Things to watch out for: (requires a separate thread)

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by slystaff, May 3, 2007.

1. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Oscar "grunting" (think Monica Seles) with his punches.

When Oscar gets tired and/or frustrated he starts grunting with his punches. It's a tell tale sign that things are not going well for him. Watch out for it, and remember what I've said. My prediction is that IF Floyd gets through the first 6 rounds...it would mean that he's having great success making Oscar miss and pay. If that is the case..by the 7th round expect to hear the Oscar grunt...and that would mean that Floyd would be taking over the fight from there on with no possible comeback for Oscar.

Floyd switching to southpaw.

If this happens, EVEN ONCE, it means that Floyd has hand problems. Floyd isn't comfortable fighting out of this stance..unlike successful switchers like Roy Jones and Shane Mosley. If Floyd does this...he's protecting his left hand...and this means he's in serious trouble. If it happens in the late rounds...he'll be able to survive and possibly win a round or so to secure a decision. If it happens before the 6th...he's dead.

Oscar's reaction to Floyd's body punches.

Floyd is still an underrated body puncher. I believe that he'll be digging into Oscar's midsection from the first round. If Oscar starts to throw back to the body...it means that he's being affected.

Floyd's reaction to Oscar's jab.

This is KEY. If Oscar's jab causes Floyd to retreat, Oscar wins. If Floyd can counter the jab with right hands or slip it and throw quick left hooks..and somehow cause Oscar to reduce his jab output...he will win. We will know the answer to this one in the very first round!

2. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

I agree, but not that we'll have an answer to this in the first round.

3. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Perhaps. Floyd is a major adjuster in that ring, he was having trouble with Zab's style early but then found a way around it.