Whale attacks Shark ...

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by PetreTG, Dec 8, 2007.

1. PetreTG

PetreTG WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    :tease:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8GaDuCvYbE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8GaDuCvYbE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

How does this have anything to do with the government, conspiracies or Ron Paul?

WTF Petre? You can post general interest shit. How can I respond with a completely differing opinion when you post vanilla shit like this.

Damn you.

3. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    So you think this is a conspiracy? The whale didn't really attack the shark?:lol: This was all a setup?:lol:

4. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    A killer whale is far too big, strong, fast and intelligent for the shark. Out of 100 encounters, a killer whale wins 99 times.

5. Orthodox Crusader

Orthodox Crusader "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Sounds like Hatton-Mayweather, without Joe Cortez.

6. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

This one is much better....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSPG9QQg4C0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSPG9QQg4C0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

TFK

7. CleanYourClock

CleanYourClock "Twinkle Toes" McJack

We did this thread already ...
    Everyone knows that whale happend upon a dead shark and this paticular clip is severly edited ...

8. PetreTG

Home Page:
    This thread was simply sarcasm for Octopus' Shark attacks Whale thread.

Having said that ... It's a well known fact that Killer Whales attack and kill sharks and dolphins among other animals for their food.

9. CleanYourClock

Well known fact yet there is no proof anywhere of a killer whale attacking and killing a shark , let alone a large shark. :doh:

10. PetreTG

Home Page:
    I'm curious ... what makes you think this video of the killer whale killing a great white is fake ?

11. CleanYourClock

Cause I seen the REAL DOCUMENTERY where that footage came from.

First off , in the beggining where they show the seal and then the sahrk swimming , That is added in.
    There is NO footage of any killer whale attacking and biting a shark.
    If you notice , you CAN'T see it happening ...

Bro the real footage of that is simply a couple of minutes of a Killer whale feeding on a shark carcas ... Nothing more. Everything else , and the narration have all been added in ...

There ARE NO underwater seens or footage. Anything under water has been added in. The real footage consists only of above water filming.

12. PetreTG

Home Page:
    So then you're telling me the witnesses lied ?

Clash of the titans: Whale vs. Shark

[​IMG]<!-- date --> October 8, 1997
    Web posted at: 11:28 p.m. EDT (0328 GMT)
    <!-- /date --> SAN FRANCISCO (CNN) -- Move over, Jaws. An underwater battle captured on videotape proves that killer whales are the kings of the sea.

The first known videotape of a clash between a killer whale and a great white shark has enthralled whale watchers all over the world.

"Nothing like this has been known to happen before," said Mary Jane Schramm, a naturalist who witnessed the attack Saturday off the Farallon Islands.

Marine biologists had assumed that the ocean's two big predators tended to avoid each other. But the tape shows otherwise.

The video was shot by wildlife enthusiasts on a cruise sponsored by the Oceanic Society. They were alerted by a radio transmission from a fisherman who had spotted two orcas in the area.

<table align="left" bgcolor="#cccccc" cellpadding="6" hspace="10" vspace="5" width="220"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center"> It's a whale of an attack!
    [​IMG] [SIZE=-1] 2M/15 sec. QuickTime movie[/SIZE]
    </td></tr> </tbody></table> The expedition found the two killer whales -- a 20-foot-long female and a youngster about half her length -- were still there, swimming idly about.

"Then we noticed this dark shape moving in the water, giving the orcas a wide berth," Schramm said.
    The adult orca veered toward the dark shape, and then surged to the surface with a 10-foot-long great white shark in her jaws. "We were stunned," Schramm said.

The killer whale eventually swam away from the boat and began thrashing the shark on the surface of the water, a practice orcas typically employ with their prey.

Around this time, Peter Pyle, a great white shark expert with the Point Reyes Bird Observatory, arrived on the scene. He got within 5 feet of the killer whales, then used a special underwater camera to record the attack.

Having made her kill, the victorious orca let her maternal instinct take over.
    "The female apparently killed the shark, but she didn't eat it -- she was encouraging the calf to feed," Schramm said.

Schramm said the calf "especially liked the liver. You know how hard it can be to get kids to eat. Not him, though."

<!-- REMEMBER! This must go immediately following the story or brief, before any related stories or sites. --> <!--ap_contrib--> The Associated Press contributed to this report.

13. PetreTG

Home Page:
    BTW ... It's not speculation of any kind that Killer whales feed on sharks as part of their diet. It's fact. They know this same as they know what other species dine on ... by what they find in their stomachs.

14. CleanYourClock

Petre , I am reffering to the first clip you posted. I seen the real footage years ago when it was recorded. I seen the footage when the guys were actually recording the event .. It's the same footage except what you posted had a TON of crap added into the original clip.

Anyway , have you seen a killer whale up Close ? I have , a full grown one at that ... Let me tell you , there is no way a killer whale can get its mouth around a large great white shark ... Though the whales are a larger creature , their mouths simply are not designed that way .. They would never be able to get their mouth around the girth of a shark.

