Ahhh.... it has begun.... the stupidity of casual fans...

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Xplosive, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

unless you are a dlh lover or a PBF hater, there was no way he won that fight. It was close but clear

2. Jesus of montreal

to be honest, RJ career is far from beyond reproach, and his avoidance of DM was terrible also. Yeah DM wasn't much of a threat, but he should have fought him when he was the only decent challenge at LHW

3. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

It was not clear

4. Jesus of montreal

it wasn't the clearest fight ever, but I rebember thinking that even a draw for DLH would be pushing it. Still, this made me think that a prime DLH probably beats a prime PBF

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

50-50 Blame in the Roy-MichalSHITski Situation...

REED

6. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Yet it was 99-1 blame in the Floyd-Pac situation?

Boooooolsheeeeeeeet!

7. Destruction and Mayhem

REED,

Exactly when should Floyd have fought Shane? What year and instead of what fights for both men?

"Shorter guys with shorter arms"...GTFOH with that bullshit! Ray Robinson made a name for himself fighting Lamotta, Olsen, Fulmer and Basilio. I don't hear you complaining. A man can only fight who's available at the time. And guess what, Floyd has fought at least four guys (off the top of my head) that were taller than him.

To be honest with you....Floyd challenging Oscar at 154lbs...destroys your entire argument about him being a cherry picker. That was a bladdy dangerous fight for him and quite unnecessary. Not only was Oscar taller, with a longer reach, he was also naturally bigger, far more powerful and a legit great fighter.

You're willfully blind my brother. You know what I think is going on with you....I think you resent the fact that Floyd has accomplished what Jones promised to. I can understand that. In the height of my Roy Jones fandom I was mad as hell when Sugar Shane was getting all the accolades and Jones was ignored....considering that Jones was always a much better fighter than Shane. I also hated the fact that Oscar was "promoted" to P4P #1 over Jones after Jones was DQ'd against Griffin. Both those things pissed me off so I can relate to why you now feel resentful for Floyd.....who is similar to Jones in many ways (master boxer, hardly loses rounds, virtuoso etc) and is seen from an ATG perspective as greater than Roy...especially now that Roy has all but pissed away his legacy. I get it. I feel your pain. But don't let that pain cloud your vision and stop you from recognizing the top 10 all time talent of the one they call "TBE".

Peace.

8. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Yeah I know. Mayweather-Canelo was a majority decision for Mayweather, but we all know it wasn't really. The rounds were competitive and tightly contested in the De La Hoya fight but Floyd clearly took more than six. Clear but competitive victory.

9. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Lol come on man, Floyd fighting Oscar was not "unnecessary", Oscar was the cash cow and ultimately that was the fight which made Floyd a crossover star. Without Oscar there is no "Money Mayweather".

For the record I think Floyd indeed has a top 10 boxing IQ. I don't think there's anything that guy could be taught boxing wise, if we are talking strictly technique. I think fighters like Jones were more talented physically though.

10. Destruction and Mayhem

What I meant was....I thought at the time that fighting him was unnecessary. It was an "all in" play. It worked out for him, sure, but at the time I was thinking that he may have bitten off more than he could chew.

Jones was definitely more talented physically; Jones was a FREAK! Floyd though as you said had a top boxing IQ. He could adapt to anything.

11. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Exactly.
    And lol at the constant hyping of DLH as a dangerous foes. DLH at the time was clearly on the decline and was more interested in snorting coke. He was nothing more than a part time fighter. Only a few DLH lovers were interested in that fight. Didn't even bother to watch it since the result was such a foregone conclusion <!-- edit note -->
    Good catch. I probably was projecting my impression of that fight upon others, cause I pretty much cease to view DLH as a credible fighter after the Hopkins debacle (as seen in the thread you posted, lol). But to be honest, a lot of those that picked him were DLH nuthuggers and considering how the rest of DLH career went after that fight, it's hard to claim he was a dangerous opponent when PBF faced him

it was obvious I was referring to the interest among hardcore boxing fans

nah man, Boxing fans didn't really care about that fight. Or at the very least, DLH wasn't the guy most wanted to see PBF fight at the time.

