How low can you go?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by BOSS, Apr 25, 2024.

1. BOSS

BOSS TBD

105 lbs is ridiculous. I could never watch anything below 126lbs. It feels incredible weird watching adult men who are 105 pounds fighting. I'm sure some posters like the Cambodian Kneel don't mind since they come from a nation full of malnutritioned and tiny people but to me it's just wrong. Could you watch 95 pound men fighting then? 85 pound? At what point is it just wrong and creepy? I don't wanna watch any fight where the referee in order to get fighters to behave could literally say one more time and I'll put you over my knee and spank you...

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I'll watch anything. I have more love for the lower weight classes now than I had in my youth. I became a hardcore boxing junkie in the late 90s (was still a casual before that, but i mainly only watched Roy and Mike), I would say up until the mid-00s I was like you, I didn't care about anything below 126.

Nowadays, I would say maybe 65% of the old fights I rewatch on YT are 126 and below.

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Just Admit You're a LAZY Ass Boxing Fan, It's Fine:Dont:...

To the Naked Eye, You COULDN'T Tell Random 105/108'ers from 122/126'ers...

REED:afro:

4. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft "Twinkle Toes" McJack

If it's violent, I'll watch it.

5. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Yeah I don't discriminate although I do feel like lower weight fighters have better technique, throw more punches and hold less. Which for me translates to more entertaining and artistic fights.

6. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Agreed a 100%. 126 is pretty much my lower limit, bar some exceptions. Watching men that weight even less than even the tiniest girl i ever encountered is simply uninteresting for me

7. Jesus of montreal

Disagreed completely. Most midget fights always emd up being a punch o thon, without much technique or power. The talent pool is very low imo, which is why in the diaperweights, you see a lot of thai boxer and kickboxers crossing over to boxing and having success or becoming champion after only a few years (which almost never happens at higher weight).

George Crowcroft likes this.
  8. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    there's the guys who are short, but then others who are average height but deliberately emaciate themselves 24/7 in order to be at a low weight

Corales pissed me off with that

9. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft "Twinkle Toes" McJack

In fairness to that last point, I think there are two other factors in why it never happens at heavier weights, those being that there's nowhere near as many good, heavy Thai Boxers and Kickboxers as there are boxers, and that it's much more forgiving to make technical mistakes against a twink than a tank.

I'm pretty sure the heaviest Thai fighter who crossed over and did well who I can think of it's Saensak Muangsurin who won the title at 140 in his third fight.

Xplosive likes this.
  10. Jesus of montreal

Your first point is not really true. There's ton of thai boxers and kickboxers outside asia (holland comes to mind)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
  11. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    What percentage of grown men in the world weigh less than 126 lbs?

Yet they get divided into six weight divisions below featherweight. 24 world titles up for grabs for less than 10% of the population.

While most adult males would be fighting at 160 & above. I'd say 75% of grown men are 160 & above. Only four divisions (16 belts) above 160 for that many people.

12. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

More accurately, I'd ask how much of the male population in countries with a boxing tradition could weight below 126? Definitely not a big share I'd say and your 10% guess seems appropriate to me. No matter what boxing snobs might say, the deepest talent pool is without a doubt between 122 and 168. Doesn't mean they aren't exceptional talents in smaller weight classes, and guys like Inoue, Bam or Donaire and Lopez are (were) definitely must watch tv.

And true, it's pathetic how much the talent is diluted in those lower weight classes with all those meaningless 3 and 4 lbs weight differences. Definitely would be more interested in the smaller weight classes without the billion world champions

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  13. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    The best or second best boxer on the planet began at 108lbs. Pacquaio began at 112lbs. Did these guys become more entertaining to watch when they gained weight?

Inoue still ain't worth watching apparently because he's yet to reach the 126lb barrier

REEDsART and Xplosive like this.
  14. Xplosive

Eder Jofre, Ruben Olivares, Wilfredo Gomez, Jung Koo Chang, Ricardo Lopez, Carlos Zarate, Khaosai Galaxy..

All a bunch of talentless feather fists!

15. Jesus of montreal

Your lack of reading comprehension is truly troubling

16. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    The brothers dim seem to he arguing the talent pool is less in lighter divisions because there are less humans that size

What these frog faggets fail to realize is that a much higher percentage of that talent pool equipped athletically to box goes into the sport. Due in large part to the fact that there aren't alternative avenues for them in other sports. What the fuck they gonna do, become a jockey?

17. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Didn't knew Kneel was a small Cambodian lol. Not too surprising on second thought as it explain his whole inferiority complex on all things French. Kind of sad actually but fit his pathetic and cowardly personality to a t. Generations after generations of Neil's worthless ancestors blaming the French for their inevitable shortcomings instead of acknowledging the obvious truth that they are insignificant trash. No surprise it made such a strong impression on little pea brained, unambitious Neil

BOSS likes this.
  18. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

Yep. I just like watching fights of any kind where both combatants are skilled and willing, the rest don't matter much.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  19. Jesus of montreal

Yep. Neil comes from a long lineage of whores, pedophiles and cocksuckers

BOSS likes this.
  20. Boxingfan25

Boxingfan25 Undisputed Champion

Im fat and old but when I watch those little guys fight I think "i would fuck them up one on one" but then I start thinking no theyre professional prize fighters no way a normal dude with a dad bod and cheesepuff stains on his shirt is going to beat these guys. I think these little guys would knock you the fuck out. I really do. And they would fuck me up too. I know.

21. Boxingfan25

Wait hes cambodian?

22. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

LOLs.gif

BOSS likes this.
  23. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:

you think?
    even if they lose the fat and dehydrate to make weight?

24. Xplosive

My comprehension is fine. In your statement, you said that "most" (not even some, most) midget fights are punch-a-thons that lack technique and power. That's categorically false.

The lower divisions (105-122) have produced some of the most technically proficient and biggest punching P4P fighters in the sport's history and some of the most brutal/violent fights in the sport's history. No outlier examples either. There are a PLETHORA of examples. There's actually MORE devastating punchers that I can name from 115-118 than I can from 135-140.

You spouted a tired and inaccurate lower weight class stereotype.

25. Jesus of montreal

Anecdotal evidences. Facts are that historically the ko percentage tends to be lower in the lower classes, and more punches are thrown

26. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Don't see how you can be a real fight fan and not appreciate lower weight classes.

27. Boxingfan25

I enjoy watching the little guys as much as the bigger guys but I have to agree with you, when I watch little guys fight my first thought is its gonna be lots of leather flying for 12rds. Hardly ever do I expect a knockout. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble who thinks otherwise but in fighting size does matter.

Jesus of montreal likes this.
  28. BOSS

BOSS TBD

That makes no sense. That's like saying I don't see how you can be a real straight man and not fuck everyone. Nothing wrong with having a preference

Jesus of montreal likes this.
  29. Jesus of montreal

Yep, and the stats proves it. Claiming otherwise by pointing out some outliers is as convincing as using Ann Wolfe as a counterpoint to the fact that men are stronger than men (in other words, absolutely laughable).

And another thing that i've realised along the years, is that quite a few lower weight fans are offended when some boxing fans say they don't appreciate these weights. Puzzling to me

Boxingfan25 likes this.
  30. Jesus of montreal

And to come back to the original point of the thread, would you watch a midget boxing match Double??