More sore than in 5 years!

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by LOK, Aug 24, 2011.

1. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

So I started training again, as in martial arts training.

I just totally under estimated how intense it is and I had forgotten how much I missed it!!

I know some of you guys think I make shit up but I tell the truth and will keep doing so

I have been in and out of martial arts training my whole life. When my first daughter was born (5years ago) I basically stopped training at the boxing gym and really martial arts as well. I moved to TX and I have kept in shape pretty well.

Pretty recently I signed up for a contest at work that rewarded the biggest exerciser, biggest weight loss and most inches lost, I didn't have tons to lose but I love to exercise so I figured that i could win

I did between 5-10 miles on my elliptical 6 days a week. I also did weekly jump rope workout, burpee workouts, as well as daily chin ups,pushups, sit-ups etc

So I signed up my daughter for a martial arts program and parents get to train free. I started going and I'm loving in!

My background and comfort is more boxing but I have done other things as well.

Ater a few workouts im hooked again! Great great workout!!

2. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    That's great, LOK. When my son is old enough, I'll be doing likewise with him. I'm currently jogging 5km per day to see what effect it has in the next 30 days.

3. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Buddy, we did a drill of Muay thai style push kicks on a kick shield back and forth across the studio several times and my legs are fricken KILLING me

4. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    I'm a bit jealous. It's been awhile for me. Keep it up, dude.