[no, it wasn't a close and competitive fight] It was a semi sham fight that looked more like a sparring session than anythng else.

unless you are a dlh lover or a PBF hater, there was no way he won that fight. It was close but clear

it wasn't the clearest fight ever, but I rebember thinking that even a draw for DLH would be pushing it. Still, this made me think that a prime DLH probably beats a prime PBF

For fuck's sake, would you shut the fuck up about the DLH/Floyd fight and move on. You obviously can't contribute anything worthwhile about the topic.

12. Jesus of montreal

:lol: this is grand, coming from a bouffon that never said anything worthwhile. As I can see, you're still too mentally challenged to correctly use the quote fuction :lol:

13. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I agree

14. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

What's grand is you thinking you have any ability to attack anyone in this thread. You look like a moron. By the end of this thread, you'll have Oscar winning against Floyd and it will be the most anticipated fight of your life.

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Roy-MichalSHITski Boiled Down to LOCATION...PERIOD...

Had DICK to Do w/Who the PROMOTER Was, BRAND NEW Drug Testing, Whose Shit was "Paid For" OR Who was "Their OWN Boss"...That Being Said, Floyd ABUSED Every Single 1 of The Aforementioned Reasons, to DUCK Pacquiao...Basically, Your Hero DUCKED a Sawed Off Asian, Sly...

PERIOD...

REED:hammert:

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Apparently, You're NOT REEDing REED's Posts @ All...

For the 50th Time, When Margarito, Cotto, Williams and MOSLEY were Facing Each Other, Floyd COULD have Faced Sugar Shane OR Any of the Other Aforementioned Fighters...Instead, Your Hero Face JM Marquez...Had Dude Move UP 2 Weight Classes, Then RENEGED on the agREED Upon Catchweight...

WHOthefuck Backs Out on a Catchweight w/a Dude Moving UP 2 Divisions???...

LaMotta, Olsen and Fullmer were MIDDLEWEIGHTS; Ray Robinson was a WELTER who Moved UP to Middleweight and Faced Them...Basilio was a Welter, but that's 1 of the 4 Names You REACHED For, So it's NOT Like You've Proven or Illustrated Anything by Referencing Robinson...

Nice Try Though...

How Many WELTERWEIGHTS has Floyd Faced that were Taller???...Please List 4 Taller WELTERS Floyd Faced, or Shut the Fuck Up...

You're REACHING to Blow Up DeLa, Just as You Did to Blow Up Shane, Before REED Presented him in PROPER Perspective...Here's the FACTS about DeLa; the Fight AFTER Floyd, Steve Forbes Went 12 Rounds w/Him...The Fight After THAT, Pacquiao Wiped his Ass w/DeLa...Dude's FINAL FIGHT was 2 Bouts AFTER he Faced YOUR Hero...

That Tells You ALL You Need to Know about How MUCH DeLa Had Left, when he Faced Floyd...

Your Whole Floyd-Roy Premise is BOGUS, Because (Again) Roy Faced BIGGER Men @ Lightheavy, Whereas Floyd CHERRYPICKED Shorter and Shorter ARMED Guys, Guys who MOVED UP to '47 or Guys Who were PAST their Best (& SHORTER) @ '47...

ONLY Thing REED "Resents" About Floyd is How LITTLE he Cares about the Sport WE Love, How LITTLE He Gives a Fuck about His Legacy, How He REPEATEDLY TALKS Tough Pre-Fight, Only to Perform Like a Beta-Male IN the Ring, How He WILLINGLY Allowed THE Biggest Fight of his Career to EXCEED it's Shelf Life and the Whole "Money May" Facade...

Has NATHAN to Do w/Roy Jones, Bruh...Roy's Dug His OWN Grave, and You DON'T See REED Blaming Anyone Else, Do You???...Take Notes and Hold Floyd, and Floyd ALONE, ACCOUNTABLE for the Way Boxing Fans Feel About HIS Impact on the Sport...

Or LACK Thereof, as the Case May Be...

