Ahhh.... it has begun.... the stupidity of casual fans...

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Xplosive, Mar 28, 2017.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Floyd Could've SPARED Us All the Bullshit "Retirement", Because You, Him and the Boxing World KNEW his Ass was Coming Back...

And in Lieu of WASTING Our Time w/"Retiring", He COULD Have Faced Shane Mosley...

There's No 2 Ways About It...Shane was Good and RIPE, by the Time Floyd Faced Him...YOU Say Floyd "Didn't Duck Shane @ All", REED Says Floyd INTENTIONALLY Waited for More Chinks to Be Exposed in Shane's Armor, to Get Around to Fighting Him...

Clear Case of CHERRYPICKING, Which Constitutes the BULK of Floyd's Reign @ '47...

REED:Crap:

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

When You're a SHILL for Mayweather, You Leave Details Out...Marquez's Body NEVER Looked that Way Before or Since and he ALWAYS Gave Pacquiao Fits Anyways...

Besides All That, Pac WASN'T a Welter Either...SUCCESS Against Welters Doesn't MAKE You a Welter, Just As Roy Jones Beating Ruiz DIDN'T Make him a Heavyweight...

REED:Crap:

3. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Yo, i wished Floyd didn't take a break then either. However it is unfair to judge him for that. Sometimes a guy just needs a break for whatever reason. Perhaps he temporarily lost motivation? Perhaps he was sick of the criticism. Perhaps after making all of that money and dedicating himself to his craft for so long he just wanted to chill and spend time with his kids. We can't just assume that he retired so that he could duck Shane Mosley...lol. Did Marciano retire just so he didn't have to fight Patterson and Liston? Did Hagler retire just to avoid Nunn and Benn? We shouldn't project our desires into the reasons for why a man retires. We should take them at their word. Floyd took a break for almost two years because he felt he needed it IMO. I mean at the time he had won titles in 5 weight classes culminating in defeating the cash cow, de la Hoya. I'd lose motivation momentarily too if that was me.

Be reasonable, REED. Concede to the superior logic of The Sly One and reject these unfounded conspiracy theories created by the mindless haters.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

It's All Toooooo CONVENIENT, Sly...

After Beating DeLa, then Hatton, Floyd was Officially ON TOP of the Boxing World and his MAINSTREAM Appeal Kicked In...Next Thing You Know, He was On "Dancing w/the Stars", Sitting Courtside @ High Profile Basketball Games, etc., the Type of Shit Superstar Athletes, A-List Celebrities and Pop Music Stars Do...

No Doubt, Floyd ARRIVED!!!...And REED Couldn't Have Been Happier for Dude @ the Time...But Then he Started BULLSHITTING the Boxing Public, Which was the Beginning of Floyd Falling OUT of Favor w/REED...

Point Being, When Floyd "Retired", it was a GIVEN he'd Return...And the FACT is, he Had a Multitude of VIABLE Options, @ '47...REED Isn't Old Enough to Recall if Boxing Fans Thought Marciano Would Come Out of Retirement or Not, but We KNOW that he Didn't...He STAYED Retired, Aside from the Computer Fight w/Ali...

Again, EVERYBODY KNEW Floyd's Retirement was Bullshit...He had JUST Reached the Level of Notoriety he Strived For his ENTIRE Life; No Way was He Going to Ride Off Into the Sunset After JUST Arriving...

Obviously, You're Reluctant to Say Floyd DUCKED Anybody...Fair Enough...But @ the VERY LEAST, You Have to Admit Floyd Took the EASY Way Out, by "Retiring" and Allowing Cotto, Mosley, Margarito and Williams to Face Each Other, in his Convenient Absence...And Taking the EASY Way Out Became a Recurring Theme for Floyd, Post-Hatton...

The TIMING, Bruh...The TIMING...REED Can't Give Floyd the Benefit of the Doubt in that Instance...

Sorry....

REED:Mot:

5. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Cool.

I'm not reluctant to say Floyd ducked anyone, per se. I don't think he ducked Pacquiao ...but I do agree that he's a lot to blame for the fight taking so fucking long to make. I also disagreed with him suddenly stipulating the drug test....and was pretty vocal in my criticism for him doing that. I think that's the only genuine "blot" on his record. But even then...his Father had a lot to do with that as you know. It was Floyd Snr who first came out talking about Pacquiao must be on drugs and that Floyd fighting him wont be fair...and that he didn't particularly want Floyd fighting him until he knew Pac was clean. So I agree in part with you on the Pacquiao situation. Where we disagree on that situation is that I happen to think that Manny was also too tough on the negotiations; pretending he's scared of needles and all that shit. It was 50-50 blame...because both were "rock stars" at the time and felt that they shouldn't be dictated to by the other.

However

He didn't duck Shane, Cotto, Margarito or anyone else. I think that's ridiculous. Mayweather didn't have a history of ducking fighters before his retirement, so we should give him the benefit of the doubt. And, as I said, when he came back he had ONE warm up fight (and JM Marquez is hardly a warm up) and then went right back into the mix..actually against Shane Mosley himself.

Seriously though....I may seem biased where Floyd is concerned but I'm actually objective, I really believe that Floyd lost some motivation after Oscar/Hatton and needed to get away from the sport for a while. Think about it...5 titles in 5 weight classes....many men have retired for less.