Prime Chuck Norris vs Emelianenko Fedor

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Hanzy, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Chuck Norris is a legend, a former world karate champion. Fedor Emelianenko is one of the best fighters in the world and is the reigning Pride heavyweight champion.
    Who wins this fight, both at their peaks?

2. KauKipRr

KauKipRr Scrub

Home Page:
    When Pride began,.. Karate got EXPOSED.. regardless,.. Fedor wins in 7 to 8 seconds.

3. MotorCityCobra

MotorCityCobra Scrub

Lets not forget Fedor is a champion in Sambo...

He cant use half the shit he knows in mma, and if he could it would be over even quicker...

Fedor in between 5 seconds and a minute.

4. Crocodillo

Crocodillo Scrub

Home Page:
    im no expert on the martial arts...but dont you think some of the old timers in karate and other arts are perhaps superior to the guys we see today using the same arts..it would appear that karate would have become watered down over the years since its passed down?...i mean chuck norris was a student of Bruce Lee...you have to think that he aint the normal karate dude you would find out there

5. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>im no expert on the martial arts...but dont you think some of the old timers in karate and other arts are perhaps superior to the guys we see today using the same arts..it would appear that karate would have become watered down over the years since its passed down?...i mean chuck norris was a student of Bruce Lee...you have to think that he aint the normal karate dude you would find out there
    <div align="right">[post=31648]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

Chuck Norris was a well established Karate practioner and several time middleweight Karate champion before he went under Bruce. I don't think Bruce really did all that much for him because Chuck was already well set in his ways. They were just very good friends and I doubt Bruce actually TAUGHT him much. I believe it was Chuck Norris who taught Bruce how effective the high kick was. Prior to meeting Chuck, Bruce believe nobody should ever kick above the waist. Bruce then mastered his high kicks after seeing Chuck's demonstrations. And Chuck likewise was in awe of Brcue's physical skills.
    As for Bruce's philosophy and Jeet Kune Do style, he was still in a very preliminary stage, and nobody to this day has taken his art even half a step further since his death 32 years ago.
    Nowadays, karate is a dead art in the world of real fighting. Same as Kung Fu and Tae Kwon Do. They use it in movies still and teach them in schools since it's good for youngsters. But those arts are ridiculed if you're interested in being a real fighter. I think Mark Kerr said that in an interview.
    Since Chuck fought in Karate Tournaments under a point system, he'd have to brush up on his grappling and submissions in order to prepare for Fedor in a no holds barred fight.
    Chuck would need to adopt more than just karate. To his credit, I heard he is trained in Ju Jit Su. Fairly highly ranked too. But I don't know if he studied that in his prime or much later when he turned into his 40s.