REED:hammert:

17. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    What shouldn't be forgotten is Floyd wasn't serious about fighting pacquiao until AFTER Marquez left Pac face down and out on the canvas.

Prior to that he wasn't serious about the fight. Just like the MacGregor "fight" didn't really pick up until after we saw him get choked out.

18. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    :lol: because until then mayweather jr was apprehensive about facing him in a boxing match?

19. Destruction and Mayhem

On the contrary...apparently you're not REEDing the posts of The Sly One. If you're going to say that Robinson was a Welterweight that was taking on Middleweights, considering Robinson has move up to and acclimatized at 160lbs years before facing Fulmer and Olsen and the 5th time against Lamotta.....then I submit to you that Floyd was a Superfeatherweight taking on Welterweights. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

I'll try this again: JM Marquez was his first fight back after a layoff...taking a warm up fight is typical in boxing. Where is your outrage for Leonard coming back against Kevin Howard, Ali against Quarry and Tyson against McNeely?

And as for this taller WELTERS nonsense. Now you're creating a smaller box: welters only. Both Shane and Oscar are taller than Floyd for one thing (Oscar counts because he's Welter and above) and I think Canelo (again he counts) is listed as 5'9" if I'm not mistaken.

Again only Williams and Margarito did he not fight...and Margarito was irrelevant compared with a DeLa Hoya fight at the time (He wasn't as formidable either) and I seem to recall Williams moving up to 160lbs after beating Margarito unless I'm wrong (I;ll have to go back and research)

20. Jesus of montreal

That makes a lot of sense :lol: seems that as always you're a little bit confused my dear mike

21. Destruction and Mayhem

Just for REED...I did a year by year analysis of the Careers of Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather in order to gauge whether there is any merit to the notion that Floyd elected to avoid Shane until he had gotten "old".

In the voice of Jim Lampley (when he does his HBO fighter specials):

In 2002!

Mosley fights Vernon Forrest twice at 147lbs
    Mayweather fights Jose Luis Castillo twice in his first stints at 135lbs

In 2003!

Mosley fights Raul Marquez then Oscar De La Hoya at 154lbs
    Mayweather in just his 3rd and 4th fights at 135lbs facing Sosa and Ndou

In 2004!

Mosley fights Winky Wright TWICE at 154lbs
    Mayweather moves up to 140lbs and fights Corley

In 2005!

Mosley still at 154lbs and fights Estrada and Cruz
    Maweather still at 140lbs in just his 2nd and 3rd fights at that weight and fights Bruseles and Gatti

[still no realistic expectation for them to meet in the ring]

In 2006!

Mosley still at 154lbs fights Vargas Twice
    Floyd finally moves up to 147lbs and takes on the former undisputed champ, Zab Judah and then takes on the current lineal and undisputed champion, Baldomir.

[they are inching closer in weight, but no fight feasible yet]

In 2007!

Mosley takes on Collazzo and loses to Cotto
    Mayweather moves up to 154lbs for the big fight against Oscar and then fights Top 5 P4P fighter, undefeated Ricky Hatton who just stopped both Castillo and Tszyu

[no point fighting a Shane that lost to Cotto when you can fight an undefeated, highly touted top P4P fighter in Hatton]

Still 2007 is the first time a match between Mosley and Mayweather would have been feasible....but let's be real...De La Hoya and Hatton were more meaningful fights for Mayweather at the time and Mosley had business with Cotto anyway.

In 2008!

Mosley knocks out Mayorga
    Mayweather was inactive

In 2009!

Mosley fucks up Margarito
    Mayweather returns to the ring and has a warm up fight to shake off ring rust (as most fighters do)

In 2010!

After Fucking up Margarito Shane challenges Floyd
    After wining his warm up fight Floyd proceeded to dominate Shane and beat him like he stole something.

When you break it down, year by year....Floyd and Shane fought at the earliest possible realistic opportunity.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  22. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Yes, REED Can "Have it Both Ways", Because Floyd Had a Size ADVANTAGE in the Majority of his Welterweight Fights...

It's Actually SICKENING and SAD How LITTLE Logic You Use, in Regards to Floyd...You Afford Him EVERY SINGLE Benefit of EVERY SINGLE Doubt, 100% of the Time, Across the Fucking Board...

