. Explosivo

Thank you my brother. I never thought I would ever get into MMA as heavy as I am now, being that I have been a boxing fanatic for the past 30 years and scoffed at every other fight genre.

But with boxing being as political as it is sometimes....MMA is starting to take over as my primary interest.