StarTrek: Axanar (Prelude to Axanar)

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I had my doubts about this production, but after watching this excellent 'Federation documentary' I am sold: I can't wait to watch 'Star Trek: Axanar' feature film more than the lame J.J. Abrams produced, Simon Pegg written official 'Star Trek Beyond'.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1W1_8IV8uhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Panchyprsss

Paramount Pictures and CBS Studio are suing the creators of this $1 million budget fan-funded fan-film claiming copyright infringement. The creative team claim that since the film will not be released commercially it is within their rights as fans to continue with this project like countless of other fan-films that have been made in the past. What do Paramount & CBS fear? that this little project might end up being better than 'Star Trek Beyond' and the tv series reboot?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/30/10692286/star-trek-axanar-paramount-cbs-sued
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hrlNSGbgrlQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

:lol: It's a fucking fan-made piece of shit.

You idiot, panchy.

4. Panchyprsss

I have clearly stated that it is a fan-made production. What part you did not understood? It looks better than 'Star trek Beyond' IMO.

5. Panchyprsss

Five years later update:
    Paramount won the legal battle and as a consequence it has banned ALL past, present and future Star Trek fan films regardless if it is not for profit. Fans lost. Big time. However since the fans backlash was so big, and even J.J. Abrams advocated to be more nice to fans, Paramount set new, albeit extremely strict guidelines for future fan films, among them: cannot be longer than 30 minutes, cannot be screened for a large crowd, cannot have a budget of more than $100,000 nor can start fundraisers to produce it and cannot pay cast or crew a salary, cannot make any profit, all completed productions will become property of Paramount Pictures who will have all exclusive rights to release these fan films to blu-ray or dvd with all sales profits going directly to Paramount.

The five years legal battle took a toll on the Axanar project with its main actor and biggest driving force, Richard Hatch (Battlestar Galactica) having passed away and other professional actors abandoning the project. Still the project will continue but divided in two separate 30 minutes segments, with its plot heavily revised as it is now a much lower budget production. However from this trailer that premiered yesterday, it looks light years better than that shitty 'Star Trek: Discovery' or the awful 'Picard'.

6. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Fucking Idiots. I would have changed the name logos and uniforms and redone the whole production before I would have let the corporate company not only fuck me in the ass without a bag but make a profit off me while doing it. I can’t believe after that 12x12 boning they just took that they’re going to go ahead and complete the project.

7. Panchyprsss

They already had raised $1 million in donations, had sets build, costumes made and special effects crew working basically for free just because they love Star Trek so much. They couldn't start principal shooting due to the Cease and Desist lawsuit. So they want to go ahead and do what they can to honor all those fans that send money and the people that worked basically for peanuts or free. They have a moral duty to finish this project even though they are not happy with the situation.
    construction of a bridge set
    [​IMG]

completed set
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  8. Panchyprsss

These new fan films are way superior from the earlier fan films of the past; like this one with a teenager Seth MacFarlane and friends.

9. lb 4 lb

I would have refunded the money and dumped the project or like I said, would have rebranded under a different name and logo. I believe they have a moral duty to not let the corporation take advantage of them and the fans any more than they already do. These companies don’t give a shit about the fans, only thing they care about is money. The companies got everything they wanted in that lawsuit and now those same companies are going to profit off of their hard work. How can they even promote and still love something that just told you to either fuck off or pay me if you choose not to. If they had any balls they would have burned their Star Trek suits, Spock ears and stopped promoting the show the moment the backlash started.

10. Panchyprsss

Some did, but others hope that the studio can realize that even with a low budget with the right stories and people who care in charge, they can give fans what they want...instead of the expensive SHIT they have delivered so far.

11. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I've always wondered how the small number of top writers/directors rise to prominence. Is it really merit based?

12. lb 4 lb

It rarely is. Usually it’s who you know and politics.

13. Panchyprsss

Yup. I am sure that when Ben Affleck and Matt Damon wrote 'Good Will Hunting' their connection with Kevin Smith played a role in getting it read at Miramax. And most likely Harvey Weinstein told the two young handsome actors, "Bring me some chicks and I will greenlight your script."