Should Freitas purse be withhold for "pulling a Zoo" for the 2-nd time in his career?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by dymipepel, Apr 29, 2007.

1. dymipepel

dymipepel Im Banned

That was a disgrace. Can Freitas purse be withheld? It's a clear pattern in his behavior and that's just unacceptable.

2. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

It was shamefull, but not blatant enough to justifly his purse being withold, but shamefull enough for him not to be on a big network card main event.

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

N PARTICULAR,Freitas' Purse SHOULDN'T B withheld...ONLY Because NO Rules are Currently N Place,DISCOURAGING Fighters from QUITTING like Bithces...

"However", NEW Rules should B Implemented N Regards to How Much of an agREED upon Purse a Fighter will Receive,if/when .he WILLINGLY QUITS..

If U Need to Break it Down to ___% of your Purse After ___ Rounds,then So Be It...

But it's Time that Prizefighters KNOW AHEAD OF TIME that their agREED upon Money WILL Deteriorate,if/when they QUIT N a Fight...We could even Call it the "Bruce Seldon Clause"...

To Paraphrase Evander Holyfield,"People watch Boxing to See Guys Do Things that they Normally wouldn't Do Themselves"....

ANY COWARD or "Keyboard Warrior" could QUIT...There's NATHAN Exceptional about QUITTING

REED:nono:

4. Fighter

Fighter Undisputed Champion

I HONESTLY don't think so. The guy tried, sure not hard enough, but he did try. Up until the fifth, the fight was very COMPETITIVE and an ACTION packed fight.

The guy is DONE. We won't see Freitas in the ring again. He will run for office in his native Brazil.

5. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

Great idea, moron. So, fighters would get paid less for knocking someone out?

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Uuuuuuuh,REED made it CLEAR that that Particular Clause should ONLY B Implemented if/when a Fighter QUITS...

REED More Carefully N the Future,BITTER Motherfucker...

REED:flip:

7. Rubio MHS

Then fighters would flop on the ground instead of quitting. How would that improve things?

8. paboxing123

paboxing123 Scrub

boxing
    I think he tryed hard he just couldnt take the ass whooping from baby bull. The thing that pist me off was him smiling and being rasied on his trainers sholders like he won. Thats the diffrence from fighters today and paulie they dont have the heart

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

That's BETTER than FINISHING a Round,FOOLING the LIVE Audience,Only to QUIT on your STOOL...

& Let's B CLEAR....Freitas QUIT...Suarez TRIED to Talk him N 2 CONTINUING...Freitas DIDN'T Want to:nono: ...

If U Get Hit & FLOP on the Ground,that MIGHT Appear "Fishy",but it's BETTER than QUITTING on your Stool,when U Appear to B FINE....

Instead of DISagreeing just for the SAKE of it(like a PRICK), LISTEN To LOGIC,Motherfucker...

REED:cool:

10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Yeah,that was VERY GAY...

REED has NEVER Seen a Guy QUIT,then CELEBRATE his Quitjob...

REED:dunno:

11. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Quitting is unacceptable, this is why Muhammed Ali will always be considered a bitch for QUITTING on his stool against Larry Holmes.

Muhammed Ali, is a bitch. :crafty:

12. pug

pug WBC Champion

Maybe it was just really a celebration of him going back into the manwhore biz

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

:rolleyes:

Angelo DIDN'T Give Ali an Option...

He STOPPED the Fight WITHOUT Even ASKING Ali if he Wanted to Continue...

FAGS Like YOU Also Hold Frazier's "Stool Resignation" (N the "Thrilla N Manilla") AGAINST him,even though Frazier OPENLY ARGUED w/Eddie Futch to ALLOW the Fight to Continue...

REED:rolleyes:

ps. The Soooooner U STOP Being MAD @ the Boxing World that YOUR Favorites QUIT,the BETTER off U'll B...If U CAN'T C the Difference N Ali-Holmes & Tszyu-Hatton or Abdullaev-Cotto,then U're BLIND...

14. bigdawg

bigdawg Undisputed Champion

P.O.
    Brotha Reed you are right on. As mentioned earlier on the phone I would have much rather had Fruitass take a then cover up and allow Diaz to flurry on him thus causing the ref to stop the fight. Then Fruitass can get all upset, small the ropes, hell he could even pound the ground ala DLH style. Atleast put up an act like didn't want the fight to be stopped. I would give him more props for that. But him quitting on the stole is a flat out punk ass bitch move. Holla 5000

15. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

and any keyboard warrior can write a post like yours.

It's no one's place to take away their money if they quit because there's no way we can know exactly why it happened.

It's our place as fans to criticize, bitch, and scrutinize. It's our place to not spend money or time on someone we think quit if we so choose.

And yeah, I think Freitas quit this time and I think it was a blatant case of quitting.

16. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Nor have I and I would like to hear his explanation. The only thing I can think of is that he was just glad to get out of there alive after facing that monster-puncher Juan Diaz.

17. Rubio MHS

Um, Ali didn't quit against Holmes. His corner stopped it, and the press bitched at him for not protesting enough.

18. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Tam on Fruity quitting again:

:warning:

19. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Pretty much, Freittas's the typical frontrunner

20. Kenny

Kenny Scrub

I think it was the best choice he could have done. What's more embarrassing, quitting or being KTFO by a boxer who is considered P4P less power. Being stop on your shield in the corner, while Diaz is pounding on you is one thing. I think one more big punch and Fritas would have been down for the 10 count. I thought the victim of his action was Diaz. Diaz could have gotten a KO win over a big name.

21. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I simply can not understand you guys who bitch about someone quitting? Why should he have fought on? So you could see him end up injured?

Freitas did all he could there, he fought with everything he had. When he felt he couldn't win anymore, he confessed it and gave the other guy the victory. I do not see what is wrong with that. We had a good fight, we had a winner. If you want to see people get seriously injured for your own pleasure, I am sure you can download some war video somewhere

22. Rubio MHS

It's more the way a fighter quits that pisses people off than if he quits. Robinson in the Maxim bout? He couldn't stand up. He nearly died. He had just collapsed in 100+degree heat - not knocked down, collapsed. What else could he have done? When a fighter quits when the momentum of the match is just starting to swing against his favor, like Golota against Grant, Freitas against Diaz or Vitali against Byrd, it pisses people off. True champions (which none of the three above were) try to survive long enough to launch a counterattack.

23. IgiveUpImEricMoralesISuck

IgiveUpImEricMoralesISuck Leap-Amateur

Wtf... on Juan diaz's record it doesn't even count as tko. It counts as the other guy quit on his stool. See, quiting is bullshit because we all know that he would have ended up on the canvas. And diaz would have gotten a ko... should be 17 kos on his record not 16... this bs

24. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    It does count as a TKO. It is not a decision win you know

25. Rubio MHS

Boxrec notes three types of knockouts: KO (10-count, or not otherwise specified), TKO (stopped by the officials without a 10-count) or RTD (quit between rounds). Example:
    <TABLE align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>2000-04-01</TD><TD class=cs>244¼</TD><TD>Chris Byrd</TD><TD class=cs>210¾</TD><TD align=middle>30-1-0</TD><TD align=right><TABLE bgColor=white><TBODY><TR><CENTER><TD class=w></TD><TD class=l></TD><TD class=w></TD><TD class=w></TD><TD class=w></TD><TD class=w></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER></TD><TD>Estrel Convention Center, Berlin, Neukölln, Germany <TD class=rl>L</TD><TD align=middle>RTD</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>12</TD><TD class=cr>[​IMG] </TD></TR><TR><TD class=cs colSpan=99>~ Referee: Genaro Rodriguez | Judge: Melvina Lathan 88-83 | Judge: Ruben M. Garcia Dr. 89-82 | Judge: Joachim Jacobsen 88-83 ~
    ~ WBO Heavyweight Title ~
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

26. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    So Duran, Morales, Arguello, Tyson etc were not true champions. Word

27. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Arguello and Morales are poor examples. They were throttled.

The other guys quit in fights they were competitive in.

28. ElTerriblee

ElTerriblee "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Basically. He wasted so much energy on POWERpunches early, that had no hope of landing. Nobody has ever knocked somebody out through the guard with one punch. He should have tried a rope a dope, because that is the only time Diaz gave him the openings to land something significant. In the middle of the ring Freitas ate the jab of Diaz like a shot fighter.

Of course he was in no shape to win the fight after round 7, but after the Corrales debacle I thought he´d at least go out on a flurry against the ropes like Bigdawg suggested. On the other hand Diaz doesn´t punch hard enough to put him out for good, so it would have looked like another quit job to most anyway.

The most pathetic display was his victory lap. WTF was that all about, for a moment I thought Diaz must have broken his nose and couldn´t breathe.

29. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

I haven't seen the fight but is it possible he was raised on his trainers shoulders because it may be his last fight? It could have been a prelude to retirement. :dunno:

30. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:crafty: AHHH!!!...now you've invented little 'sub justifications' for "acceptable QUITTING" ,..Reed please,..this is typically self serving and hypocritical :crafty: ,..I realise nobody accepts the FACT that it was Johnny Lewis who took a look at Tszyu's wilted figure and knew that to go with his absolutely obliterated testicles, sunken eyes (later diagnosed as bleeding on the brain), a distortedly swollen jaw, was getting hit too often, and finally he determined he wasn't responding in a satisfactory manner as his long time trainer, so HIS CORNER/ TRAINER stopped the fight, please direct me to the probable 'made up' footage of Tszyu claiming he wanted the fight to be stopped, I'm betting this was just drummed in with RAW EMOTION from his haters..because I never saw or heard anything as such :nono: ,... Therefore it's not proportionarily different than Ali "QUITTING" on his stool against Holmes LATE in his career...., the REAL difference was..that YOU were a pent up and frustrated hater for years as he struck down quick, slick fighters whom YOU desperately hoped would school his '1 dimensional' EURO arse.. :crafty: The humiliating Zab fight and the second Mitchell fight registered,.. Token-gesture man,....oh yes they did...:crafty:

:crafty: and Sugar Ray Robinson ALSO "QUIT!" by the way,.."He could hardly walk..waaah waaah waaah!!" you all say,....but not many people are quick to jump to Wlad's defence against Brewster though?..:crafty:...it's just the exposing of various peoples agendas, the 'self service' criteria in defining the 'acceptable quitting' psuedo-standard :rolleyes:...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007