ALDO OUT !!!!! Mendes in.

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Anthony, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    That would have been a good plan for Aldo too, but he wanted to slug.

2. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Lie about having a bruised rib. Being cleared to fight and still pulling out is one thing, but completely fabricating an injury is another entirely.

3. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Well you cant really detect a bruised rib. You just have to do with xrays. NOW here is my thing. Aldo has come with some suspect x-rays now, showing his rib is broken and that is why he pulled out. Of course, these are all Brazilian doctors in Brazil. But my question is, if it was broken from the beginning, why not say that? Why give us those whole dance about bruised, may fight, etc?

Here is what i think happened:

I think Jose wanted to pull out and have the fight delayed enough time so he the fight could be make in Brazil. So they came up with this bruised rib scenario. A bruised rib is almost impossible to detect. Basically, if you have pain in your ribs and it starts to go away in a few days, it's a bruised rib. If it doesnt, it's probably broken. And of course, x-rays could have determined this right away. I think this because I believe Jose is juicing somehow. If you recall earlier, the doctors that were to administer the PED test to Jose got kicked out of Brazil before a blood test could be administered. Very suspect shit. I dont even know if Jose has ever gotten a blood test for this fight. So i think Jose wants the fight in Brazil where their rules indicate they have to go through Brazilian cleared doctors for the blood test. With a juiced up Jose, i think he would have then taken the fight. But when Dana announced it was for the interim title, Jose and his camp got pissed and freaked out. Now they had to come up with a good reason for the pull out and hence the broke rib with suspect x-rays.

4. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

So, you want to screw Mendes out of another chance to win the legit title if he beats McGregor. Who's being ridiculous? I'm surprised the UFC isn't doing it your way just in case, but there is nothing ridiculous about it even if you disagree.

I don't think reactionary means what you think it means.

5. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Americans always think every other country is corrupt except the USA. They can find doctors in Brazil to do the testing if their guys got kicked out. Do more than one if there are concerns. I'm sure there are plenty of qualified testers running around, though. Brazil is huge and there have to be guys certified to do Olympic testing there, soccer, etc.

6. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Brazil is notorious for PED use man. No reason for the doctor to get kicked out unless some suspect shit is going on. And that has nothing to do with America.

7. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Or maybe he actually had bruised ribs and couldn't train for a week during the most important part of his training camp.

That could happen, right?

8. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Yup. But now they are apparently broken. So i am asking why didnt he say that right away?

9. BOSS

BOSS TBD

This whole thing is probably Aldo coming off juice related. I bet you all Brazilian fighters take roids. Hell most fighters in general do but Brazil is a shady shady nation.

10. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Lol

Connor is not a name I use or type a lot
    I think it should be spelled Conner lol

11. mw314159

mw314159 Undisputed Champion

Mendes and Edgar both deserve title shots. McGregor not as much, but he's exciting and fun. Aldo already beat Edgar and Mendes (twice).

It would have been perfect to have McGregor fight Aldo and have Mendes and Edgar fight for the #1 contender spot. McGregor / Mendes is still a great fight. I'm worried that Mendes might win in a boring way because McGregor hasn't been training for a fight against a top wrestler. Aldo / McGregor would have been exciting no matter how it turned out.

12. LOK

Conner will whoop Mendez
    He would have whipped Aldo too.

Aldo no doubt pulled out cuz of juices. He is too chicken to fight without his juice and being in Brazil makes this very clear.

Brazil likes that juice.

Mendez is a top level wrestler so it poses a slightly different threat.

With Aldo, I was only really wondering how Conner would handle Aldo's nice low kicks, Conner is heavy on his lead leg to load up on those hook and spin kicks, I wonder how he'd handle Aldo's excellent leg kicks, that said Aldo likes to strike too and would have got hurt

Mendez will no doubt want to go to the ground but I think he thinks he can strike too so he's gonna get hurt, he'll get stunned then go down and Conner will pound him and they'll stop it.
    Mendez is a short ass shrimp and he's going up against a mclobster

13. mexican wedding shirt

But it's actually "Conor" ;)

14. mexican wedding shirt

"Chad" :lol:

15. LOK

This

Docs cleared him

He decided not to fight because of his little wittle ribs

The belt should be stripped from him and have Conner and Mendez fight for it not some interim bs

16. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Just because he is medically cleared to fight, doesn't mean he was able to put in all the training necessary. They don't consider how much training he missed to be in top form to even be able to compete on an even playing field with Conor. It's just right now he would be healthy to make a fight, but his training was probably far from perfect so it's understandable he opts out. There's a lot on the line in combat sports. A loss for a guy as unmarketable as Aldo is very bad news. So he wants to fight another day.

