Try This On For Size, LOK et al...

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Buddy Rydell, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    Do a circuit:
    1. Chinups
    2. Handstand pushups
    3. Cross-leg Crunches (with 35lb plate)
    4. Reverse Pullups
    5. Pushups
    6. Hyperextensions
    7. V-crunches (with 35lb plate)
    8. One-Legged Calf Raise (with 35lb plate)

Do 1 repetition of each for your first circuit.
    Do 2 repetitions for your second.
    Keep doing circuits until you can't complete anymore.

Now the trick is to not do them back to back. Space them out throughout the day as I did yesterday while cleaning the house, stacking wood, chopping wood, plowing snow, shovelling snow, and murdering the asshole who runs the county snowplow past my driveway.

I got 15 circuits done, and I could have done more. I plan on nailing 25 circuits next Saturday or Sunday.

That means yesterday I did:
    120 chins, 120 hspu, 120 crossleg crunches with a 35lb plate, 120 reverse pullups, 120 pushups, 120 v-crunches, 120 one-legged calf raises with a 35lb plate, and 120 hyperextensions.

Like I said, next Sunday I'm shooting for 25 circuits throughout the whole day. If I do it, it'll be fantastic.

It'll also be 325 reps of each. It's my Sunday 8-pack Shocker!

:Ramonza::finger::Ramonza::finger::Ramonza:

2. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Holy fuck, I've done 19 circuits and I'm dying. Still have 6 to go. I was off today because of the bad weather, so I thought I'd give it a go. This is frigging tough.

3. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Make that 20 circuits. I'm not ashamed to admit that the chinups are done til failure, then I wait, do a few more, do a few more, and then they are done. One thing I realize is that it is more mental than physical. Still, the last five circuits will be the hardest.:shadow:

4. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Because my chinup bar is attached to the Smith machine, I have to cut it from the circuit for the last 5 circuits. It clangs a bit when I'm pulling myself up as the basement in that area or the metal is bent on the foundation. I can't chance it waking my kid up because he's sick. :/

Ah well, I'll get everything else done and do the chins tomorrow.[​IMG]

5. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Spoke too soon. Looks like 21 is the max number of circuits for today. Unfortunately I have to get up early for work tomorrow, and I can't piss around. Going out to plow and shovel for a few hours is what killed my time---along with looking after the little lad, of course (That's not a complaint---just in case my wife ever stumbles upon this). Maybe Sunday or one of my days off later in the month. For now, I've done 21 circuits, which works out to

231 Chins ( I did get that last set after all)
    231 HSPU
    231 Cross-leg crunches with 35lb weight
    231 Reverse Rows
    231 Pushups
    231 V-Crunches with a 35lb plate
    231 Hyperextensions
    231 One-Legged Calf Raises with a 35lb plate

I'm gonna feel this tomorrow. :lol:

6. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Ill give it a shot when i can! Sounds good!

7. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I have no time to squeeze that into my present routine. Sounds good though.

BUDDY though....all of this is pointless if you're still eating fatty perogies and guzzling alcohol and shit. You would just look like a big bag of bricks....zero definition.

8. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Uh, NO...working out and doing circuit training still has great health benefits even if your eating habits are less than optimal. Most people in my family develop bad knees, bad backs, and such at a certain age. I'm 38 and everything works quite well.

Besides, it's not like I'm eating the perogies 3 times a day. It's once a week tops and the pizza is even less frequent than that.

I also eat veggies, fruit, red meat, tuna, eggs, and chicken. As for alcohol, I drink red wine once every few days for the anti-oxidants and resveratrol. I rarely drink beer anymore, but that's because my tastes have changed. Overall, my eating habits are probably better than average.

Sharp muscle definition is great, but solid muscle, great functional strength, stamina, and a healthy circulatory system are four things which my current eating and training habits provide for me.

If I really want to lean down sometime, I just might but in the meantime, I'm losing weight and bodyfat at a comfortable pace.:scared:

9. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I did the circuits on Saturday, and I also did them this morning. Even though it is daylight savings time, I got 15 circuits done from 4am-6am this morning. That, along with the fact that it was done on an empty stomach, really set my metabolism nicely today. I might do 5 at lunch and another 5 at home, which would be great for a weekday.[​IMG]

10. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Buddy, i had thought about doing this over the weekend but forgot all about it.

i taught my kids how to do "Shuttle runs" or "suicides".. great exercise! I ran a LOT of them this past weekend. we had NICE weather so we were outside a lot