Rumours in Denmark: Kessler vs. Lacy in August in Atlantic City

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by ElTerriblee, May 3, 2007.

1. ElTerriblee

ElTerriblee "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I think Kessler is trying to ruin Calzaghe´s life. :lol: :lol:

2. salaco

salaco Undisputed Champion

Poor Jeff Lacy :doh: ...talk about landing in a division at the wrong time - not so long ago he could have hung around, grabbed a title, and defended against the tates, brewers, mitchells, staries and made a half-decent career stateside...but the division is too strong for a guy with his skillset at the moment...he might be better off at LHW, its still mostly quite weak..

3. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:rolleyes: Pointless fight. Calzaghe or nuthin'.........perhaps a Mundine rematch,..

4. StingerKarl

StingerKarl Ace Degenerate

Left Hook

You still have to give Jeff a puncher's chance in there as all it takes is one and he certainly is capable of knocking a guy out.
    He didn't look too hot the last time out, and I know he hurt his shoulder real badly, and Kessler is an excellent boxer.
    I had to look at Kessler real hard again, and I have now become an admirer of his after initially comparing him to Steve Collins.
    He actually reminds me moreso of Ezzard Charles than anyone else in terms of his movement to both sides and the way he lets his shots go.
    I would give Kessler about a 90 percent chance of winning that fight with Jeff, with the 10 percent going to the hitter.

5. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

ugggh...Jeff's defense is too bad and Kessler defense is too good.

Lacy has a perfect opportunity to get his belt back...fight Berrio. Sure, he could lose that fight, but he'd have a very decent chance to win, gain some confidence and hope someone else upsets one of the two giants in the meantime. Even if that's not how a fighter thinks, it should be how a manager thinks.

6. Der Tiger

Der Tiger Leap-Amateur

That is some change of opinion :lol:

7. Double L

Double L Book Reader

he should take the Kessler fight if he can. it will likely mean some real coin and he's young enough that even if he loses, he can bounce back. losses to Calzaghe and Kessler. at least he will have lost to the "best" and have some coin in exchange.

too bad Joe's such a puss or we could see the real fight in the division:
    Slappy gets his head bashed in by Kessler

8. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

Karl are you implying he is in the same class as Charles? I think Der Tiger thinks this is what you meant and I am not sure if this was your intention.

Regardless how do you now think he stacks up to Joe?

9. Der Tiger

Der Tiger Leap-Amateur

I was kidding, I took the words out of context. I still never saw any steve collins in kessler however.

10. StingerKarl

StingerKarl Ace Degenerate

No way am I implying he is up there with Ezzard, and he probably never will be.
    He reminds me of Ezzard in terms of technique is what I should have clariifed.
    Too early for me to analyze that fight with Joe as I haven't studied enough tape lately.
    I have no idea who would win right now, and I would say pick 'em at the moment.

11. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    I like this fight for Kessler. Lacy is still a name and an american name at that. If he can stop Lacy, he should be screaming after the fight for Calzaghe. Insult him. Say he is disgracing not only Brits, but all Europeans. If Joe won't fight him then, there is just seriously nothing Kessler can do.:dunno:

12. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    oh yeah, Kessler wins by tko 9:popcorn:

13. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Lacy will catch him cold in the early rounds. Kessler doesn't have the workrate of calzaghe.

14. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

I for one would love to see Joe versus Kessler more than the Mayweather De Lo Hoya fight.

15. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Absolutely.

16. crold1

crold1 Leap-Amateur

Public Relations
    Home Page:
    Lacy ain't back in August. Torn cuff keeps him out til the end of this year at the earliest.

17. ElTerriblee

ElTerriblee "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Vitali took a eight months break after his, although I agree, it´s unlikely for August.

18. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

Unless a torn rotator cuff was just an excuse for him looking terrible against Vitali Tsypko in a close fight, that would mean he's damaged goods

Why would anyone coming off a rotator cuff injury face one of the top guys in the division asap?

19. CarlosDK

CarlosDK Scrub

Any idea of what source that rumor comes from? I live in Denmark, and haven't seen or heard of it, in any media - including the only danish boxing site around. The only thing mentioned about Kessler lately, is that Palle and Warren will meet sometime in May. Also Kessler/Palle stated on numerous occations, that he wouldn't be fighting before September.