Pride, UFC

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by the flagship, Aug 24, 2005.

1. the flagship

the flagship Scrub

I'm new to MMA, but I was wondering, are there any other big organizations besides these two?

I read K1 was starting a MMA division, to go along with their standup fights. Will this ever rival Pride?

I was just wondering, because I have never seen Pride, and I don't like UFC at all for a number of reasons.

2. TraZ

TraZ WBC Champion

Home Page:
    k-1 is technically more popular then pride in japan

but im not sure the numbers heros does? i know its not even close to pride, but maybe in the future im not sure? k-1 have the money to get big fights and fighters so its possible.

they have good fighters, but not to the extent of pride fighters now, so it will take heros a long while to get to evencome close them

3. GeeNOMoney

GeeNOMoney Im Banned

Home Page:
    KOTC ( king of the cage ) is doing nice but not nearly as big as the others mentioned

4. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    Here in my beloved Canada UCC/TKO is doing well nationally.

Shooto, Rings, WEC, Vale Tudo, ADCC....there's tons of combat sports to love!

5. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

There are a ton of small MMA organizations around the world. I've seen live events from Ring of Combat, Euphoria, and Reality Fights. I was able to see Josh Koshcheck before The Ultimate Fighter, Pete Sell before he went to UFC, and Eddie Alverez, who will be HUGE in MMA sooner rather than later.

Jeremy Horn and Yves Edwards both fought on the last Euphoria card, along with Ben Rothwell, who's from the Miletech camp and a hell of a nice guy.

If you're interested in MMA, it's all over the place these days.

TFK