The Suicide Squad (2021) sneak peek

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

2. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Is the Joker in it at all or did they lose their rights to use the character after the last fiasco?

3. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Jared Leto was not hired for the sequel and they didn't want to put Academy Award winner Joaquin Phoenix in this lame sequel, so no, Joker is not in this film.

4. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

The Suicide Squad

I thought this was a solid movie although the ripping off of Guardians Of The Galaxy was about as obvious as many of the scenes in the film. For instance they used music tracks in a slightly similar albeit less dramatic way (and definitely worse music), they brought in a completely CGI character voiced by a (more) popular actor, and as usual with these comic movies an oversaturation of humor. They even ripped off GOTG 2 by opening the film with an action sequence that for the sake of humor was so unrealistic and ridiculous I considered aborting the viewing.

Fortunately the film picked up from there and although the humor was pretty constant and forced I did enjoy the characters portrayed by Elba and Robbie and to a slightly lesser extent Cena and Kinnaman. It got a little ridiculous towards the end with the final villain but not enough to ruin what I thought was a pretty fun action film. I actually liked it better than Black Widow maybe because I felt BW was ruined by all of the silliness whereas this film was sort of bred for it. 6/10.