Oscar\Floyd Paydays

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by TFK, May 9, 2007.

1. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Does anyone know what the paydays were for the undercard fighters, both televised and non-televised, on the Mayweather\De La Hoya PPV?

I know UFC releases their numbers, so I assume boxing does too.

TFK

2. Mitchell Kane

Mitchell Kane WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Does the UFC give fighters a portion of the ppv money?

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

They EACH Received CONSIDERABLY MORE than ANY UFC Fighter EVER Willl...

EASILY...

25 Years from Now,the TOP UFC Fighter Probably Still WOULDN'T have Made NEARLY what DeLa-Floyd did on May 5th,2007...

REED:cool:

4. TFK

So you're telling me the undercard fighters made more then the top UFC fighters have made? Or are you just posting again without actually reading what it is you're replying to?

TFK

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED is Talking about the HEADLINERS of the PPV...

N YOUR UFC Loving LIFETIME,there WON'T B 2 Headliners who Make NEARLY as Much as Dela & Floyd did on May 5th,2007...Do YOU Disagree w/THAT???

1nce AGAIN,U're Starting 1 of your PATHETICALLY THINLY Veiled,"Boxing vs UFC" Threads,so REED is BREAKING YOUR Shit Down to the Bottom Line...

Why would ANYBODY Compare the TOP UFC Fighters Salary to an UNDERCARD Boxer's Salary,EXCEPT a Cat like YOU??...

Compare TOP UFC Fighters Salaries to that of TOP Boxers...That's THE Fairest Comparison POSSIBLE,Homey...

6. TFK

I don't know why you're talking about the top headliners, since that had nothing to do with the question. I want to know what the undercard fighters made.

Do I think in my lifetime that UFC fighters will make more then Oscar or Floyd did? I have no idea. I plan on living a long time, and don't claim to have the talent to look decades (many hopefully) into the future. But if you ask me what UFC fighters will be making 10-15-30 years from now, I have no way of knowing, and neither do you.

Personally, I hope they don't make Oscar\Floyd money, because paydays like that are part of what's killing boxing.

But back to the point, I'd just like to know what the undercard fighters were paid. This was the biggest PPV of the year, probably of the last few, so I'm hoping they were paid accordingly.

Oh, and I never made the comparison between the undercard fighters and UFC's top fighters, so I'm not sure where that came from.

TFK

7. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    the owner of ufc has a monopoly. if this continues then these guys will continue to get shafted on the pay.

8. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I predict they made 1.3 million ppv buys. Nowhere near Lewis/Tyson and just a bit short of DLH/Trinidad.

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

....& CONSEQUENTLY,FEWER Guys will Look @ UFC as a VIABLE Option...

10. TFK

I guess they'll have to look to Bodog, Elite XC, K1, King of the Cage, IFL or one of the many other MMA organizations.

TFK

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

They CAN,but they Still WON'T Find the Type of Paydays that ELITE Boxers Make on ONE Night vs. what ELITE MMA Guys Make on ONE Night...

ps. There Seems to Be ALOT of MMA Organizations/Leagues....How is that ANY DIFFERENT from the MULTITUDE of Sanctioning Bodies we have N Boxing???:dunno:

12. Baron

Baron "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Each sanctionning body is pretty much represented equally on TV (I'm talking about the major ones) but UFC and Pride seem to reach a way wider audience than smaller orgs like KOTC.

13. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Pretty big difference actually. Sanctioning bodies hold the titles and can try to force certain fights but boxers can tell them to fuck themselves.

Most if not all MMA organizations have fighters under contract. They don't just offer up trinket belts. The organization can more or less put any fight the fans want to see together. They don't have to deal with promoters, tv networks, salary negotiations and purse bids to stage a fight.

It is shittier for the fighters in that regard, but better for the fans.

14. TFK

Again, I don't know why you keep bringing up the 'elite' fighters, since that not the subject of this topic.

Does anyone have any paydays from recent boxing PPV's? How were the undercard fighters paid in PPV's from 2006? I'm curious as hell to know.

TFK

15. Mitchell Kane

Because in MMA they're basically the promoter and the sanctioning body.

16. Double L

Double L Book Reader

good example is Lidell/Jackson. i'm actually looking forward to this fight since Lidell lost to him in the past but is now heralded as being so great. if this were boxing, we'd have to wait for 5 years for this fight to get made, and even then it might never happen. especially when you consder Lidell is riding high right now and has a lot to lose if he is defeated.

17. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    I don't know, but Kassim Ouma said they offered him $50,000 to fight on the undercard and he rejected it.

Oscar probably pays the underage girls he fucks more than his fighters. :lol:

18. Fighter

Fighter Undisputed Champion

Randy "The Natural" Couture pay for his last PPV headliner : $250,000

PPV sales over 500,000, sold out arenas, something is very WRONG with that picture.

19. Mitchell Kane

I don't get the comparison since the first fight happened four years ago.

This is just like boxing, since Liddell is hot right now while Jackson is considered arguably past his best.

This is like when DLH fought Mosley in the rematch after Mosley lost twice to Forrest and the nc with Marquez and DLH'd already moved up to 154 and beat Vargas.

Frankly, almost everything about the UFC's current marketing set up was borrowed from the WWF and boxing.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  20. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

exactly, yet, people act like the UFC is godly and put loaded, quality card on PPV:rolleyes:

21. TFK

Fight for fight, UFC PPV's blow away boxing PPV's. You can't even argue that.

TFK

22. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Of course you can. What you state is purely subjective and independent to the particular viewer. No more.

23. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

YEAH but Jackson is a bit past his best/prime...and i think the ufc specifically got him to put him in the ring vs. liddell...so liddell can beat him.....nothing else..and in the ufc bosses might show that ufc is/was superior to PRIDE....:rolleyes: ...and don't bring up that ufc bosses purchased pride..that was after way after the signed Jackson.

24. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

You have to admit though. Boxing's last few significant PPVs from Mayweather/Baldomir to DLH/Mayweather weren't very good. The undercards are really really awful. I think the sport needs to do something about these little mexicans constantly polluting PPV undercards. Put their foot down and limit how many mexicans fight on ppvs.

25. Double L

Double L Book Reader

good point. please excuse my ignorance. i'm new to UFC. didn't realize their first fight had happened 4 years ago.

26. TFK

Anyone know where to fight payouts for older PPV events? I checked the Nevada State Athletic Commission's website, and while they have results, they don't have paydays.

TFK

27. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I've often wondered the same thing. I have no idea where to look.

28. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Yeah, I do agree. All I'm saying is that you can't state something like that as fact, because its all up to what you like. Me? I'm a fan of both sports, so I'm always going to appreciate a good MMA card.

But the way he put it, I could turn around and say that a "four hour addition of the news was way better than a recent boxing PPV, because it had more in it. You can't even argue that"....it'd be stupid too.

Fuck I hate sleeping in.

29. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

30. MassaCure

MassaCure Undisputed Champion

exactly