Need some help getting into shape.

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Hex-One, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Hex-One

Hex-One "Twinkle Toes" McJack

None of your business
    Ok I would like to lose 30 pounds Max and reach my goal by July 2008. I never had problems losing weight. I want to focus on getting toned. What are good exercise’s that I can do at home? I would love to wake up early and run but its getting to damn cold to take my 3 year old son outside.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I'm looking for some light exercise.<o:p></o:p>

2. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

eat less than you do now, and go running every morning

3. Irish98

Irish98 Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    Follow LOK's advice. If you can't get outside and run, maybe skip some rope. Basically, you need to sweat. If you're not sweating, it's not working.

4. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    If you wanna get toned you really need to do some resistence work, otherwise your likely to lose as much muscle as fat. If you don't wanna do weights then bodyweight exercises would probably be fine, just make sure you up the load somehow either through volume or by buying a weight vest.

As far as cardio goes what exercises you do isnae that important. Just chose something you enjoy. As long as you get your heart beat up and, again, you try to push yourself a little further every day. Jump rope, hitting the bag, high knee jumps, burpees, stationary bike all the above...anything you want. Bill Philips system is great, you do whatever cardio you want & subjectivly rate what intensity level your at based on your own fitness level (ie a slow jog or light jump rope work might be 5, sprinting or a minute of high knee jumps would be 10) and follow this protocall over 20 minutes:-

Minute // Intensity
    1 // 5
    2 // 6
    3 // 7
    4 // 8
    5 // 9
    6 // 6
    7 // 7
    8 // 8
    9 // 9
    10 // 6
    11 // 7
    12 // 8
    13 // 9
    14 // 6
    15 // 7
    16 // 8
    17 // 9
    18 // 10
    19 // 6
    20 // 6

In fact you could probably do your bodyweight exercises within this protocall and kill two birds with one stone.

Diet wise just try to eat at least 5 times a day, get lean protein and vegetables at every meal if possible and get around 11-13 calories per pound of bodyweight.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007