P. Williams vs. Floyd Mayweather..i know

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by ILLUMINATI, May 11, 2007.

1. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

it Won't happen...

but i'm thinking Williams might be Mayweather Kryptonite.....Mayweather Vernon Forrest...

southpaw..long jab...can stay outside use that jab..or get more aggressive...maybe...maybe...Mayweather will have to be more aggressive like he was against N'dou a few years ago.... :dunno:

2. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    absolutely not

3. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

let's see Wiliams get through margarito first.:lol:

4. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Okay...

but would u like to see a fight between them...? :popcorn:

5. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

has nothing to do with nothing...

6. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    it'd be ok, I'd mch ratehr see Floyd fight Taylor or Mosley (both of which are much more likely

7. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Mosley will be okay, Mayweather should take that fight for September. And face either the winner of Margarita vs. Williams OR Cotto in January or something.... Taylor has bigger and more challenging fight out there like Pavlik or Miranda...

8. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

Williams is as unproven as Cintron was before he faced Margarito. no point on guessing weather he can hang with Floyd. It's guaranteed to be a schooling

9. StingerKarl

StingerKarl Ace Degenerate

You may be right LK, but I like Williams here to beat Antonio.
    For what it's worth, I picked Kermit to KO Margarito.
    Karl

10. Double L

Double L Book Reader

with their work-rates and size, Margarito and Williams both would have real shots at beating PBF.

11. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

:nono:
    Guaranteed to be a schooling...like Jones vs. Tarver..?

12. Double L

Double L Book Reader

so what are you saying? why does it matter that you picked Cintron to beat Margarito?

13. StingerKarl

Come on, man.
    Nobody is taking Floyd.

14. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Thats what everyone said about Roy Jones...only difference is that Jones fans also said "Roy can beat them all, so why fight them?"..and Jones got away with fighting police officer, garbage man, etc ...Floyds fans still haven't start that...and Mayweather doesn't have the ROY JONES ultimate excuse(somewhat valid) that there was nobody around his weight division..Mayweather has plenty..

Cotto, Margarito, Williams, Mosley, Clottey, Cintron, Taylor....everyone but SPINKS...god.

15. StingerKarl

Ain't gonna happen.

16. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:crafty: But when Margarito disposes of his eight legged arse promptly, it'll be back to, "Fraud woulda knockt Margarita ou' cold" ...correct?..you've taken quite a liking to Paul Williams, even more so than I imagined:eeeek: , it'll be aaaalllll the more sweeter when Margarito milks the potent vagebond creeper of all his anti-bodies :crafty: enjoy it Illuminati, it was at one point, your most requested fight, your view was very clear on this, instead of making super-fights, boxers should honour thier mandatories at all times.

17. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Most fighters honor their mandatories in 2/3 months like Cotto did w/ Urkal. Allow himself enough time to train for his June 9 fight vs. Margarito, while Margarito kept holding out on taking his mandatory....for what 7/8 months...shitting on any plans to fight Cotto in June......

Mayweather/fraud will beat Margarito....just a bit faster, dumber version of Bumdomir...

18. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

He had a legitimate, proven hand injury, legitimate, in the same way him and his camp claimed they were not afraid of Paul Williams in the slightest, to which nobody including you for some reason, believed. It was in Margarito's best interests to fight Cotto for what we all forecasted, and his camp did at that time, a substantial amount of money, certainly a career high perce, only for it be de-railed by a swift low-ball technicality from Bob Arum who thought he might capitalise on the cornered 'begger who can't be a chooser' so to speak, his management obviously cried foul, and in responce to thier reasoning Bob Arum said and I quote "Go fight Paul Williams then" ...:crafty: I guess even he thought Margarito was scared, the silly tyrant arsehole. So in light of Goossen hyping his man up big-time alongside scores of NAGGING Fraud fans and winning the bid with a hefty perce, Margarito accepted the option made comfortabley available to him, (AND EVERYBODY CHEERED,..lol ...WTF :lol: ..from an outside perpsective, the superfight had been effectively cancelled and you Fraud fans embraced it, that is soooooo typical of how you idiots are fucking the sport up),...anyway, so then his management further ellaborated to Bob Arum, that they did what he told them to do, and in the best interest of Margarito's career, they wanted to see what's out there for him as a free agent, similar to what Hatton did to Warren.

Now your shonky made-up explanations that vary every month for why the Cotto fight never happenned, are just pure emotional lip-sauce, replacing evidence with segments of your own fictional reasons that amuse and appeal to you my dear. :crafty: ..I look forward to the next subtle change in regards to what you think "really happenned"..:lol: it just really feels nice to indulge in a fantasy doesn't it Illuminatti?..

19. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

:popcorn:When or If Margarito beats Williams...i don't want to hear him/or you saying everyone at 147 is avoiding him. COTTO wanted to fight in June, Margarito didn't for whatever reason he had...he didn't want to make a cool 1.5-2+ million..for a guy that has probably never made anywhere near that much...he can sure PASS on a fight.....maybe after Williams he can Rematch CLottey..

20. Pascals Wager

Pascals Wager Undisputed Champion

PBF should not retire. If he truly wants to prove himself great, he should fight those guys. If he does, & does well, he would have done all he can to stake his claim.

21. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

thats what i say....keep fighting, and fight the guys mention...then you can holla and bitch about being the greatest.

22. Double L

Double L Book Reader

PBF's whole retirement scam is so he can avoid manadatories and guys like Margarito, the same was SRL did. he will probably try to cherry pick million dollar PPVs the rest of his career.

23. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

If he does fight on and doesn’t fight ONE of guys he should fight I will be left with no other option but to join the FraudCott.

Oscar
    Cotto
    Hatton
    Shane
    Margo

24. IMDAZED

IMDAZED Undisputed Champion

Right...

Just two posts ago you alluded to Margarito ducking Williams for 7 months, now he's fighting Williams to duck Cotto. :dunno:

25. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    I've always felt that Paul Williams would be a nightmare for Floyd. Yeah Williams is flawed and all, gets hit more than he should, doesn't seem to have much power, but his style would be hell for Mayweather.

Tall rangy guy, pretty quick hands, terrific workrate.

26. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Williams hits pretty hard. When he's inside he's careful not to load up and that's how he's able to be so aggressive. But at distance the guy can definitely hit.

27. Father of Muzse

Father of Muzse Undisputed Champion

Floyd will fight the Easter Bunny before he fights Williams or Margarito.

28. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    :lol: :lol: He will win both and stinkout the joint for 15% of the money he made in his last fight. He won't do it.

29. Pascals Wager

Pascals Wager Undisputed Champion

:bears: :bears:
    That's it. For some reason, some seem to be quite anxious to call a fighter "great" as soon as they can grab any kind of flimsy justification.
    As a boxing fan, when I see a great talent like PBF, I want him to do all he can to be a great fighter.
    If a great talent does not do that, as a boxing fan, one should feel dissapointed IMO.
    As a boxing fan, I find the sport more entertaining when a guy makes "greatness" a priority.
    For me, as a boxing fan, I can appreciate, & recognise great talent, but particularly If you're going to call your self an all time great, you really should do all you can to prove it.
    PBF has yet to prove it, and is in the situation where he could do all he could to stake a compelling claim. If he retires now, for me, as a boxing fan, he wouldn't have.

30. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

:nono:NOT DUCKING...taking his time handling his mandatory. Cotto took care of Urkal in March....Margarito should've done the same, he didn't he took his time and lose the chance to face Cotto in June.