Antonio Margarito & his team making fun of Freddie Roach's Parkinson's

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Erratic, Nov 10, 2010.

1. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Mosley would have raped him regardless.

I think Plasterito looking like shit had a lot more to do with him not having his magic wraps than having a bad camp, hahaha.

2. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    margarito was referred to as the 'tijuana torta' prior to his bout with mosley.

3. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

No, but he never faced a 'world class' guy with a 60% KO percentage against. Hell, I don't know how many guys with a winning record he's even faced.

4. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Maybe, maybe not. I read reports well before the hand wrap scandal that Margarito had been living large after the Cotto fight and spent most of the Mosley camp cutting weight.

It's the main reason I won't automatically assume he's been cheating his entire career without any proof.

5. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Yeah, it wasn't like he didn't hit Mosely or fatigued quickly. He couldn't budge Shane with clean punches. That ain't a bad camp. That seems more like a reduction in power.

Everyone can do their own math.

6. mexican wedding shirt

You don't have to automatically assume, you can just use common sense and ask yourself, would Mosley really be the first time he loaded his gloves? Really? Not against Tall Paul, not against Cotto, but against 40 year old Mosley who he was a clear favourite to beat?

Plasterito has probably been doing it for years. Probably why he has shown no remorse too, it's normal for him.

And there are always "living large" reports for fighters, including Cotto. Plasterito looked in normal shape for Mosley.

7. mexican wedding shirt

Yep, Plasterito came forward, tried to bully Mosley around and land lots of punches as per normal.

The difference is, Mosley is strong and was on form in that fight, he wouldn't be denied, refused to be bullied.

Plasterito's punches with normal wraps had no effect, and he was taking WAY more shots than normal because his opponent wasn't having to cower in fear of his concrete gloves.

8. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I don't know. And neither do you. I can just as easily say team Margarito knew they were looking like shit and schemed to come up with an edge as the Mosley fight approached. Who knows what happened.

We do agree on one thing, though. Margarito should be banned from boxing for even trying that shit once.

9. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Margarito fatigued quickly because he didn't have the plaster in his wraps and knew that he had to load up on his punches to get some power behind them....against Clottey, Cotto, Cintron he was just touching these guys and causing them to buckle a bit...

10. mexican wedding shirt

We don't know, but we have a pretty fucking good idea.

Cotto has taken lots of punches in other fights, against people that hit harder than Plasterito, and not even come CLOSE to the bloody mess that his face was in that fight.

Plus you've got fights like the Lujan fight and the general way that people react to his offense, given that he doesn't seem to be a particularly hard puncher.

Although you're right we don't KNOW, it would be downright illogical and insane to think Mosley was the first time he loaded his gloves.

I agree on one thing though, this cunt should be permanently banned, and it's honestly put me off boxing quite a bit that he is even getting licensed.

Arum is a scumbag for making this fight happen, and I'm honestly surprised at Pacquiao for going along with it too.

11. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I'm not saying that Mosley was the first time. I'm just saying I don't know. It's just fucking discouraging to think that a guy can have 40+ fights and not ONE fucking corner man from the other camp would catch him in the act.

There's also video evidence of Margarito shaking hands with his wraps on in the ring after the Cotto fight. Not necessarily the actions of someone with something to hide. :crafty:

12. admin

admin has left the building

When did you know? I knew before the fight even happened. You probably read it on some Canadian paper 3-days ago. Do they even have color TV up there in that shit country.

Cupey

13. Newbraski

Newbraski <div style="font-weight: bold;font-style: italic;"

14. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I knew before the fight too. People were writing about it.

What's the matter with you?

15. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

This. Except that Manny hits him so hard Marg soils himself. Then takes a 10 count curled up in the featal position alternately weeping and soiling himself again and again.

16. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Garcia is right about one thing....Pacquiao has been KO'ed by a BODY SHOT...and Margarito is a hell of body puncher...:NotThink:

17. mexican wedding shirt

When he was a weight drained flyweight. Not particularly relevant, to be honest.

18. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

That, and it was a clear dive.

19. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Exactly...

Garcia's CLINGING to that as if Manny HASN'T Been Hit w/a Body Shot Since...As if Manny has a 'Glass' Body or Something....& Besides that, How Well did Margarita TAKE Bodyshots vs. Sugar Shane???....

REED:giggle:

20. StingerKarl

StingerKarl Ace Degenerate

He is so much bigger than Manny, Carlos may have a point here.

Margarito should be hooking to the body and Manny had best move, punch and get out and slide around this guy or he may be in big trouble.

Manny will need to fight the fight of his life to win, IMO.

Karl

21. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I guess 24/7 is working on me....because i don't think this will be an easy fight for Pacquiao....

Most people are underestimating Margarito aggression, work-rate, and chin...

and in his fight against legit Welterweights...Pacquiao has come out of those fights bruised...Cotto was done by round 5-6 and Clottey well he was CLottey covering up...Margarito won't stop coming forward.

and then there is the Mayweather groupies rjjrp4p#1 who know it will be a tough fight and is trying to make it sound like it will be a walk in the park..just to discredit Pacquiao later on..."ohh Pacquiao was being tag by Margarito, he won't be able to deal w/ Mayweather accurate punches"...."Pacquiao did look so hot vs. Mayweather grandson..."..etc...etc...

22. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I think him looking like shit mostly had to do with Shane simply being a much better fighter.

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Focus on Margarito's LACK Of Speed AND Defense, vs. Pac's RIDICULOUS Hand Speed, Mobility, Accuracy AND Power, Brother 'Luminati...Margarito's Workrate & Aggression will Work AGAINST him juST as Ricky Hatton's Did...U Don't IMPOSE Your Size on Pac, You SKILLFULLY Dissect him, as Marquez did...

Granted, Margarito is MUCH Bigger & Durable than Hatton, but he'll Meet a SIMILAR Fate....Roach Predicted "...Inside of 8", so REED See's Pac in 7, After a SEVERE Beatdown...Margarito will APPEAR to B Competitive EARLY, but he's Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Tooooooooooooo SLOW & EASY TO HIT to Beat Manny Pac....

REED:mj:

24. Victory

Victory Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    Margarito is underratedly live imo.

Am actually a bit worried for Pacman here. Margarito will keep on coming forward during the fight. He'll absorb the incoming of course, but he'll also try to get physical with Manny, lean on him, pin him to the ropes, work the body, everything to slow him down...

My worry largely has to do with Pacman's conditioning. He better not tire. Because based on what we've been hearing about the allegedly sub par quality of his preparation for this fight, if he gasses while Margarito is still pouring on the heat, then he's in trouble.

I hope I'm wrong though.

25. admin

I don't think it will take many adjustment for Margarito to win. I think he will need to stay very close to pacquiao and try to work him to the body in close quarters. He should do some clinching and put his body weight on Pacquiao to wear on him. On the outside Margarito isn't fast enough to protect himself from Pacquiao's counters. Margarito should look to counter with big shots early. Bombs. But just one big shot and move. Anything more than a 2-punch combination opens him up to Pacquiao counters. Margarito's victory will come later on when Pacquiao isn't at full strength and he gets stronger. Not to say that Pacquiao weakens that much, but Marg is hot after 6.

Cupey

26. admin

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nSkyL1p5ssI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nSkyL1p5ssI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

27. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Even the other people in the room are disgusted.

28. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Really? All I see are a bunch of giggling idiots in the background.

29. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

The guys behind Tony look uncomfortable to me. :lol:

30. admin

I noticed that the guy on the door wasn't smiling either LOL