TITO ORTIZ IS GONE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Hanzy, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

No more Tito Ortiz in UFC. He was their biggest star alongside Shamrock. I guess that's a major blow to an organization that has very very few stars.

From TitoOrtiz.com

"I just want to come on and say Hi. I have been very busy on my future. It looks very bright. But being a UFC fighter will not be my future. I have never been so embarssed in my life. I got put in the bleachers, asked to leave the octagon when Ivan won, a was not aloud back stage to get my bags. But its business to the UFC. Iam pushed in to a corner and wont be pushed anymore. I have done good for the UFC in every interview, fights,and just trying to push the UFC to mainstream. Now that iam not there Champ they can careless. i will make it with or without them. I have to look out for my self. I do want to thank them for everything. But its time to go on with my future. What is next for Tito? You all will know soon!!!!
    I want to thank my fans for the support. Couldnt have done it without YOU!!!!!!!"
    Tito Ortiz

2. Bug Eyed Earl

Bug Eyed Earl Scrub

I go to titortiz.com and it's not there.

3. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

4. Bug Eyed Earl

Bug Eyed Earl Scrub

Aw well good riddance. Let's see how well he does in Pride or whether he gets anywhere close to that 350 K guarantee he wants. My guess, no.

5. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Aw well good riddance. Let's see how well he does in Pride or whether he gets anywhere close to that 350 K guarantee he wants. My guess, no.
    <div align="right">[post=23106]Quoted post[/post]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

I agree, fuck Tito.

6. Oh my God,
    It's so fashionable to take a blow at Tito these days. The man had two losses, one I think he'd have a chance to rectify were he to go in for a rematch. Everyone just jumps on someone the instant they're not the champion anymore.

Yes, it's a big deal that he should ask for that much money being that he didn't end on a high note, If he'd baeten Randy or even just Chuck, he might be worth it.

I DO want to see him come back, but what he asks for is just too much. Poster boy or not, an event that regularly pays fighters under $5,000 can't afford crap like that.

7. searay

searay Guest

i'd like to see tito come back with a bang,maybe take on a couple of warm up fights then on to silva,there is no one i want to see sleep more than silva,and if tito can come back to where he was when he dropped hughes on his head he'll be a force.

8. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    That wasn't Hughes; that was Evan Tanner.

9. Tam-Tam

Tam-Tam Scrub

Home Page:
    ...and it wasn't the drop on Evans head that did the damage. It was the head that Ortiz rammed into Tanner's chin as they landed, which KOed Evan.

Same deal with Rampage-Arona.

10. Kid Dynamite

Kid Dynamite Scrub

Silva will kill Ortiz.

Under Pride rule's he'll be an incredibly boring fish out of water.