Adrian Broner...

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by ILLUMINATI, Sep 4, 2014.

1. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Actually that is true. It's the only thing he does that's at all impressive to me. Untelegraphed and fast.

The funny thing is, he IS a very basic fighter, despite how hard he tries to be like Floyd.

2. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Are you joking? He attempts to counter off the ropes, throw lead left hooks, shoulder roll, etc and he's awful at each of those things... None of them are basic techniques

3. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    good 12th round.

4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I'll give Broner this much credit: lots of guys who talk as much shit as he does have boring/safe first styles. Broner at least has an exciting style and likes to FIGHT.

5. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I'll give Broner this. He is willing to fight anybody and he does stand in there and brawl.

Broner vs Matthyssee will be entertaining for however long it lasts.

6. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I like watching him fight. He doesn't clinch and will stand and trade. He definitely loves boxing always at the fights.

7. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Broner only semi-annoying for his standards...

8. SilentNight

SilentNight Undisputed Champion

I don't think Showtime is correct at all on that. You have to be fully standing to not get counted out. In the act of getting up does not mean you are up.

9. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I want to see Broner vs Garcia regardless of the outcome of Broner vs Mathyssee.
    :crafty:

10. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    basically the half second or full second of being on your knee is gonna make fuckall of a difference. boxers are taught to get up at 8. anything after that and youre on some questionable shit

11. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

i agree and it will end up with broner on his back. dont really understand why his team is aiming for that unless they want to build matthysse as a mayweather jr foe

12. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Broner is not very good.

13. Xplosive

Broner gets hit with too many left hooks for me to like his chances against Garcia. Garcia has the better chin, and is a much bigger puncher. Broner would lose, but he'd fight him like a man though, and it'd be an exiting fight.

14. Xplosive

Yeah, I have no clue how that fight ends well for Broner.

He could barely deter Taylor tonight. How he's gonna hold off Lucas, I have no idea.

Matthysse is gonna hammer him.

15. Xplosive

SHowtime made waaayyyy too big of a deal out of it. Lucas was backing up Ortiz from the jump, and his power was showing it's affect from the first round. Ortiz wasn't going to survive much longer.

16. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    the way Broner fought tonight should result in his picking up fans, just like how he fought well in his loss to Maidana.

"THE PROBLEM" is....

Once he gets on Instagram and Twitter running his mouth and acting like a fool he'll chase those newly minted fans off.

17. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

i dont follow broner on twitter and i dont fuck with instagram so if he fights ill watch him. because he comes to fight even if he is outgunned. guy is entertaining

18. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Gee, you think. :lol:

They could both rock beards at the weigh in and act all WORLD STAR! and people would get behind it :lol:

19. Xplosive

How does Peterson act "world star"? Peterson is relatively soft spoken. I wish they weren't friends, it'd be a good fight. And based on the trouble Taylor just gave him, I think Peterson would win.

20. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Peterson used to live in car. Plus he has a pellet in his thigh. Plus he has the beard.

I think Broner would shade it over 10, 12 is dicier.

21. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    I don't either but you know as soon as he does something stupid on either someone will post it here.

22. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

He bleck

23. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    No he's not...he's a humble kid who grew up in a car and is a REAL AMERICAN, because a REAL AMERICAN will do what it takes to WIN. Like COACH told him..."Diss is ur house you done let nobody come in here"....and Peterson went out there and fought like a Soulja....and Khan couldn't live with him.

Fucking stooges. Fakes. Bums. "Real Craftsmen...." :lol: Get a grip, springroll

24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

WORLD STAR!!!!...

[​IMG]

REED:boohoo:

25. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    WORLD STAR!!!!!

[​IMG]

26. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I believe this too. In amateurs the ruling has always been that you have to be able to take a boxing stance (usually by keeping your hands up) before the count is completed. So if the guy lifts his knee at 9, chances are that he won't make it and will thus be knocked out.

I don't think the rules of professional sanctioning bodies say anything about this though so it is up to the ref to decide when the fighter is "up". I guess since there is nothing in the rules about this, most refs rule that up is the opposite of being down, meaning that as soon as only your shoes touch the canvas, you are up

27. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Actually that's a good point. If having a knee or indeed a glove brushing the canvas constitutes a knockdown, the opposite should hold true. As long as only your shoes are on the canvas, you should technically be considered "up".

28. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I don't care what the outcome was last night......Ortiz could've KO'd Matthysee in 1 round......whatever.....Lucas Matthysee will fuck the life out of Broner...Lil bro thought Maidana was a problem...? that was nothing considering the beating Matthysee will lay down...

29. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

My thoughts on these fights

Berto-Upshear

Berto finally did 2 things I've been saying he needed to do years before he even suffered his first loss. 1.) Drop some muscle (although I felt he should do it to go down a division) 2.) Get a real trainer and actually learn the sweet science instead of relying on physical talent. I was shocked to see Berto actually slip some punches at one point. Berto seems to have improved on his skills, however I don't know how much it helps him. He still looks chinny as hell and doesn't seem to pack much pop anymore. He got extremely lucky he was in with a guy who was mentally not in the fight whatsoever, because the few times that kid opened up you could see his punches would affect Berto and I got the feeling had Upshear fought up to his capabilities he would have stopped Berto. Meanwhile Berto's punches didn't seem to affect Upshear at all other than producing some minor swelling.

Broner-Taylor

Broner is a player in the division but I think even he is starting to realize he isn't Floyd anymore and starting to fight his own way which is kind of like a less acurate, less defensive, less skilled version of Floyd; It seemed he pretty much dispensed with the shoulder roll. I don't really know what Broner's advantages as a boxer are at this point. His power is below average to average, he's too stationary and easy to hit, and even his hand speed isn't all that great. He's got heart and seemed to be a bit more humble then usual after the fight and came across a bit less of an ass as usual. He just needs to figure out who Adrien Broner the boxer is, because he sure as hell ain't Floyd Mayweather.

Floyd Mayeather Sr

Why is this guy such an underrated/under used trainer? I actually think both Berto and especially Broner would be wise to hire Sr as their trainer. Both guys could use an infusion of defensive technique and I don't think there is a better guy in boxing to teach that, even though Sr's health issues could pose a problem.

The 10 count

I felt the ref shouldn't have been so black and white about the rules. He should have taken into account that the fighter was waiting to get up at a certain point, so why not make a judgement call and let the fight go on? People paid good money to see this shit, and nobody wants a questionable result to the ending of a fight like that. Yeah, we got a winner but all the ref wound up doing was causing a controversy.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014