Of course fight fans now call him a chicken shit. It's ok if Mcgregga does it but everyone on here should hold it on this one or don't act like you care when something like Abdusalamov happens.

It's Business Aldo ain't scared of anyone. Hell even those bums think they could beat the best. Why in the world would Aldo be scared, this is fucking hilarious.

btw, gotta love Conor, the man is a promoter's dream:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I6_7aTrZzcc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Word just came out that the PED tester that was kicked out in Brazil before getting the blood sample was actually kicked out because someone in Jose's team called the police. The initial Urine was discarded and the WADA collector kicked out.

18. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Good Shit...

"The Notorious" Conor McGregor is on the Precipice of Being THE Next "Big Thing" in Sports...

REED:bravo:

19. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Fight is interesting as hell. Mendes at this point might give him a tougher fight than Aldo would have. He could rag doll him for 5 rounds and both guys probably can take the other one out with one shot. Mendes has great power when he connects flush and Mcgregor is not a defensive wizard. Highly exciting fight.

20. mw314159

mw314159 Undisputed Champion

All he has to do now is win. All the talking and self promotion won't matter if he loses. If he wins and keeps winning he'll be the most popular champ in the UFC.

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

agREED...

REED:hammert:

22. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Missing a week of training during the most critical part of his camp is huge. There is no way it wouldn't have impacted Aldo.

The idea that he is scared or spooked is insane. As I mentioned before, this dude has fought on 4 continents and fought the best guys in the division over the last 6-7 years. What the hell is going to scare him.

Mendes is a huge test for McGregor. Chad will be the fastest guy Conor has faced. And he will be by far the best wrestler McGregor has seen in an MMA fight.

23. mexican wedding shirt

I honestly think a big part of Conor's success so far, and him basically demolishing people, is his size.

He looks at least 5'9, and still fairly built. He is very big for the weight, he literally looks a weight class bigger than most of his opponents.

I expect Greggles to beat Chode Mendes.

24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

It's No Doubt a FACTOR, for Certain...More Importantly, from What REED's Seen of Mendes, he's a SMALL Dude...

25. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I've been trying to poke holes in McGregor's game and think about weaknesses that Mendes or Aldo would exploit. At the end of the day, I don't think it matters. I think this kid has that amazing confidence that just can't be rattled.

He's already mastered that Ali art of being just enough crazy mixed with just enough cocky while articulating both clearly in an entertaining fashion. Like Ali with Liston, McGregor is at that point where he is just psychologically beating the dog shit out of opponents.

There is the rational part of me that still contends that McGregor hasn't beaten a top featherweight yet or that he has avoided the great wrestlers in the division. But there's that other part of me that is absolutely guzzling this Irish fucking Kool Aid and has no doubt that Conor will clean out the division making great fighters like Mendes, Aldo and Edgar look ordinary in the process.

That's the appeal of UFC 189 to me despite the match up change.

26. Anthony

Motherfucker
    The thing with mcGreggor is that he is also a beast in the gym. He does all the right things when training. Everything including the promotion of the fight has been spot on so far.

27. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

There's Genuine BELIEF Behind McGregor's Words...SINCERITY...

To Him, it's NOT Even Shit Talk, he's Matter of Fact in STATING What Will Eventually Come to Pass...Just like Ali Was...

& Despite How Over-the-Top Some of McGregor's Remarks and Posturing Comes Across, it's Not a TURN OFF in the Way Some Other Shit Talkers have Been...

29. LOK

:bears:

30. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Multiple reports filed by officials of the National Center for Drug Free Sport to the Nevada State Athletic Commission offer more details regarding an unannounced drug test of UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo last month.The NSAC contracted Drug Free Sport to perform an out-of-competition drug test on Aldo while he was training in Rio de Janeiro. Aldo was scheduled to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 189 on Saturday in Las Vegas, but he has since withdrawn from the bout due to a rib injury.
    Due to several complications, an initial sample provided by Aldo on June 11 was discarded. The Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) tested Aldo again on June 12. That sample was analyzed at the Sports Medicine Research & Testing Laboratory in Salt Lake City and tested negative for any banned substances. It is the first time the NSAC has ordered and received an enhanced out-of-competition test in Brazil.
    According to collection reports filed by Drug Free Sport and obtained by ESPN.com, the company assigned collection responsibilities to Ben Mosier, its director of professional sports drug testing. Mosier is described as having conducted "thousands" of collections, including internationally, without incident.
    Prior to traveling to Brazil, Mosier was issued a 10-year VITEM II business visa. Drug Free Sport officials noted within the collection reports, "It appears now that a VITEM V [work visa] is required for such services."
    Mosier arrived in Brazil on June 10 at approximately 10 a.m. local time. At 1:29 p.m., Mosier attempted to contact Aldo's team to collect the sample. Aldo's coach,
    Andre Pederneiras, returned Mosier's call at approximately 1:51 p.m. and said he would attempt to locate Aldo. Efforts were unsuccessful, and Mosier and Pederneiras arranged for the test to be done the following day at 10:30 a.m. at Aldo's training facility.
    <aside class="inline inline-photo float-l"><figure><source data-srcset="http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0324%2Fmma_g_mcgregor_jv_1296x729.jpg&w=267, <a href=" http:="" a3.espncdn.com="" combiner="" i?img="%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0324%2Fmma_g_mcgregor_jv_1296x729.jpg&w=534&quot;" target="_blank"><figcaption class="photoCaption"><cite></cite></figcaption></figure></aside>Aldo, 28, arrived at the gym on June 11 at approximately 10:30 a.m., at which point a urine test was conducted. Pederneiras was not present for the collection, but another one of Aldo's trainers was and served to translate. A camera crew was also present during the collection process. All reports by Drug Free Sport note that Aldo was "very cooperative" during the process.
    As written in the reports, Aldo's second trainer stopped Mosier from processing the sample at approximately 11:15 a.m., due to a request he received from Pederneiras to be there to oversee it. Pederneiras arrived at the gym at approximately 11:30 a.m., at which point he contacted CABMMA to see if the Brazilian commission was aware of the test. Pederneiras has corroborated this in public interviews.
    At approximately the same time, an off-duty Brazilian federal police officer training at the gym confiscated Mosier's passport and informed him his visa allowed him to conduct business in Brazil, but not collect urine samples. Reports indicate CABMMA representative Christiano Sampaio arrived at the training facility and "halted the test, claiming the test was not being conducted in accordance to Brazilian MMA procedures."
    A local Brazilian doping control officer, who had been contacted to assist Drug Free Sport to ensure quality and coordinate the shipping of the sample, traveled to the gym and attempted to perform the test as a Brazilian resident. Sampaio reportedly informed Drug Free Sport chief operating officer Chris Guinty, however, that only a CABMMA collection officer would be allowed to collect the sample.
    At this time, the collected sample was discarded, as both Mosier and Aldo had lost contact with it. Under collection rules, both the athlete and collection officer must be in contact with the sample through the entire process.
    At 6:30 p.m., Brazilian immigration officials arrived at the gym to review Mosier's paperwork. Mosier was fined and given eight days to leave the country, but he was approved to monitor the collection process of Aldo's sample the following day.
    A second test was scheduled to take place at the gym on June 12, conducted by a CABMMA doping officer and monitored by Mosier. The test was scheduled to take place between 8:30-9 a.m.
    On June 12, Aldo did not arrive at the gym at the scheduled time. Drug Free Sport officials were informed Aldo was not present because he was at the U.S. embassy in Brazil, obtaining a visa required to travel to Las Vegas. Aldo arrived at the gym at 11:40 a.m.
    A previously scheduled shipping time of noon was changed to 2:00 p.m. After spilling one urine sample at 11:49 a.m., Aldo provided an adequate sample at 12:29 p.m., which was shipped to the lab at approximately 1:40 p.m.
    According to notes on more than one report, the CABMMA doping officer who conducted the test, requested an autograph and picture with the fighter upon the completion of the test. Aldo granted both requests.
    On June 12, Sampaio told MMAFighting the situation showed that various athletic commissions around the world could work together to "keep the sport clean." He also mentioned CABMMA "authorized Ben [Mosier's] presence to watch our collecting process."
    Last week, Guinty provided a statement to ESPN.com, defending Drug Free Sport's actions throughout the process.
    "Drug Free Sport does not comment on client program specifics related to any collection event, but the NSAC, the UFC and Drug Free Sport were diligent in their effort to ensure a fair and ethical collection event in Brazil."
    Aldo has also publicly stated he did nothing wrong and at no point did he or any member of his camp attempt to delay or prevent the test.
    "I'm an athlete and they want to prove [everything is OK], so I went there and did everything right, everything I had to do," Aldo told MMAFighting.com. "If they come here again, they know where to find me. They have my address, gym's address -- they know where I am. I gave them all my information, my phone number. They can come here if they want."

<aside class="inline inline-photo float-l"><figure><source data-srcset="http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0324%2Fmma_g_mcgregor_jv_1296x729.jpg&w=267, <a href=" http:=" target=" _blank"="">http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/...detail-jose-aldos-random-drug-test-last-month
    </figure></aside>