As far as this clip , I can't view it for some reason.

15. CleanYourClock

Thats a nice common sense thought Petre but , I have never heard of a killer whales stomach being cut open and out came a great white shark.

16. PetreTG

Home Page:
    The footage I showed IS the story and is the documentary you saw as well. :lol:

Also , I have seen ki ller whales up close to my friend. A Killer whale can easily take a bite out of a large shark. Killer whales have been founf with everything from sharks to walrus' to polar bears to other killer whales to moose in them.

Part of most herds of killer whales diets is shark. This isn't a guess it's fact.

I think you have JAWS on the brain here my friend. :lol:

17. PetreTG

Home Page:
    I said SHARKS .... there are numerous species of sharks ... this video is a killer whale killing a great white . THAT is rare but not at all surprising when you factor in size , strength and most importantly intelligence.

Shark ... particularly white tips and hammerheads are known to be a regular part of the (EDIT MISTAKE) KILLER WHALE diet.

Further ... Dolphins , one of the smartest creatures in the ocean are regularly killed by killer whales and are out smarted by them in the process.

Finally , although catching this on film was rare ... I'll bet you it happens much more often than most think. They compete for some of the same foods ... in particular seals. I'll bet encounters/confrontations are much more frequent than most think.

18. CleanYourClock

No Petre , I don't have jaws on my mind ... I'm just smart enough to know that even though this whale is larger then a shark , its not going to fit its mouth around a 3000lb shark ... Not to mention that its teeth are not designed to take huge bites of flesh.

[​IMG]

Also , stop saying your video is of a killer whale killing a shark because , the video does not actually show that happening.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  19. PetreTG

Home Page:
    Dude ... all your doing is talking nonsense . It's a fact not fiction.

:kick:

[​IMG]
    Jaws of adult killer whale.

20. CleanYourClock

Your showing me a skull ??:lol: Even still , those jaws can't fit around a grown great white.
    Add on the flesh and you have this with most of the tooth length buried in the flesh of the gums.
    [​IMG]

And again , your video still does not show a killer whale killing a shark . It simply just does not show it ...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  21. CleanYourClock

[​IMG]

22. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Killer Whales can chop off large chunks outta big ass whales...sure the Orca does not have shredding teeth like a shark's...but its teeth is very similar to crocs. What it does is bite on flesh like a pitbull, and shake like a dog pulling on a towel, just like a croc's death roll (which both have conical teeth).

Another thing, an Orca can just ram against a shark's gills and suffocate the shit out of it.

Believe it or not, a shark, while a killing machine, is a very fragile animal, even a frighten seal have been know to injure sharks while fighting for their lives...an Orca is just a much more powerful animal, whith a major, major, advantage...INTELLIGENCE.

...and of course an Orca can't consume an entire whole shark, but it can certainly eat it in chunks.

Another thing...how many Orcas are really hunted, killed, and gutted nowadays? It would be very rare event indeed.

Orca punks a great white, live with it.

:popcorn:

23. Rabid Kimba

Oh please, an Orca is three times as large as that...please.

If they can handle whales, they can certainly handle a small ass 3000 pound shark (small in comparison to the Orca).

24. Rabid Kimba

:bears:

25. Rabid Kimba

That video was documented, taped, and witnessed, by marine biologists studying great whites at the Farallon Islands in Northern California.

If CleanYourClock thinks it's fake and dismissing the marine biologists' accounts, then he's just being a blockhead, and is in denial.

26. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4incU8-Ev4s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4incU8-Ev4s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

That Orca did NOT get a live Great White like this :nono:

27. Rabid Kimba

Shit, any predator can hunt seals like that.

Can a great white do this?

http://www.gofish.com/player.gfp?gfid=30-1056253

FUCK NO.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  28. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    Dolphins do that shit with fish, did you just say can great whites eat? :laughing:

No Orca is going to hunt and kill a Predator that is formidable, this is a simple law of nature :dunno: No Orca is going to come and attack a great white without knowing what it's in for with it's teeth.......a freaking dog wouldn't go after a cat :nono: Well, without either:
    1. Learning a lesson to not do that again.
    2. Or if desperate and starving, it would go after a sick or young one :dunno:

Simple logic, simple rules of nature :nono:

29. PetreTG

Home Page:
    I've decided to stop debating this with CYC as he's talking out his ass.

Killer whales reach over 31 feet and 13,000lbs . Great whites do not attain half that weight and most never go beyond 21 feet.

Like I said ... he has JAWS on the brain.

Little Dolphins take out sharks of all kinds with their intelligence by simply shocking them with torpedo like blows to the gills.

I'm beginning to think either is more intelligent than CYC. :doh:

30. PetreTG

Home Page:
    Yeah I know ... I guess he knows better and could see the great white was dead before the Killer Whale attacked from New York. :lol:

That marine biologist , the fisherman in the area and her crew just thought the great white was aalive , but they were mistaken. :doh: