What Do You Think Would Make A Good Movie/Tv Show?

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by lb 4 lb, Mar 10, 2020.

1. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Whether it’s about a novel you read, a historical figure or even if it’s your own idea, post what you think would make for an entertaining movie. I’ll go first.

This one could be a movie but I think an HBO series would really do it justice:

A movie about Madame Ching who was a Chinese pirate back in the 1800s. She started out working with her husband before taking over his fleet after he died. She eventually became so powerful from sacking towns -as opposed to just ships- that she amassed a fleet of over 1000 ships and 80,000 men. She also gave a lot of money to the poor, so from the people she had spies, recruits and hideouts. She eventually became one of the richest people on the planet and with the size of her fleet she often went to war against opposing countries navies sent to stop her. The coolest part of her story is, to stop her the Chinese government paid her a settlement to retire along with a pardon and allowed her to keep her booty.

Steve-Dingo likes this.
  2. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

A proper movie about Hannibal's campaign against Rome.

A non-political, non-revisionist film about Rommel, the Desert Fox.

A film adaptation of G.R.R. Martin's short story 'Sandkings'.

A film adaptation or big budget series of Isaac Asimov's Foundation trilogy.

A big budget adaptation of my original 1979 fantasy story 'The Magicks of Lukzenth'.

Big budget productions of the stories of Elijah, Daniel and Jeremiah.

3. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    The Talisman (King/Straub) could be cool if you could get LOTR money thrown at it

Steve-Dingo likes this.
  4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

My awesome "Kill Panchyprsss...now!" thread, but with each episode leading up to one of the particularly gruesome yet totally valid & warranted deaths of this hideous, old, Puerto Paedo...

cdogg187 likes this.
  5. Double L

Double L Book Reader

That does sound awesome!

lb 4 lb likes this.
  6. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Seconded.

The English used tae pay the Danish money ‘Danegeld’ tae stop they Viking raids... she soonds somewhit similar.

7. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

It will bomb at the box office or stank in the ratings. No one will green light that production.