MOD SECTION THREAD - Payton ... why did you move that thread?

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Dubblechin, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    I moved the TAA thread that Payton moved to Smack Talk back to TAA. I have no clue why you moved it Payton.

Nobody was badmouthing anyone until you MOVED the thread.

What was said in there that warranted moving it to SMACKTALK?

Dubblechin

2. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    Like I said in the response I just made in the thread, I was rushed for time, saw a few derogatory posts and (seeing as how there's a tradition of this happening in threads involving Esk and rjbsd) assumed that the entire thread had deteriorated to that, so I moved it.

I admit to not taking the time to read the whole thread first, and I moved it prematurely.

3. oooh jackie lad

oooh jackie lad Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    read it, they're all bickering like little girls.

I've warned them that if the bickering and constant name calling continues, I'm locking the thread.

4. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    Just for the record, however, I think that Moderators deserve enough respect from each other that you should at least PM them first and ask them why they did something as opposed to just turning around and undoing what they've done.

So, if I DID have a valid reason for moving a thread, how about next time asking me why I moved it before choosing to take it back to the place I moved it from.

I think that is fair.

5. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I'm glad this was brought up.

I hadn't been on here since I left work last night, so I'm not sure of the thread that Dubblechin is talking about. I do know that I got a PM from esk59 which, when pasted into Microsoft Word fills up about three pages. The nuts and bolts of it were that all of his and rj's threads seemed to get moved to SmackTalk lately rather than warning those who start up with the insults. I'm guessing this was one of the threads.

Some of the responses to rj in her Roy thread (like DC asking her how she doesn't know shit about boxing yet has posted on a boxing forum for years :D) actually weren't all that bad, but the first few were way off. In fact, I even warned Xplosive, because that reactionary response is uncalled for, especially in GD. I had initially locked the thread, but rj wanted it re-opened, so I did. I should have went with my first instinct.

Anyway, like Esk had said in his PM, when he flares up, he gets warned and/or banned (and to his credit, he's never contested it). when others go after him, instead of getting warned, they get the benefit of causing the thread to move to smack talk.

What I would like to see be done is more people being warned. PM them, post it on the board, whatever. I will personally back ANY mod in their warning of another poster. More often than not, said person usually winds up bitching to me anyway, at which point I am forced to recap why they were warned.

So, to summarize, let's try to get it to where people can start topics without fear of having their threads moved the moment it's started. Thanks.

6. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    BTW, nice to see that you responded to my post just as quickly as I responded to yours....

7. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    Once again, SORRY, I just checked this section this afternoon.

You really have been on the power trip since you attended the fight this weekend.

You need to chill out ...

Dubblechin

8. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    According to who, YOU?

Show me something else that proves I've been on a POWER TRIP.

Moving threads that don't belong? Sorry, I've been doing that BEFORE I went to the fight.

Warning people? Again, I've been doing that BEFORE I went to the fight.

Rjbsd asked me why i moved her thread, I explained it to her, she was cool with it. I'm curious as to why YOU'RE not, seeing as how it wasn't YOUR thread in the first place.

Outside of your own Boxing History forum, you have never taken any initiative at all in "moderating", yet now all of a sudden you're all over it?

Try again, Dubble.

9. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I'll put an end to this right now.

Payton, you're doing fine, but if you are going to move a thread, then read it in its entirity first. We already discussed this via PM, so no need to beat a dead horse.

Dubble has in fact done and still does plenty for this site, and in the past when asked to moderate, did do a fine job.

I have no problem with you two airing it out in here, where nobody else can see it. Just wanted to make sure the facts were straight first.

Continue... :D

10. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    Cool. :Calvin Brock:

11. oooh jackie lad

oooh jackie lad Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    i think jake, cupey, steve-dave, payton, dubble, buddy are all rubbish.

i own the world.

oh and i love ILLUMINATI :Frank-ILLUMINATI:

12. Hey, I only like to moderate the boxing forum.... not TAAA, because I don't follow it. But I clean the boxing forum when I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.