Spin it HOWEVER You Wish; Marquez Moving Up 2 Divisions and Floyd LYING about Meeting Him @ a Catchweight Is In No Way Analogous to Ali-Quarry, Leonard-Howard or Tyson-McNeely...Did Any of Those Comeback Opponents MOVE UP 2 Divisions to Face Ali, Leonard or Tyson???...Was there a Catchweight that was RENEGED On???...

Didn't Think So...

JM Marquez was a SHIT "Welterweight" Opponent, Period...And if You Weren't Seeing Life Thru Floyd Colored Glasses, This Would Be OBVIOUS to You...

REED Hasn't "Created" Any Boxes...From the Outset of this Debate, REED's Point of Contention has Been Floyd's WELTERWEIGHT Tenure and His CAREFUL Selection of Opponents Within that Division...REED's Been CONSISTENT as Fuck, Throughout...

FYI, Shane and Floyd were the SAME Height and Canelo was Clearly SHORTER...

REED:kidcool:

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

All You've Illustrated is Floyd Having a 3 YEAR Window to Face Shane, Before Getting Around to It...Consistent w/Him WAITING 5 Years Before Getting Around to Pacquiao and Several Years Before Getting Around to Cotto...

Floyd's "Breaks", "Inactivity", "Retirements", "Merchant Being MEAN to Him" HOWEVER You Wish to Categorize it, was NATHAN but Smoke Screens...

Everybody KNEW he'd Fight Again, and in the Interim, the Guys Fans were INTERESTED in Seeing Him Fight, Faced Each Other Instead...Only for Floyd to Resurface, Pick Up the Pieces, Defeat REMNANTS of Those Fighters and Boost his PROXY Win Total...

T.B.E., Baby!!!

REED:Crap:

24. Destruction and Mayhem

Haters gonna hate.

The yearly breakdown, skillfully communicated by me I might add, completely absolves Floyd of any guilt re a match against Shane. 3 year window my big black ass!

2007 was not feasible given the schedules of the two fighters. You don't duck Shane and go after De La Hoya. Shane scheduled to fight Cotto at the same time Floyd was scheduled to fight Hatton.

2008 wouldn't have been feasible either....even IF Floyd was active as Shane was coming off a loss to Cotto...and you fuckers would have been saying "Floyd only fights Shane after he has a loss".

2009 Floyd has a warm up fight while Shane was building back his brand.

2010 Shane's brand is rebuilt after destroying Margarito and Floyd takes him on.

Simple. Floyd didn't duck Shane at all.

25. Destruction and Mayhem

This "shit Welterweight" by the name of Marquez happened to knock Pacquiao the fuck out...something the following big fighters couldn't do:

Margarito
    De La Hoya
    Clottey

So get the fuck outta here with that shit. It's Sly time now! ;)

Besides...Marquez was a warm up fight anyway...so a man must be given some slack. After Marquez he went IMMEDIATELY to a Shane fight and then every successive Welterweight fight was against the top 147lb/154lbs challenge available at that time:

Victor Ortiz
    Miguel Cotto
    Robert Guerrero
    Canelo Alvarez

blah blah

Only knock against him, which I agree with you on, is that he should have fought Pacman sooner. But again...that was as much Pac's fault.

26. Destruction and Mayhem

27. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

Are you going to sit here and pretend that the JMM that knocked out PAC was not juiced to the gills?? Cmon man, you leave out huge details in all of your arguments.

28. Destruction and Mayhem

That's a whole other issue.

29. Jesus of montreal

One thing for sure though, it's that 3 of the 5 best names on PBF resume at 147 and over, had completely lost their fire when he faced them. Might be a coincidence, but I don't think it is, and it is why his decision to 'retire' when Margarito was a fearless wrecking machine is particuliarly vexing.

But to be fair to PBF, his resume at these weights is not completely worthless, and his win over Canelo is a hell of an achievement

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  30. Jesus of montreal

Not saying that he was ducking him back then, but when Mosley was at LW, him vs PBF was viewed as a superfight