Narcos Mexico (Season 2) - Trailer/Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Anthony, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    One of the best shows out there is returning.

2. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Cool.....I didn't care for the season 1 or it was very boring or took forever to get going or maybe cause I started watching El Chapo(also on Netflix?) at the same time or maybe I wasn't in the mood at the time... ....but whatevr didn't hold my interest like the Escobar narcos...but seem like they are picking up the action and war between cartels...

3. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I'll have to rewatch Season 1..cause I don't recognize most of the faces on the trailer...other than the Y tu mama tambien guy....

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Zzzzzz...drugs....zzzzz...Colômbia....zzzzz...Mexico
    ...drugzzzzzzz....5 seasons of drugs-dealerz....zzzzzzzzz....wash, rinse, repeat.

:sleep2:

5. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Narcos Mexico SEASON 3 is up...:Jack:

5 episodes in...this season sucks....the show hit the wall big time....

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  6. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Boring final season...

7. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

Just an awful last season. Walt is a garbage character who achieves nothing in his entire run in this show. Then there are the hours wasted on the pointless cop character chasing down the missing girls. No idea what that storyline had to do with the rest of the show.

All in all it was a paper thin story padded with shit to fill a full season. Terrible. It looks like they are gearing up for Chapo as the next season. Needs a huge lift in form after this last one.

8. salaco

salaco Undisputed Champion

Apparently the creators have said that this season was the last. Fair to say that Narcos Mexico was a poor relative of the Colombian show. Miguel Gallardo from previous series was very dull, at least Amado Carillo Fuentes is a more charismatic protagonist. I presume there is a purpose to the Walt storyline, to keep a US angle, but its totally redundant and boring. I thought the missing girls storyline was OK, even if the ending was no surprise.

9. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

So not going to do the Chapo thing? Whole season was a complete waste of time then. I didn't mind the first couple seasons though not as good as the Escobar run. Probably should have ended with Gallardo going to prison.

10. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Yeah no more seasons, on Netflix there is a Chapo series that is pretty good...

I was hoping Season 3 would go down how Gallardo described to Walt in the final scene of season 2...with the different plazas eventually fighting each other...it kind of did but they spent most of the time on the Newspaper angle, the murdered girls, Tijuana high class teens wanna be gangsters, Walt and his nephew and ex sister in law, Amado and his cuban g/f, etc..

Government corruption is a big part of the true story but this time it was too messy. That general was working for Amado, but he also locked him in prison for months?

They completely forgot about the old man who almost outmaneuvered Gallardo is season 2. He and his plaza had a few scenes but not much...

Pacho Herrera and the colombians stole the scenes they were in...

Some of the better characters from earlier season are not back...Acosta(yes he died but he was good), Calderoni, El Azul get's killed off too soon, Palma weak bitch that he is disappears for most of the season, that one Tijuana hitter should had more air time...

11. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

Yeah I wanted to see more for the Tijuana crew in general. Maybe the other wannabe drug lord woman from the season before. It was surprising she didn't make an appearance when the TJ crew started having issues. I know it's very loosely based on real events but remove ALOT of the Walt and the cop searching for the girls and put her in to cause trouble and this would likely have been better.

12. salaco

salaco Undisputed Champion

Not a fan of Chapo series on Netflix, a more low brow version of Narcos, doesn't help that he's not a very interesting character, just a ruthless, cunning, and probably lucky guy with little else about him other than trafficking and having lots of kids