Adonis vs Dmitry Sukhotsky

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Jesus of montreal, Oct 27, 2014.

1. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Agreed, I reckon Hopkins finding a way to quit is more likely than him getting stopped legit.

2. SilentNight

SilentNight Undisputed Champion

Im not talking about you your opinion is valid and thought out and I didn't for a second think you said otherwise.

You are one of the good, respectable posters on the forum.

I'm mostly talking about the loudmouths here that constantly run their mouths and drown out all the decent posters that rarely post here(I wonder why).

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  3. SilentNight

Right.

So you'd think despite being totally not receptive and outright vitriolic towards other people's opinions you'd do the thinking part before you blatantly antagonized other users.

But that probably requires having an ego that is befitting of a normal, healthy adult.

4. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Yeah, I'd be real surprised if Hopkins actually gets properly stopped or KO'd

5. loadedgloves

loadedgloves "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Kovalev has never gone a full 12.. could be interesting if Hopkins manages to hang in there until late (not that Hop has the same stamina he used to, himself)

Semi-related note, it's pretty amazing to consider that Hopkins is older than Mike Tyson AND Terry Norris

6. mexican wedding shirt

You're arguably the most vitriolic poster here, while simultaneously having a victim mentality, and being a big bunty.

If you dislike Fightbeat, why do you continue to post here?

7. SilentNight

That's outright silly.

I have let way more go than I perhaps should have solely because at the end of the day it's the internet and life goes on, but I've been constantly provoked and personally insulted without provocation and almost never, if ever respond to it in anything less than a civil manner.

And as I've stated, I actually post a lot less than before, following in line with most of the other good posters(JIMMY, Godfather, Noble, TKO, Slice, loadedgloves, lb 4 lb) to name a few.

I think, as a whole FB generally has a neat community partially lessened by a vocal minority of self-important
    narcissists and a little lowercase spamming misanthrope with a Napoleon complex.

I've also never played the victim card other than being slightly incredulous to his frequently and loosely the term "troll" is thrown around.

In this particular case it wasn't even about me. I was defending JoM who is another quality, respectful guy.

8. mexican wedding shirt

Your posts are all too frequently lambasting Fightbeat regulars for being stupid and immature, in an effort to make yourself feel better.

9. SilentNight

No they aren't?

10. SilentNight

There are only 2 posters on this entire forum I genuinely dislike, the rest, even with their quirks are tolerable at minimum.

I think even Irish is a decent guy and poster despite his intentional race baiting....again...seems more in line with genuine trolling than me for example, who has the extremely controversial opinions of being a diehard for the two best fighters of this generation and disliking East European sluggers.

11. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

When JoM, or you, or any other retard, can show me where I said Benn or Eubanks or Calzaghe was an all-time-great, you might have a point. You won't, so you don't.

In fact, the only person I ever recall saying Calzaghe was an all-time-great was Hut, so who knows what that means?

MTF

12. meetthefeebles

As to Kov v Hopkins, I genuinely think that Hopkins might win the fight. Kov is unproven but exactly the kind of crude, power puncher who Hops stinks his way to a decision against. I hope I'm wrong, because I hate the racist old bastard. But I think he'll win a decision.

MTF

13. mexican wedding shirt

Kov is exactly the sort of 1 dimensional fighter that Hopkins dominates, but surely this is the one time where that won't happen.

Nard is too old, and Kovalev is too powerful and ferocious.

14. SilentNight

I don't give a damn about that. I was referring to your lambasting him for a fairly neutral comment on an imaginary boxing match...as well as blasting him for being a fan of Adonis Stevenson.

15. SilentNight

:bears:

16. meetthefeebles

I cannot wait to see you show me where I 'blasted him for being a fan of Adonis Stevenson'.

MTF

17. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

To me that's the biggest thing. There's pretty much nothing Hopkins doesn't know about boxing at this point so there is potentially a lot of tricks and traps he could set up Kovalev hasn't ever dealt with. I think Kovalev should still win it as even though he's a banger, he doesn't tend to load up on punches and wait around.

18. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I get what you're sating, but Meetthefeebles is a proven idiot. He's not an accurate representation of the average poster of fightbeat.

Though I agree that a vocal minority on this site tend to react strongly to anyone who disagree with them on mythical matchups.

19. meetthefeebles

I think Kovalev is better than just a crude power puncher. He's skilled and hits like a motherfucker. But it is speed and volume of punching that does for 'Nard, rather than single shot power. That's how Calzaghe whipped him into a quitting, cowardly cunt. Like I say, I hope I'm wrong, because I would literally keel over laughing if Kov landed a bomb and sparked that cheating, bitter, 'I'll never lose to a white boy' cunt cleanly out. I'm just far from convinced he will.

MTF

20. meetthefeebles

I'd imagine Hopkins will crowd Kov, hug a lot, throw a bunch of nut shots and headbutts in and generally deny Kov room to throw. I hate Hopkins - he's an absolute cunt - but he keeps winning because he is fundamentally sound enough to see off the leap amateurs knocking around nowadays. If Kov is the goods, he'll work round it. If not, he'll look fucking hopeless.

MTF

21. meetthefeebles

To repeat - you are literally the stupidest person on this board. Your low opinion of me means absolutely fuck all.

MTF

22. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Other than the hand speed difference I think a big factor was Nard not being able to make Slappy tentative. Hopkins biggest strength (especially in his later years) is being able to dictate the pace of the fight. If he can get his opponent's output to drop and make them think too much he's created a massive advantage for himself. If Kovalev just hits him everywhere and doesn't worry about trying to land especially eye-catching blows Hopkins will be in big trouble.

23. SilentNight

Apologies if I'm wrong but I took you calling him the stupidest person on the forum a direct response to his feelings on the Stevenson-Kovalev matchup.

24. mexican wedding shirt

He does let his hands go for a puncher, that's for sure. I think that's one of the reasons he's so beastly and effective, so far people have found it impossible to deal with the steady barrage of big, meaty power shots coming their way.

25. mexican wedding shirt

That's very true, but I think part of it was Slappy Joe kind of had Nard's number in other ways. Punch output and willingness to throw obviously, but also footwork and use of distance. Joe managed distance very well, closing distance to punch, and getting away fast when necessary, anticipating hugs etc. Slappy Joe is also decent inside, doesn't get mauled, pushes off pretty well.

I know most people disagree with me, but I honestly think prime for prime Slappy Joe beats Hopkins, he just has a very good style against him.

26. Jesus of montreal

Incredible how HBO managed to convince people that Calzaghe won easilly against Hopkins. The slapper was mostly ineffective all night long, and hopkins landed by far the clearest harder punches. Hell, even in the round that Hopkins supposedly ''attempted'' to quit, was won clearly by hopkin.

It was a reasonably close fight, but no way was it the decisive calzaghe victory that most on this site has it. The press row had hopins winning

27. mexican wedding shirt

Slappy simply outworked and got the better of Hopkins for 9 rounds, after getting dominated for the first 3. Hopkins knew it too, that's why he bitched up and tried to get Slappy Joe disqualified.

And at the time, I was far more of a Hopkins fan than Calzaghe, I was rooting hard for Nard.

28. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

While I agree with the first paragraph I don't think Calzaghe beats a prime Hopkins.

29. Jesus of montreal

you should really rewatch the figh.

Their is simply no way that Joe won the last 9 rounds.

Just watch the 10th round for example, this is a clear hopkins round (start at about the 37 minutes)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oxhs_Sja6g

It shows that your scorecard is pretty much rubbish

30. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

I don't think anybody is going to bother watching that shit again.:lol:

The only good thing about it was that one of them had to take one in the loss column. One of the most unfortunate things in boxing is how Slappy retired with a '0'.