Povetkin vs. L?Heureux; vs. Barrett in June

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by ElTerriblee, May 9, 2007.

1. ElTerriblee

ElTerriblee "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Povetkin vs. L´Heureux; vs. Barrett in June

Povetkin to face L´Heureux!
    Unbeaten 2004 Olympic super heavyweight gold medalist Alexander Povetkin (11-0, 9 KOs) of Russia will face Canadian Patrice L´Heureux (20-3, 12 KOs) on the big May 26 Sauerland Event card in Bamberg featuring Arthur Abraham and Marco Huck in separate fights. The following month in Moscow, Povetkin is scheduled for the biggest fight of his career against former world title challenger Monte Barrett. "Already in the amateurs I've won everything there is to win," says the hard-punching 27-year-old. "Now I want that success in the pros." Povetkin is highly concentrated on becoming world champion, especially after the April 14 loss of countryman Nikolai Valuev. "I was incredibly sad that Nikolai Valuev lost his title against the Uzbek Ruslan Chagaev. I will avenge my stablemate and restore the honor of Russia." An Uzbek restaurant directly opposite the gym is a constant reminder. "One cannot begin the preparation early enough," said Povetkin.

One more fight after Barrett and he should be ready for the winner of Briggs/Ibragimov. They should find an opponent that will go some rounds, at least ten, better the full twelve.

2. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

Wow this dude is moving up pretty quick. If he beats these guys, he definately is worth looking at.

3. dymipepel

dymipepel Im Banned

Wow, the bum-fest continues.....

4. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Alexander Povetkin reminds me of Ike Ibeabuchi...

5. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

Bum fest?

6. dymipepel

dymipepel Im Banned

What would you call an Olympic champion fighting L´Heureux??
    I call it a bumfest....you might call it a stern challenge:notallthere:
    I remember times when Olympic champions took on the world champion in their very first pro fight.......And this Povetkin guy fights L´Heureux??? Freaking disgusting bumfest...

7. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

Yeah right, olympic champions taking on world champs in their first pro fight, that is just moronic. L'Heureux may not exactly be a world beater, but scheduling a 20-3 fighter for a 12th pro fight followed by a 31-5 former world challenger for a 13 th pro fight is far from a disgusting bumfest.

Go troll somewhere else.

8. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

Povetkin IMO is being moved rather quick

9. dymipepel

dymipepel Im Banned

Pete Redemacher, an Olympic champion had the balls to take on Floyd Patterson in his very first pro fight......If Povetkin doesn't have balls, that's ok, but let's not pretend that the guy is not being fed bum after bum after bum, with no end in sight.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  10. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

So thats what you come up with? One single Heavyweight champion who had a 15-7 record??? This isn't balls, BTW, its stupidity.

BTW, If you think that Povetkin is being fed more of a diet of bums at his stage than even a few heavyweight champions, you are an idiot.

11. dymipepel

dymipepel Im Banned

What does his final record have to do with the fact that, unlike Povetkin, he had the balls to go for the very best in his very first fight? :notallthere:
    Oh, right, he could've fought L'Hevreuxs of this world forever and ever, like that Povetkin guy intends to do for 4-5 more years....

12. Bob N Weave

Bob N Weave Guest

Are you a moron or something?? 4-5 years?? He is already ranked in the top 20-30 of all sanctioning bodies. He will have a shot at a major title within the next couple of years for sure.:notallthere:

13. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

L'bum is awful.

14. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Don't understand the hysterical commotion over Povetkin, I believe he's bound to bust, and I don't say that in an Illuminatti-Dympeople 'kill whitey' short-sighted kind've sense, I just think his defence is below par, his physique is soft and under-trained, his power is vastly overrated, he seems a bit cocky and careless in the ring which could be suggestive that he may believe in his own auror of invincibility coming out of the amatuer ranks, and If given the chance I hope 'the Uzbek' knocks the smart arse out for that snydish ethnic remark,.. who's he mimmicking with that attitude? ...American sportswriters?..James Toney?...:nono: up until this point the Russians had a reputation for individual pride demonstrated through thier mild manners, low ego's, and unsegregated responces to questions in relation to thier nationalities,..suddenly this moron pops up waving the flag and making statements like ''all the belts will be OURS''...when in reality,..it's not a team sport, and better off not being viewed as such.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  15. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    POvetkin reminds me of Axel Schultz.

16. Der Tiger

Der Tiger Leap-Amateur

Glad to see some ambition at least...he's not following the dimitrenko route...

17. Kaliber44

Kaliber44 Im Banned

and night reminds me of day....:notallthere:

18. dymipepel

dymipepel Im Banned

You mean, not in "I-like-to-suck-off any-asian looking dude, no matter whether he's a quitter like Abdula, Zoo or Chagaev" kind of way?

19. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:bears: That's some enthralling code-breaking Dympeople, I most wholesomely agree that Abdullaev and Chagaev look fresh out of the koi garden, if they sat infront of me, and I was offered 500k to guess which country they had come from, I'd be compelled to scream "CHINA!" within a split second. :bears: I have no idea how you exposed my racist inclinations but it may have had something to do with my staunch support for Margarito, Mosely and Jermaine Taylor,....:doh: being 'poles apart' was more or less asking for your detection.